TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
8th Show, Feb 21 Finale

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXX: 8th Show, Feb 21 Finale users admin

"It's Just a Million Dollars, No Pressure"

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through February 21, 2018Jag200025 02-21-18  9:55 pm
Archive through February 22, 2018Uncle_ricky25 02-22-18  2:00 pm
Archive through February 23, 2018Seamonkey25 02-23-18  5:45 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, February 23, 2018 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the reminder, it seems so long ago.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Friday, February 23, 2018 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Exclusive: Henry Zhang and Evan Lynyak talk 'The Amazing Race' (Part 1)

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-henry-zhang-and-evan-lynyak-talk-the-amazing-race-%28part-1%29-23589.php

Exclusive: Kristi Leskinen and Jen Hudak talk 'The Amazing Race' (Part 1)

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-kristi-leskinen-and-jen-hudak-talk-the-amazing-race-%28part-1%29-23593.php

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, February 23, 2018 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
on the rewatch I noticed on the smash challenge Jess yelled to Cody dont forget to look for clue and when the girls did it it seemed like Jen keppt whispering for her to find the clue like she wasnt allowed to yell out...didnt the bb guys get penalty for one of them yelling help while one was doing a task? is it cuz one is detour and one is roadblock?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 23, 2018 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I noticed...

Turtletoes

08-02-2006

Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 12:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Turtletoes a private message Print Post    
I think what was happening there was that Kristi was thinking that she just had to smash everything, and Jen was whispering for Kristi to read her clue!! Kristi wasn’t even looking for the clues. Jen probably could have yelled and told her, but was probably afraid to. I think it would have been ok as long as Jen wasn’t telling her where the clues were if she could see them but Kristi didn’t.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhhh that makes sense. ty!

66mustang

06-30-2011

Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send 66mustang a private message Print Post    
Perhaps ambiguous wording on my part: Any wing whose top logo matches one of the eight logos already known (2 on the prop, 2 on the vertical stabilizer and 4 on the horizontal stabilizers) is "wrong" and does not need to be flipped. If the top logo is NOT one of the eight already known, then the wing must be flipped to see if the bottom logo is also new, or is a repeat.

[Another timesaver, BTW: if you can eliminate three wings, you don't need to check the fourth, since you have zero chance of finding two "correct" wings in that instance. If you can eliminate three wings based on the top logos, you don't have to flip any of them.]

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Exclusive: Alex Rossi and Conor Daly talk 'The Amazing Race' (Part 1)

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-alex-rossi-and-conor-daly-talk-the-amazing-race-%28part-1%29-23595.php

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
66Mustang, I'm sorry, I'm not following you. Just because a wing logo matches one of the other 8, doesn't mean it's wrong. For example, it could be that you have the wrong prop.

When they tell you it's not right, they don't tell you which ones are right or wrong or even how many you have right. It's either right or wrong.

Also, if you read the interviews, they weren't sure *which* of the symbols were actually the correct symbols as well. In Jen's interview (linked above) she said:

There were a few images that were really obvious, like a fortune cookie -- like, yeah, that represents San Francisco. (Laughs) But there were definitely a few that were pretty hard to decipher and could have represented various legs, like more than one leg of the Race

Missyb

07-28-2004

Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Nice interview with Cody and Jess:

https://parade.com/648294/mikebloom/the-amazing-race-30-cody-nickson-and-jessica-graf-go-from-evicted-to-victorious/

66mustang

06-30-2011

Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send 66mustang a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, if a wing logo matches one of the other 8, then it is "wrong" FOR THAT ITERATION (combination of prop, vert stab and horiz stabs). It may well be "RIGHT" for another combination of P/VS/HSs, and you will find that out later in the process, but it is "wrong" for the combination currently being tested.

And I'm not sure why the logos themselves were important ... you just had to find twelve different ones. Unless they threw in a thirteenth (decoy) logo, in which case you'd have to ferret that one out after your twelve-different logo plane was rejected. [Does anyone know if there was a decoy logo??]

Vickie

07-16-2004

Monday, February 26, 2018 - 4:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
I think I would of been happier over Jody winning if I wasn’t already tainted by the Big Brother experience. I really want team x to win only I knew Jen was a terrible puzzler.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, February 26, 2018 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
There were in fact 2 symbols per leg. These were some of the ones identified. There was also a map and a train, not sure where those go. Courtesy: Reddit.

Helmet = Iceland

Horn = Iceland

French Fry = Belgium

Ladder = Belgium

Fish = Morocco

Rudder = France 1

Knight = France 2

Magnifying Glass = Czech Republic

Beer = Czech Republic

Canteen = Zimbabwe 1

Microphone = Zimbabwe 2

Tire = Zimbabwe 2

Scale = Bahrain

Falcon = Bahrain

Elephant = Thailand

Scorpions = Thailand

Handcuffs = Hong Kong

Bats = Hong Kong

Oar = San Francisco

Fortune Cookie = San Francisco

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, February 26, 2018 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Here are the 30th season ratings.
The Amazing Race: Spring 2018 Ratings (Season 30)

I can't tell if they are going to be renewed or not.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Exclusive: Jessica Graf and Cody Nickson talk 'The Amazing Race' (Part 2)

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-jessica-graf-and-cody-nickson-talk-the-amazing-race-%28part-2%29-23617.php

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I love them together!! loved that interview!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 11:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Nice interview. I am glad they won. Not sure how the marriage will go, but life is always a crapshoot. I would think a cyborg could become tiresome in the trenches of marriage.

Bonbonlover

07-12-2000

Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
I'm assuming no one from the Big Brother cast will be going... (laughs).

Cody Nickson: You made a good assumption there!

What about Mark and Elena? .. how quickly their BFFs get forgotten

Turtletoes

08-02-2006

Friday, March 02, 2018 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Turtletoes a private message Print Post    
They have already said in several interviews that Mark and Elana are invited.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, March 05, 2018 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Exclusive: Henry Zhang and Evan Lynyak talk 'The Amazing Race' (Part 2)

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-henry-zhang-and-evan-lynyak-talk-the-amazing-race-%28part-2%29-23638.php

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 12:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Good read, thanks, Bisc.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: