TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 21, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Fantasy Island: Archive through February 21, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 30, 2023 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New show tonight.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 30, 2023 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I went to watch my recording and it was a Lisa Marie Presley special instead.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, January 30, 2023 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I just checked and I saw that Fantasy Island is no longer set to record although it was scheduled to a few hours ago. The tivo schedule now shows that hour will be the Lisa Marie Pressley special.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 30, 2023 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, that's a bummer. Mine recorded, but was also the Lisa Marie special.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 30, 2023 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yes it looks like TMZ took over the time slot! I was bummed.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, February 01, 2023 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Brett Butler, funny I was just thinking of her a couple of weeks ago. I hadn’t heard anything about her in years, I assumed she was dead, and poof,there she is!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 01, 2023 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I recognized her, but she has (like the rest of us) aged a bit. I saw her recently on another show and recognized her voice before I could recall who she was.

This show is kind of like an updated Love Boat. They also used to bring on older TV and movie stars who weren't necessarily working anymore. So fun to see those familiar faces again!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, February 01, 2023 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"This show is kind of like an updated Love Boat."

I thought it was kind of like an updated Fantasy Island!

Those two shows were related though...didn't the Love Boat once make a stop at Fantasy Island in an episode?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 02, 2023 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
SFJF, same genre, same era. I was a fan of both, but I don't recall an episode where the Love Boat made a port call on Fantasy Island! But then in those days (pre VCRs) it was common to miss an episode once in a while if you had a life. Let me know if you find that one. I'd like to see it!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, February 02, 2023 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Apparently it was also the same producer, same channel and on the same night!

Fantasy Island and The Love Boat
http://www.poobala.com/fantasyandlove.html

---

Apparently Loni Anderson wasn't very happy with her Love Boat cruise so she went to Fantasy Island. :-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 04, 2023 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Ooooohhhhh! I'll check that one out. Thanks, SFJF!!! 😘

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 06, 2023 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New show tonight .... unless someone famous dies and TMZ kicks it off, LOL.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 06, 2023 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
SFJF, I should have watched The Love Boat first, cause I started with Fantasy Island. I went through almost the whole episode with no reference to LB. I see now I need to go back. I found the episodes in Tubi. Having the date, though, was very helpful. Thanks again!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, February 06, 2023 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Yer welcome. :-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 07, 2023 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hey, SFJF, since you are such a tech wiz, do you know how I can stream the East Coast feed of network TV (ABC) on West Coast time? I have a job recapping The Bachelor, and this staying up till all hours to recap a two-hour show is killing me! If anyone knows how to do it, I'm hoping it will be you. Thanks!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, February 07, 2023 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Sorry, Babyjaxmom, I have no idea, but maybe the link below will help....or maybe not.

I just googled part of your post ("how I can stream the East Coast feed of network TV (ABC) on West Coast time?" and got this result. (see link below)

I noticed that some of the answers are a couple (or more years old, though.

Google Link

If you click the google link you can see the full url in your browser. I had to shorten the length of the link because it would've made the page go super wide and everyone hates that! :-)

-----

BabyJaxmom, Next time try asking a simple question on Google...it returns a lot of results from others who asked the same question, or a similar one. If it's a complicated question the results may not get you what you're looking for. That's what I do. That's how I found the Love Boat/Fantasy Island crossover.

Good Luck!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 07, 2023 - 10:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
BTW, SFJF, I just watched that Love Boat episode this afternoon (the one with Loni Anderson). I had to FF through a lot of it, cause it was an hour and 15 minutes long (must've been an hour and a half originally with ads). And now I'm confused, cause Loni seemed to end up with the guy (Charles Frank, another familiar face from teh 80s), but then she went to Fantasy Island without him.

I loved that show back in the day, but now it's super painful to watch! Isaac and Gofer sneaking a horse onto the ship?! It was fun seeing Betty White and her real life hubby Allen Ludden. He passed away just a few months later. He was the love of her life.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 08, 2023 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Such a sweet show this week. Having just lost my own mom during Covid (thank God it wasn't Covid, she was 97), it made me well up a few times. I think that would be my fantasy, too. I'd love to be able to spend time with my mom and dad again, and my son when he was a baby. Time goes too fast!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, February 10, 2023 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Seeing what seems to be a Botox free Teri Hatcher, Brett Butler and Joely Fisher in the last three episodes is refreshing and also eye opening. I was surprised at how much they’ve aged but actually it’s probably just normal aging.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 11, 2023 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm always surprised to see how our favorites of just a few years ago have aged, but then so have I, sadly.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 13, 2023 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New show tonight.,

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Monday, February 13, 2023 - 10:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
A better "Groundhog Day" twist than on The Flash.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 14, 2023 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Dang it, I hate it when they think the best plot line is to separate two people that belong together. It's such a tired idea.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 20, 2023 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New show tonight!

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Tuesday, February 21, 2023 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Was not expecting a haunted house episode.
Will Helena forgive Elena?