TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 22, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXX: 8th Show, Feb 21 Finale: Archive through February 22, 2018 users admin

Gbcole

09-20-2011

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gbcole a private message Print Post    
Having followed them on their Instagram and Youtube, I have surmised the same thing Jag.

Will be interesting.

But I am so happy they won regardless. That they have each won 500 grand (pre-tax), hey Paul, you watching?!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 11:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, definitely not the Golden Gate Bridge, might have been one of the old spans from the Bay Bridge. When they were in the boats driving away that was the Bay Bridge all lite up. So they could have been coming from the Richmond bridge.

I missed how they got there so am not totally sure.

Turtletoes

08-02-2006

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 11:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Turtletoes a private message Print Post    
Actually they did say they were moving to Texas to live. Jessica’s lease was up in March, I believe is what she said.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 12:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
I wanted Yale to win. Camera showed that he had the right answer, but switched the tail piece before inspection.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 12:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am glad Yale made final 3.

Jess and Cody were on the news, looking very happy with her family, a viewing party including Brenden, Rachel and Adora.

Jess wants 4 kids. Cody wants 10.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 12:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yep. Not sure why he didn’t ask for more checks.

I’m so rarely happy with the winner. Ugh. Either of the other two teams would have been better. Oh well, at least they seemed like better sports than they were on big brother. And the other teams seems to like them for the most part. But still I didn’t want to see them win.

Still it was a very good season imo.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 12:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It was the Bay Bridge, for sure. They were taken by boat.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 5:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I am in shock.....the folks I wanted booted the most....won.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It seems like that final task on the USS HORNET was one of the harder final tasks we've ever seen.

I had a horrible feeling in my gut they won when he proposed to her last week, which is a shame because I like him but I despise her.

I really wanted the girls to win. They were awesome competitors. For the most part, Jody didn't run a good race and, with the exception of winning one leg, they were always in the middle to the back of the pack for most of the race. Jessica would have never made it that far without Cody. He carried her to the end- there is no denying that.

I'm surprised Team Yale had so many fans here because it seemed like no on the race liked Evan.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’m perfectly fine with them winning. I’m happy we got to see a somewhat different side of them from what we saw on BB.

Jeep

10-17-2001

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
Yeah Team Big Brother! I am glad they won. Enjoyed watching both of them this time. I really enjoyed the entire race and all the teams. I hope they have another show soon!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I do think they were cast because Julie liked Jess and it was cross promotion for two CBS shows.

The theme of the season of TAR was teams of winners in other walks of life and then they added Jess and Cody.

His fan favorite title was only due to Jessica being outside the house intensely campaigning, a split in voting for two other popular houseguests, and people signing up for free trials and voting.

But once they were stunt casted, they ran the race and they won.

He did carry the team. But that often happens and she did some difficult tasks.

Henry must have just died to see he had everything right before Jess did and they could have won it.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Idk Lexi, she handled all her tasks really well. After all she did build that plane all by herself and they weren’t even the first team to arrive.

I’m happy with outcome. I just didn’t want Even to win.

Was not a fan of either of the BB team on big brother. But these guys showed a whole other side to them. They didn’t fight or argue and got along with most teammates

Congrats to them

Marej

09-19-2002

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marej a private message Print Post    
I taped it.....did not want to see Yale win. I keep replaying the end again and again. When they arrived at the final mat didn't they figure out that they had won before Phil told them?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was a Cody fan from the start on Big Brother so Jessica campaigning for him had nothing to do with it.

I think they were the most compelling of all the couples on this year's version of Big Brother. The rest of them seemed manufactured and quite honestly I believed that Cody was totally smitten with Jessica from the start - he just does not have the ability to fake what little emotion he shows (Jessica was more of an unknown quantity). It is nice to see them still together and I am happy that they won the Race. Nobody gives you anything on the Race - you win or lose on your own combination of skill, intelligence and luck.

Govols

07-18-2005

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Govols a private message Print Post    
Thrilled for Jessica and Cody winning Amazing Race.
It paid off for her to stick by her man!
Congratulations to them!

Missyb

07-28-2004

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
I loved Cody's reaction when they hit the mat, not understanding, this was it, no more legs , you won.
And, I liked that they did not dominate but were among extremely competitive teams.
I liked that they seemed to get a long well with some teams and were not universally hated.
I liked that Jessica persevered with running, wearing scorpions, Cody's stubbornness, doing her own tasks, never fighting.
I liked that is was not an easy race and they did not come in first every leg. They had to keep fighting because they were not the best.
Good Race. Happy with them winning. Would have been satisfied with any of the F3 winning.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Wondering of Julie and CBS didn't help them to win. The whole season was so different from previous seasons.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think it was a win well deserved and earned. I would have been happy with any of the final three winning, and was glad to see Team Indie out.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
How the heck would Julie and CBS help them win? Seriously?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The only help Jess and Cody had was from Jody fans who obsessively followed them around the world, but they did everything and they won.

They were casted differently, but they raced like anyone else, and arguably better than most.

They earned it.

The look on Body's face at the end, that is just Cody.. I am sure they knew they won, but still wanted to hear it from Phil.

Jeep

10-17-2001

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
I really have to give it to Jess and Cody (and all the others as well) for doing the tasks they did in the race. I would have PAID $1 million to NOT do some of them.....scorpions, anything high and jumping into what seemed to be oblivion.

I laughed when Phil said at the end that we finally got to see Cody smile and then Cody was all teeth!

I hope they make it in real life. A few have, like Boston Rob & Amber, Brendon & Rachael. It would be nice to see them still together years from now with a bunch of kids!

Gidget

07-28-2002

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
I was stunned and clapping and crying. I read the spoilers here and assumed Jess and Cody would make at least final five. Then it was four and three. But never did I peg them for the win.

I wanted Jody, car guys and x girls as final three. Would have been happy with any of them winning. Could not stand Evan. Sad to see car guys drop and had to endure another hour of Yale. And with all the talk of Jody being favored it was a nice leg up in HK that Henry was familiar with the language.

But it all worked out in the end. And being totally surprised made it even more exciting for me.

Isn't it interesting how some contestants just trigger a reaction from us every day folks? Jody will always be loved and hated. I am in the love camp.

Hwest

07-01-2011

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hwest a private message Print Post    
I loved all the teams. They were a really competitive group. The tasks were quite difficult. Not any easy way to the end for anyone. Happy for the Jody win but would have been satisfied if any of the final 4 teams had pulled off the victory. Hope the show gets renewed.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I just want Henry to dump that Evan monstrosity. Such a virago she was, especially when he was trying to put the plane together - I felt so sorry for him. He's such a cutie and deserves someone much much nicer than that villain!