TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 17, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Fantasy Island: Archive through August 17, 2021 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 11, 2021 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Decided to start a thread for this one.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 11, 2021 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Fantasy Island! I really liked it, the scenery was amazing, do we know if they are filming in Hawaii?

I thought the first 2 stories were entertaining abut they are clearly still setting up the characters.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, August 11, 2021 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Where and when is this on?

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, August 11, 2021 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
It comes on Tuesdays in Canada, Jimmer. One of the networks. I forget which one, but the first one was yesterday.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 11, 2021 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It's on Fox here on Tuesdays as well.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, August 11, 2021 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Jimmer & Stratty, it was on Global TV on Tuesday, I think at 9 pm. Here in Ontario.

We watched it tonight during dinner, as we tape all our shows. Have to admit I teared up a lot during this first ep.

You can probably find the episode you missed on Rogers On Demand. Or the Global TV website.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, August 12, 2021 - 3:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I think it has potential. Did you see the morphing tattoo at the end? A little nod to "Tattoo" from the previous Fantasy Island?

I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 12, 2021 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thank you Strategist, I saw that and didn't get it, just thought it was magical.

Now it makes sense, and it wasn't just a magical moment on the island that I didn't understand, LOL.

I never get these little subtleties. I love that all you guys tell me about them.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, August 12, 2021 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched it yet (I've recorded it), but I did Google where it's filmed, and they're filming it in Puerto Rico. Cool!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, August 13, 2021 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Puerto Rico?? I would have guessed somewhere in the French Polynesia since it looked really exotic. Anyway, so far so good. I felt like getting really fat watching all that food...

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, August 14, 2021 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Watched the pilot last night and really enjoyed it! Loved the small references to the original and think she makes a great Rourke!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, August 14, 2021 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I watched it yesterday and also enjoyed it. It takes me back to those Saturday nights on the couch with my parents (both gone now). I guess Ruby is going to be the new Tattoo. I did see her back tattoo shimmer at the end. Thanks for the heads up about that. I was watching for it. I also got a bit teary at parts. It's a sweet show.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, August 14, 2021 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It repeats tonight at 9pm. I've never seen the original, so I'm not sure about it, but I'm going to give it a try.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, August 14, 2021 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
You really don't need to see the original, Kitt. If you like light fantasy disney-ish shows, you'll enjoy this.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, August 15, 2021 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It's all about people getting to experience their heart's desire, even though sometimes they don't realize what their heart's desire might be. It's total escapism. We need that right now.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, August 15, 2021 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I watched it. It was okay. I didn’t like it as well as the original but I’ll give it a second chance.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, August 15, 2021 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's a little bit predictable, so I'll have to see whether they can make it fun enough to continue watching. Hopefully they can. Episodes 1 are often a bit laboured.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, August 15, 2021 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I liked it ok but don’t like the character that is suppose to be the tattoo character. Hoping for someone with a little more whimsy or humorous.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 16, 2021 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Maybe they'll be able to develop her character more as time goes on. She was cured of cancer and had to say goodbye to her husband in the first episode, so maybe she'll come into her own in coming weeks.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, August 16, 2021 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The original Tattoo was very unique for obvious reasons and is quite an iconic TV character that is hard to replace.

I wonder if her husband will be able to ever see her again?

I think that Fantasy Island as a series concept has great potential for serious insightful drama but I doubt very much that they will take it in that direction. Seems pretty lightweight right now (as was the original).

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, August 16, 2021 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I don’t mind lightweight. Many shows seem to be dark and heavy these days.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, August 16, 2021 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
True. Both from a visual and a dramatic viewpoint.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, August 16, 2021 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I'm just looking forward to feeling like I'm on vacation visiting their beautiful location each week.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, August 17, 2021 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Exactly, Strategist! It's nice to have a light, fun show in this world of so much darkness right now. It's kind of refreshing.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 17, 2021 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Fantasy Island
@FantasyIslandTV
The island is always up to something.

Don’t miss an all-new #FantasyIsland tonight at 9/8c on
@FOXTV