TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 03, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Fantasy Island: Archive through October 03, 2021 users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, August 17, 2021 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I watched episode 1 last night, Monday. I enjoyed it, look forward to where they might go with it.

I don't keep up with current actors and actresses. I am thinking I recognize this season's Roarke as a former sister-in-law?/major character for a short time from CSI Miami?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, August 18, 2021 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Juju here's the Wikilink to Roselyn Sanchez's bio and filmography. I know her from the short-lived series GRAND HOTEL. I really like her and am delighted she scored this show.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roselyn_S%C3%A1nchez

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 18, 2021 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
ANother good show last night, I enjoyed it.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, August 18, 2021 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it too. It's a nice change from life.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, August 18, 2021 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
" I am thinking I recognize this season's Roarke as a former sister-in-law?"

Did you watch "Devious Maids"? She was a main character for all four seasons.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, August 18, 2021 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Did anyone notice that the tattoo on the new assistant's back was some kind of spiral design in this episode? Last week, it was a vertical line of symbols.

tattoo
(Image taken from the episode that aired last night)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, August 18, 2021 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Hey...if it continues to change, maybe each different tattoo stands for a different number...and it winds up being this:

4, 5, 15, 16, 23, 42

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, August 18, 2021 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL ... I knew there was something suspicious about that island!

Yayadeb

08-12-2021

Wednesday, August 18, 2021 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yayadeb a private message Print Post    
I first saw Roslyn Sanchez on Desperate Housewives, then Devious Maids, then Grand Hotel. Her husband, Eric Winter, is on The Rookie.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, August 19, 2021 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
If I'm not mistaken, her back tattoo changed into the spiral at the end of the 1st episode, when she was saying goodbye to her husband. Roark's great granddaughter (haven't got the names down yet) saw it. I was watching for it, since you guys gave me the heads up that something would happen to the tattoo.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, August 19, 2021 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Did anyone notice that the tattoo on the new assistant's back was some kind of spiral design in this episode? Last week, it was a vertical line of symbols.

It actually changed to this at the end of the first episode.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, August 19, 2021 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Sorry, Babyjaxmom. Just saw that you posted the same thing.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, August 19, 2021 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"It actually changed to this at the end of the first episode."

Oops! I totally missed that. I just checked that episode and this time I saw it change with the light highlighting the tattoo as it became a spiral. It would've to be hard to miss...I must've been been looking at the chicken nuggets I was snacking on at that particular moment! :-)

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, August 20, 2021 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Angie from All My Children staring next week.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, August 20, 2021 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yeah I recognized her immediately.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, August 20, 2021 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Did anyone else notice that the couple on this week's episode who were trying to reconnect were played by Dave and Odette Annable, who are married in real life. They met when they were both on the show Brothers and Sisters, were married for 10 years and then, sadly, separated last year--before getting back together 10 months later. I wonder if they were hired for this episode because of their backstory. Ironic, if not. Love them!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, August 20, 2021 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Mame, I did too! She hasnt aged at all! those were my fav AMC years. Jesse Angie and Jenny sigh good times

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, August 20, 2021 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
First time I watched this show this week. It was interesting!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, August 20, 2021 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Pamy, Y&R, Days, and especially AW were my soaps. But since I had a couple of columns in Soap Opera Weekly, I was familiar with the Stars of the other soaps like AMC. My favourite memories include going to a few of the Daytime Emmy's and the parties, chatting with some of the Stars afterwards.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, August 22, 2021 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Pamy you can find all those old episodes on YouTube. I forgot Angie and Cliff had a romance.

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Sunday, August 22, 2021 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
I don't remember ever seeing the original, but this show is charming in its own way. Nice to have the stories resolve in one episode.

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Thursday, September 30, 2021 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
The last episode was so romantic so I hope it will be renewed.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, October 01, 2021 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed this show a lot more than I thought I would. The scenery is so beautiful and the story lines are very touching. It's hokey, but fun. I watched the original, too, with my parents when I was a kid (or a teenager). I love how the last episode brought in the original Mr. Rourke and paid homage to Tattoo. I hope it gets renewed, too.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, October 02, 2021 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Didn't realize it was the season finale. Quite enjoyable.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, October 03, 2021 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Enjoyed the series. Roselyn Sanchez is awesome. I've recognized her since "Without a Trace".

Some of the episodes were blatantly feminist, but I didn't mind that. All were well written and acted, and if it gets a 2nd season, I will be watching.