TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 12, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 4/11 - Top 7 Week (Singing and Results): Archive through April 12, 2012 users admin

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Skylar and Colton are good. Phillip is Phillip! Elise was awesome. Joshua shrieks too much. Jessica is technically good but doesn't have much personality. And Hollie is good but in over her head, I believe.

Let's see who goes and what they have to do next week.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Now they have Joshua, Phillip and Skylar safe.

Shocker76

05-24-2007

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shocker76 a private message Print Post    
A good night overall. I think Joshua, Elise, Colton and Skylar had the best performances. Skylar seems to be the most marketable. Jessica seemed like a lounge singer. I don't know who is dressing the women, but it needs to get better. Hollie sang well with the song from Pink, but when Pink sings it, she has more grit and that just wasn't there. Phillip really needs a "David Cook" moment or he'll be gone. Elise is consistent and surprises each week. I wish the judges were a little more critical instead of always giving them a pass.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I think Skylar has improved every week not just in her performances but more importantly in letting her personality shine. She is bubbly and very very marketable. I easily see her winning the whole thing. I do think it will be a Colton Skylar final two.

Philip is good, will sell plenty of CDs but i really get the impression he does not want to win. He has done all he needs to do and is very happy and comfortable in his skin. Jessica to me is a bore. I agree she has the potential to be a Celine Dion, will do great soundtracks for movies, can draw huge crowds in Vegas but she is a bore to me. Hollie has great potential but is way to young and inexperienced. I liked Joshua last night, he has a natural talent and is very much at home on the stage.

I was happy with Elise too but it is obvious to me that someone on American Idol doesnt like her. They deliberately put her in the worst fitting, least flattering clothes. She just doesnt seem able to draw an audience or loyalty.

I think Hollie will go home but I easily see the bottom three as Elise, Philip and Hollie.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think this format is not right for Philip. I see him in more intimate venues wowing the crowd.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I did not see all the performances, but did see the duet with Elise and Philip. That could have been a wonderful moment for both of them. But, I thought that Elise should have dialed it back a bit more to mesh better with Philip (and vice-versa for Philip). As it was, Elise sounded like she was singing the song herself with Philip as backup vocals.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
DH and I were pretty much offended by Elise rolling her eyes when she was talking about having to sing with Phillip AGAIN. I think the producers may have put her up to that, but we thought it fell flat and made her even more unlikable than she already is. She's good, but I basically think she's too old for this competition and not humble enough. She'll go soon.

Maris, the song that Hollie sang is "Perfect." LOL. I have trouble with her accent sometimes, too, but she sang it pretty well. I think she oversings, though. She sounds a little screecy sometimes on those big notes. The best singers make it sound effortless.

Our favorites are Skylar, Colton and Joshua--not necessarily in that order. I'm surprised to see DialIdol has Colton in the bottom three. If he or Elise is voted off tonight, they might just use that stupid save.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I don't see the judges saving Elise. I only see them using the save on Jessica, Joshua or Colton... and possibly Skylar (but I don't think Skylar will be in trouble).

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Jessica is a total bore to me, too. I am not interested in her packages, either.

I'm not really into country music but there is something about Skylar I like.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I just listened to the performances (couldn't stay awake last night) on the website (yes, I listened to a tampon commercial enough times that I am almost brainwashed into going out and buying the product...that I don't need!). My main comment involves harmonies - I really do believe that they got better singers this year in that most of them can sing harmony...in the past when they tried to do "sing-togethers" so many times at least one of the people couldn't hack it...obviously they didn't know HOW to sing harmony. This year's crop, or at least Skylar/Colton and Elise/Phillip, are actually really good at singing duets (at least in my opinion). The trio of Jessica/Joshua/Hollie wasn't nearly as effective.

I thought Hollie totally oversang her song...it was just wrong for her vocals. Pink is a gritty singer...Hollie is not. Whomever told her to sing that song obviously didn't care whether she sang it correctly or not.

I thought Phillip did a good job and I thought the judges were a little harsh on him, but I really think they are trying to draw out a more complete performance from his as opposed to him standing there singing on stage and doing nothing else...not sure Phillip has it in him. Don't get me wrong - I think he is awesome, but he isn't the "big performance" type of singer (just my opinion).

On the other hand, I thought Colton was spectacular. He knows how not only to sing VERY WELL but to also showcase himself in a dramatic fashion...kind of reminds me of Adam Lambert with the theatrics. He seems to know how to use his body and face to best effect. He is working hard also on opening his eyes more...earlier in the competition he had a tendency to half shut his eyes and they tended to disappear behind his hair. He has beautiful eyes but only now is he starting to use them to better effect (yes, I have a little Colton crush).

I wasn't as impressed by Elise as the judges but the girl can sing.

I don't think Joshua screams but he sings a genre of music that blows out the vocals and I guess that is what some people call screaming. I didn't like this week's performance at all. That suit he had on...I kept thinking it was an 80s prom tux or something.

Loved Skylar's first song but thought she was definitely weaker in the duet. She was pitchy at times, although she settled in towards the end. Why did she wear two dresses that were basically the same...did anybody else notice? They were the kind that were cut shorter in front and longer in back...which I don't think is that flattering of a look, especially on her.

Jessica...awesome voice, meh personality.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I liked Skylar's black and white dress, but the red one was too old for her. And Elise!!! OMG!!! That dress she wore for her solo performance was hideous on her. It made her look chubby and she's not. Just awful. I thought Tommy Hilfiger was supposed to be helping them?

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
The only positive effect of having Tommy Hilfiger on to counsel their wardrobe is to his benefit only, I'm afraid. He gets lots of publicity and exposure but the kids really aren't being presented very well. Of course, Colton was the exception as both Stephen and Randy wanted HIS jacket! LOL

Hollie's dress was hideous as was the one Elise wore.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think they would use the save on Phillip as well, if it happens he's last.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I agree with u Panda. Jessica bores me.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Me too. I think as young as Jessica is, she sings "old." I had never heard of that song she sang last night. She was good, but I would never buy it. I don't think most of the kids who watch this show would either. Why she's probably going to be in the bottom 3 tonight.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I agree with you guys on Jessica. I think she is a great technical singer, but emotionally, does nothing for me. You're right, Bjax, she does sing "old".

I really do love Phillip, for some reason. I just do. He reminds me of a subdued Dave Matthews, but more broad than that.

I like Colton, too, and Elise.

Eroica

07-28-2005

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eroica a private message Print Post    
FROM TMZ

There will be a stunning turn of events on "American Idol" tonight, because TMZ has learned one of the absolute favorites to win the competition will be eliminated.

Sources connected with the show tell TMZ ... producers are scrambling to persuade the judges to use their "save" on the contestant.

We're told producers actually thought 2 of the 3 contestants in the bottom tonight were strong candidates to win the entire competition.

And we're told the person who is booted tonight is the one producers thought was the strongest on the show, and they are as stunned over the vote as they were when Jennifer Hudson was kicked off the show.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So I guess Hollie and Elise are safe.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
LOL, Jimmer...if it's not one of those two, I predict the save will be used.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
My bet is Jessica or Joshua..... and they will probably use the save.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
They are moving them into groups.

Right now, it's Philip/Hollie in 1 group,
Elise / Jessica in another.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Now, it's
Philip / Hollie / Colton
Elise / Jessica / Joshua

Hmmm, maybe it is Colton or Philip. This is usually the game where the final person has to pick which group they are in. Skylar is probably safe though.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Phillip, Hollie and Colton now in 1 group, Elise, Jessica and Joshua in another.

Skylar is the "Huff".

ETA: The "Huff" is referring to George Huff, who was the first person they pulled the "you are safe, now pick which group is the safe group" trick that they use EVERY year.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Hollie's the group is the safe one.
It's either Elise, Jessica or Joshua with the lowest.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
According to Jimmy, the bottom three should be Phillip, Elise and Hollie

Boy, I bet that makes them feel good.