TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Challenge USA 2

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: The Challenge: Challenge USA 2 users admin

The Challenge USA
The Challenge: USA (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through August 11, 2023Brenda196625 08-11-23  7:43 pm
Archive through August 28, 2023Lexie_girl25 08-28-23  7:33 am
Archive through October 14, 2023Karuuna25 10-14-23  6:27 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, October 14, 2023 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Online says Bananas gets 60,000-150,000 for being on the Challenge..I am sure it varies per person too, plus season.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, October 17, 2023 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm kind of surprised by how much I'm enjoying this show. It's a little like a crazy, significantly more physical Big Brother.

I was also a bit puzzled by Josh's plea for money after winning Big Brother. I guess they blew through the $500,000 pretty quickly. I've been impressed by Michaela's performance. She seems smart, physically capable and very determined to overcome any fears.

I'm also surprised by how much I enjoy the "vets". Even though I haven't watched the regular series, I'm enjoying seeing them in this game. Did I hear correctly that Bananas has won seven times?!?!?

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, October 17, 2023 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Yes Bananas has won seven of the 21 seasons of the Challenge he has been on (not counting spin-offs) …2nd most in prize money with $1,184,720…but if you look closely only two of the seven wins were as an individual…the others were in pairs or teams.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 19, 2023 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Great finale!!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, October 20, 2023 - 3:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Great final- terrible editing in last 30 seconds….I am used to MTV editing that gives at least a minute for the people to all be together at the end….and not have credits scrolling as some show up.

Did micaela finish or med exit…all I head was “let me take your blood pressure” - another bad edit….

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, October 20, 2023 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Glad that Chris and Desi won. Chris won straight up, through many more challenges than anyone else went through. No matter what people have said about his Survivor win, he was made for the Challenge.

I’m just so amazed by the finale women. They all were awesome.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, October 20, 2023 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I suspect they pulled Micaela. She was disoriented and dizzy. It just shows how one mistake in decision making can make or break you.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, October 20, 2023 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched last night's episode, but evidently there was an overnight challenge that wasn't shown on TV. Bananas posted it and said it was crazy that it wasn't shown.

As evidenced by the finale in S1 of Challenge USa, CBS does a totally crap job of editing this show.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, October 20, 2023 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
The could have at least shown us the outcome of Micaela. I felt so bad for her.

I was happy with the winners, great redemption for both of them!!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, October 20, 2023 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I thought the fact that they were giving Michaela food meant that she was out of the game. Online, they're calling it a medical DQ.

Good ending to the season - happy with the winners!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, October 20, 2023 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Agreed it was a way too rushed finale. Once I figured out I did hear right, and it was a two-day finale I didn't se how they were going to get it all covered in one hour, which is actually 42 minutes. We stick with a show this long, and they rush through the only really important part, who won and how did they perform in the finale. Desi is a remarkable young woman - beauty, brains, AND feminine brawn without being obnoxious about it all.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, October 20, 2023 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Oh, and I have to admit, I have absolutely NO recollection of Chris winning Survivor, nor of there being any allegations that he did not deserve it. What? Did he beat out Russell or something? I always say whoever is voted the winner in Survivor is the one who deserved to win. Because, of course.

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Friday, October 20, 2023 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
I think on Survivor, he had been voted out, was out for a good little bit and won his way back in at like F4 or something. So the criticism was that he had time away, and able to bond with the other jurors and that the jury had an agreement that if whoever got back in got to F3 they would vote for them in retaliation of the others that were still in the game.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, October 21, 2023 - 3:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Correct BBpeach, BUT my issue with people saying Chris didn't deserve to win is he didn't create the situation where he bonded with the jury for a month on Exile/Redemption Island (whatever it was called). This was one of Jeff's lame twists that literally backfired on him. Jeff, as Executive Producer, created the situation which allowed Chris to bond with the jury for a month. Chris legit won his way back into the game and they jury gave him the money. It's not his fault that Jeff comes up with all these lame twists to "make the game more exciting."

As far as I'm concerned, Chris did deserve the win.

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Saturday, October 21, 2023 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
Agreed. The criticism should be with production. Hate the game, not the player!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, October 21, 2023 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Agree Chris deserved his win. This win shows what a comp beast he is and this is years later. He would have dominated all the individual challenges that people were irritated that he didnt compete in

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: