TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
4/11 - Top 7 Week (Singing and Result...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 4/11 - Top 7 Week (Singing and Results) users admin

American Idol
American Idol (on FOX)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 11, 2012Mamie31625 04-11-12  6:09 pm
Archive through April 11, 2012Jag200025 04-11-12  10:21 pm
Archive through April 12, 2012Kookliebird25 04-12-12  5:52 pm
Archive through April 12, 2012Seamonkey25 04-12-12  9:28 pm
Archive through April 13, 2012Babyjaxmom25 04-13-12  10:32 am
Archive through April 14, 2012Granjan25 04-14-12  9:10 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, April 14, 2012 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I don't like Jennifer Hudson's voice either or maybe I should say her screaming. I leave the room when her commercial comes on. My husband who doesn't watch AI said the first time he heard it, "tell me she didn't win" We all have different tastes and different opinions though.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 14, 2012 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
In fairness to Jessica.. we are all sitting here at considerably more years of life, but if she did start singing very young then most of the life she remembers did involve her working at her singing. I don't fault her for being there or saying those things. Fault maybe her parents for putting her out there at this age, or those who undoubtedly encouraged them.. and AI.

But, I do think she and Joshua should go soon.

I do think Skylar has more of the whole package and Colton has proven that he has it too.

I like Jennifer.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Saturday, April 14, 2012 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
I like Jennifer Hudson, but I didn't like her performance last week. There were too many other people singing with her and you could barely hear her voice.
I was really disappointed in James. I was looking forward to hearing him sing. Even though I am not a "metal" fan I liked him last year. I was very disappointed in his performance.
I look for a win from either Skylar or Jessica. Both are great.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Saturday, April 14, 2012 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
i still say that i feel uncomfortable with how jessica presents herself and i'm sure i'm not the only one

ya she has a good voice but she is a little showoff and it was great to see her panic when she realized she was in bottom three

i dont find her likeable as far as personality, she seems fake, like one of those pagent girls with the glued on Smile and perky waves and giggles for the audience

seeing her youtubes, prancing around in the bedroom turned me off too, where are the parents when decisions like that are made??

oh wait, wasnt bieber discovered on youtube?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Youre right Sunsyne,Jessica dresses way too old. She acts way too old-even her picture above, looks way older than any 16 yr old.
I guess my favorite Joshua, isnt much of a fav here- so probably not with America either. Once hes gone,Im rooting for Elise.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
DH and I love Joshua, Lakecat. I think he's great and loved his rendition of the Bruno Mars song last week. He knocked it out of the park, as far as we're concerned. Had a big ol' smile on my face the whole time he was performing!

Skydiver6

07-21-2006

Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Skydiver6 a private message Print Post    
I have a feeling Jessica is not going to have to worry next week or any time after. Now the whole Filipino community is up in arms and planning on making sure she wins because she is the BEST!

http://http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/
255073/pinoyabroad/conspiracy-theories-surround-american-idol-voting

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Monday, April 16, 2012 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
Wow, I am sitting here reading everyone's posts and I can't believe how differently I feel. I love Jessica, I think Elise can't sing, Joshua is fabulous, Colton and Skylar I can do without and originally liked Phillip Phillips but am getting tired of the same routine. I was surprised that "America" voted Jessica off but I guess thats what makes this a true contest, mostly a contest of our votes.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, April 16, 2012 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I don't vote & I don't buy much music. However, I do listen to music alot. I base my fav's on...

1) who's music might I buy: Elise
2) who's music would I not change the radio when it came on: Elise, Colton, Phillip, Skylar

3) I would not even be listening to stations that might play Jessica or Joshua so I have to say that I have no interest in either one of them.

4) Holly could be molded into someone that I would listen to. She's not found herself musically yet so I would put her as my 5th fav.

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 5:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
Texas, I am totally on the same page as you.
I would buy Elise's album absolutely. I might even buy Colten and Phillips depending on how it sounds. I would listen to Skyler on the radio.

I like Holly and think the judges have treated her badly. With some work, she could be very marketable.

Also agree with you Texasdeb, on what you said about Jessica's comment. For me, it wasn't so much the "all my life" that was annoying, it was the "I've worked hard". Does she not realize that all of them obviously have been working hard to get where they are now.

I also agree with who said she is trying too hard to impress the judges with her technique and forgetting to entertain America.

Llkoolaid

08-01-2001

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Llkoolaid a private message Print Post    
I wasn't a bit surprised by the results last night once Ryan started the two sides thing, everytime he does that it is a "shocker".

I am also not surprised that Jessica doesn't have the fan base even though she has an incredible voice. She just doesn't reach people and her music isn't as popular as someone like Skylar. I think Jessica can sing circles around skylar but being Skylar is a country girl and all the country fans around she should be safe, which sucks for me because I don't like country and I think she just yells a lot. Same thing for Joshua, screamer, yes he has talent but he isn't mainstream enough to garner the votes.

This is not a talent competition and so I think it will be a skylar/Colton finale. I wouldn't mind Colton but if another country singer wins I am done with American Idol.

My favorite is Holly, probably more because they are so hard on her, she has a good voice but her fear is holding her back. I don't care who wins but would just be happy to see Skylar and Jessica go before Holly, sounds kind of petty doesn't it, but that is how I feel.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
My favorite is Holly too. And probably for the same reason but she was my favorite from the start. I also love Colton. I think Skylar yells alot and I like some country. Same with Joshua.

It is funny I usually like the one the judges dump on the most. My favorite last year was Hayley.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: