TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 28, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: The Challenge: Challenge USA 2: Archive through August 28, 2023 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, August 12, 2023 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I agree, Brenda!

But overall, I do like that you have to fight to stay by going into elimination. In spite of having favorites, and hating it when they went in, I do think it makes for a better, less predictable show.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, August 13, 2023 - 4:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I agree Karuuna... at least in the first season of USA, each person had to go in to elimination and win the $5K to run the final.

But this lottery draw seems very random. Is it possible that someone with only one vote can have his/her name pulled and go into elimination and someone with 7 or 8 votes doesn't go in? I guess we'll see.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, August 13, 2023 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I'm assuming this will discourage "burn" votes? No one will certainly burn their vote on themselves anymore.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, August 13, 2023 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure they stated that everyone has to go in and earn their place in the final this season. I did like that in the prior season. I'm not sure they could or should do then when it's a random draw. So yes, one ball and you could go in!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, August 14, 2023 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
So my DVR did not record this last night and it picked up BB - I guess golf ran late? Can someone fill me in on who went into elimination and who won?

T.I.A.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, August 14, 2023 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lexie, the winning team (green) chose Tori and Bananas. Wes tried to talk them out of it, but they are targeting vets and there's no stopping them.

They then rallied the other BB and Survivor contestants to vote for votes for the random ball draw.

Jonna got 5 (out of 15) votes, she was picked.

Game was balls falling down a wall, they had to compete to grab them and put them in their own tub. Tori owned Jonna, and Jonna went home.

So one vet down.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, August 14, 2023 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Tori was so brutal to Jonna that Tiff said 'she has kids at home' It was painful to watch

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, August 14, 2023 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
And the first elmination was between Ameera and Michelle. Michelle figured out that someone from her own team voted her in. It was Jonna and many suspected Jonna. So I guess Jonna got her due for turning on her own teammate? Michelle won.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 15, 2023 - 3:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks y'all.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, August 18, 2023 - 4:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, count me in as not liking the way they chose who goes into the elimination challenge. Too random. Also am never a fan of teams. Seems like all the strong competitors will be out first. They do a good job of coming up with different comps though.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, August 21, 2023 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Yikes, Josh is a bully!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, August 21, 2023 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
He is, and I'm so mad they capitulated to him.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, August 21, 2023 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
And then they talk about how sweet he is?! He's a big baby in my mind.

Sorry to see Luis go, but I think he's kind of a small guy. But it sure was fun to see him on there, kind of like when we got to see Derek X from BB.

And I love that people are defecting. It's always a bummer when they try to mix things up like this but everyone is afraid to try it.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, August 21, 2023 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’ll do a banner for this as soon as I get the chance. I’ve watched the first two episodes but I didn’t realize it’s on twice a week!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, August 21, 2023 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jimmer!!! xoxo

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, August 23, 2023 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm catching up on all the Challenges that I missed since I never watched the show before. I have to say the difference in production between the MTV version and the CBS version is startling. I can barely stay awake for USA2 this season. I'm not a fan of the way teams are structured, the eliminations are handled, as well as all the BB players.

MTV does it so much better.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, August 25, 2023 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Totally agree! That's why I've been such a curmudgeon about the CBS version. If one watches all the MTV seasons...the CBS one lacks so much.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, August 25, 2023 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
What I do like about the CBS version is they aren't drunk for most of the show.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, August 25, 2023 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
i've been watching all the MTV versions, and I find the CBS one still very entertaining.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, August 25, 2023 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I do too, although the comps in last night's show were a bit of a snoozefest.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, August 26, 2023 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
The CBS version doesn't have less drinking. It's because The Challenge MTV started curbing the drinking. They had new rules. They gave them drink tickets they couldn't exceed per night, and could not pass on to others. No drinking before challenges etc. When Challenge USA came out, the rules were already in place.

I'm glad that all reality shows are finally cracking down on drinking where the contestants are forced to live together. Now if they could only get the Real Housewives to follow suit. But then, they wouldn't have a show I guess.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, August 27, 2023 - 3:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Right SinceBB1. In the early seasons of The Challenge they would go to public nightclubs and drink without limitation. In the later seasons, they "built" a club next to where ever they were staying and that's where they could have their two drinks per person when they "went out."

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, August 27, 2023 - 5:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Actually the self built club was due to Covid. The drink tickets started in 2021 with Season 37.

I am binging champs vs pros/stars again and surprised they didn’t do it after Camilla assaulted a crew member trying to help her when drunk.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, August 28, 2023 - 4:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Loved that Wes won...I like Dusty, but one TAR season versus 20 different variations of Challenge seasons plus Real World beginnings makes it easier to have loyalty with Wes.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, August 28, 2023 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I follow Wes on Twitter. He said this was his last season of The Challenge. He has a lot of businesses that require his attention, and now he's married with a baby coming in less than a month.