TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 23, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXX: 8th Show, Feb 21 Finale: Archive through February 23, 2018 users admin

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Henry was handsome when he took his glasses off.

Tabbyking

03-11-2002

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tabbyking a private message Print Post    
Cody and Jess will probably make it because I don't really like Jess much and I extremely disliked Rachel and Boston Rob. I like Cody, Brendan and Amber, the other "halves" of each couple, though! Seems the couples where I really don't care for one of them make it ;)

Realitytvfan

08-06-2016

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Realitytvfan a private message Print Post    
I was really happy for Jessica and Cody. I didn't care for them much on the other show but I was routing for them to win the Amazing Race. I wonder how many kids they will agree on? :-)

Govols

07-18-2005

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Govols a private message Print Post    
Thrilled for Jessica and Cody. Fun to watch.

Henry/Evan have zero chemistry.
He will cut her loose.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
funny how those that relied on luck did better than those relying on knowledge.
well everyone gets a payment for being onthe show and the top 2 will goodly amounts on money, so alls well for all of them.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Exclusive: Jessica Graf and Cody Nickson talk 'The Amazing Race' and their relationship (Part 1)

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-jessica-graf-and-cody-nickson-talk-the-amazing-race-and-their-relationship-%28part-1%29-23586.php

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't see how relying on luck was involved? Maybe I missed something.

Especially in the last task, you simply had to figure out how not to repeat symbols for countries you visited. And Jessica did exactly that. She studied throughout the race and had a good handle on the order and names of the countries as well.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
TY Bisc, that was a great interview!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
other couples that are still happy

Jeff/Jordan with baby
Dani and Dom are expecting

Mark and Elena moved in together

probably wont last but together

Nicole and Victor
Maven

66mustang

06-30-2011

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send 66mustang a private message Print Post    
I didn't think I'd like Cody/Jessica on TAR after their dismal performance on BB, but I did. I almost laughed out loud when the plane checker told Jessica that she was "ready for takeoff" and she JUMPED into his arms and gave him a huge hug with a huge smile on her face. (I probably would have done the same if I knew I was about to win a millionbux, though ...).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And Cody was telling her to get over the celebration and run!

66mustang

06-30-2011

Friday, February 23, 2018 - 1:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send 66mustang a private message Print Post    
And I'm stunned that Henry, a self-described "coder", did not figure out the simple logical way to solve the puzzle. (It involves laying the parts out in four rows and iterating through the combinations until the six needed pieces become obvious.) I suspect it would have taken me about ten minutes if I was lucky, and as long as forty minutes if I was extremely unlucky. (I can post a brief outline if anyone is interested.)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, February 23, 2018 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
(Happy that Henry didn't do that) - but assume the stress and exhaustion involved in racing around the world plays a part in how even a very intelligent person (because didn't we hear that often enough...in case you didn't know Henry and Evan are Yale graduates and are uber intelligent) can totally lose the ability to think straight...not to mention having to be harangued from the sidelines by their oh so perfect partner.

Loved it when Jess jumped in the man's arms.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, February 23, 2018 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don’t usually like to feel happy that someone lost but I have to say I got pretty tired of hearing them talk about their intellect.

Interesting 66mustang. I haven’t watched the episode yet but I’ll think about that approach when I do.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, February 23, 2018 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Isn't that ultimately what Jen did? She laid out the pieces...again, I just think the stress and exhaustion really plays a trick on the mind at the end of the game.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, February 23, 2018 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
66mustang, so cool , that makes sense. Im sure Henry wasnt thinking that clearly, esp with evan yelling at him the whole time

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, February 23, 2018 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The symbols were on two sides of the pieces, so that would make it a bit more difficult.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, February 23, 2018 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
When I said relying on luck I meant that in the combination for the briefcase, people tried number combinations because they did not recognize that the arch was washington square rather than France. so, except for one couple the others were trying different numbers and luckily the number they needed was 1.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, February 23, 2018 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, I don't think that was luck... I think it was strategy. You have two numbers, is it faster to guess the third or find it? Given the task, I think guessing was faster. It's what I would have done. It was smart! And a little luck. :-)

66mustang

06-30-2011

Friday, February 23, 2018 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send 66mustang a private message Print Post    
Re the two-sided pieces, I believe that the logos on the propellers could both be seen from the front (from the top if laid down), and the vertical stabilizer could be stood on its end so that both sides could be viewed pretty easily. Then only the bottom sides of the pair of horizontal stabilizers would have to be remembered while checking the wings for matching logos. Any wing with with a matching top could be immediately eliminated, while any wing with a non-matching top would have to be flipped before making that determination. Only two logos at a time would have to be remembered in this process.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, February 23, 2018 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, just to be clear, to be sure we're understanding the challenge the same way, a wing with a matching top might be correct - it could be the *other* matching piece that was wrong... so you wouldn't be able to just discard it.

So while I understand your explanation, it is a bit more complicated.

And they would have had to figure that out before the wings were on I think - because Jessica said they were very heavy and hard to move.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Friday, February 23, 2018 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I love that Cody and Jessica won!!!

I would have been happy had the girls won as well.
I like Henry from Team Yale but that chick is so freaking annoying-I did not want them to win.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, February 23, 2018 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Ugh that they won. Did they not have to split tasks this season? It seemed like Jess never did anything.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, February 23, 2018 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Seems like most of the singles were at the beginning, but Jessica did three in the first three episodes.

1: the zip line
2: the rope ladder on the crane (get a flag at the top)
3: the gnome challenge

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 23, 2018 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And while 1 was scary, 2 and 3 were difficult!!