TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 21, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXX: 8th Show, Feb 21 Finale: Archive through February 21, 2018 users admin

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
2hr show starts @ 9pm

"It's Just a Million Dollars, No Pressure"

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I'm rooting for BB Cody & Jessica.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I am really liking Yale!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
8:59 p.m. – “Previously, on ‘The Amazing Race’!” In last week’s 9th and 10th episodes Lucas and Brittany (Team Ocean Rescue) were eliminated in the first hour after losing their passport. Then in the second hour Henry and Evan came in last place, but they were saved because it happened to be a non-elimination leg. Tonight’s Season 30 finale finds the remaining teams traveling to Hong Kong and then San Francisco, where the finish line awaits.

9:15 p.m. – The final four teams are leaving Thailand for Hong Kong. Once there, they must find a photographer’s kiosk for their next clue. Team Extreme had some bad luck with a taxi and is off to a rough start. Meanwhile, Team IndyCar were the first to arrive, followed by Team Big Brother. Team Yale were forced to complete their Speed Bump: illuminating and hanging 40 Chinese lanterns. Team Extreme finally arrived and caught up to the competition. Team Yale has one advantage: a beast of a taxi driver who appears to want to spend his entire night driving them around.

9:20 p.m. – At the Detour, teams have two options. One is to wrangle a basket full of 50 “hairy crabs” in typhoon-like conditions. The second option is to take a food order in Cantonese at a restaurant and then relay that message to their partner in the kitchen. When the diner gets their correct order, the task is complete. Teams IndyCar, Big Brother and Team Extreme headed for the crabs! Apparently the crabs were vicious and Team IndyCar decided to bounce for the other Detour, not willing to risk their fingers for the win.

9:30 p.m. – Team Yale is headed to the restaurant challenge as well, which could prove beneficial because Henry speaks Mandarin and is familiar with Cantonese. Henry and Conor are now both taking orders in Cantonese and Conor is furious because he doesn’t understand anything. Back on the boat, things aren’t much better while Jessica loses morale but Cody is in cyborg mode and continues to push forward. Miraculously, Team Yale fought through a speed bump to finish the Detour in first place!

9:35 p.m. – Team Yale was the first to reach the Road Block. In “Rage Art,” teams use a bat to break old electronics until they find two clues. This looks so fun! Team IndyCar arrived soon after but Yale continued their hot streak and were the first to get their next clue. Team Big Brother finally arrived and Cody went maniacal on those used electronics. Team Extreme arrived in last place.

9:45 p.m. – Team Extreme and Team Big Brother are upset because they are competing for third place and feel terrible their best friends in the race could be eliminated next. Meanwhile, the other teams are decoding street signs in order to figure out a combination to a locked safe that contains their clue to the next Pit Stop. Both teams seem totally confused as they walk through the chaotic city. Finally, both Big Brother and Team Extreme are headed to the decoding challenge as well. Not surprisingly, Team Yale was the first to figure out their combination and are headed to the Pit Stop. The last team to arrive WILL be eliminated.

9:50 p.m. – Kristi and Jen were the last to arrive at the challenge, but seem to understand it better than Team IndyCar or Big Brother. They decide not to help them because it is a do or die situation. But eventually Cody and Jessica figure it out on their own and head towards the Pit Stop. It looks like either the IndyCar drivers or Team Extreme will come up short.

10:00 p.m. – Henry and Evan (Team Yale) were the first team to finish this leg. They become just the third team in history to complete a Speed Bump and win the leg. All of this after the other three teams continually downplayed them as the worst team remaining. Cody and Jessica arrived next, but all of the excitement was lost when they realized either the IndyCar Drivers or Team Extreme would be eliminated. Kristi and Jen were, indeed, the third team to arrive. They were shocked to learn they weren’t last. Alex and Conor have been eliminated from the race.

http://www.goldderby.com/article/2018/the-amazing-race-30-finale-recap-winners-jessica-cody-kristi-jen-news/

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
10:15 p.m. – The final three teams have reached San Francisco, where they will complete the race for $1 million. They’re searching for a statue at AT&T Park that holds their next clue. Cody and Jessica reached it first, where they learned they would have to search through hundreds of baseballs (floating in a cove) to find the ones with correct numbers. While running, Cody suffered an ankle twist. Now, all of the teams are in kayaks looking for their balls. Team Extreme was the only team smart enough to figure out which numbers they were searching for before they hopped in their boat. Team Extreme finished first, followed by Team Big Brother and Team Yale.

10:20 p.m. – At the Road Block, teams must pull themselves up 200 feet before free-falling into a pitch black abyss. Rad!!! Cody, Kristi and Evan will be the three competing in this task. Cody was the first to reach the top of the climb, but Kristi nearly caught him. They then plunged into the creepiest looking bungee jump I’ve ever seen.

10:30 p.m. – Cody and Jessica are headed to the next destination, followed closely by Kristi and Jen. Henry and Evan are at least 10 minutes behind. For their next challenge, teams have to make 102 perfect fortune cookies. Did you know fortune cookies were invented in San Francisco? I didn’t! Anyways, Team Big Brother and Team Extreme are dead even. Wow! This is nail-biter. Kristi looks like she’s been making fortune cookies her whole life. Team Extreme were the first to complete the task and took the lead! Jessica is terrible at this competition but Cody is miraculously holding his composure. Finally, they finish but can’t find a taxi. Drama! Now Team Yale has passed Big Brother as well.

http://www.goldderby.com/article/2018/the-amazing-race-30-finale-recap-winners-jessica-cody-kristi-jen-news/

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh goodness this is getting interesting. I wish I would have known when they were in SF, I might have gone over to watch something....If I could find them.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
ANyone who is watching....I assume that the fortune cookie event was in Chinatown, does anyone know where they did the bungee jumping?

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the spoilers Dipo! They have been awesome. To get a live stream from CBS you have to pay for all access, and I'm not doing that.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
My favorites win, that almost never happens for me in reality TV.

Gbcole

09-20-2011

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gbcole a private message Print Post    
OMG, Jessica and Cody won!!!!

What were the odds?!!!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Oh pupu....soo disappointed in the ending.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
I was rooting for either Team Extreme or team BB. While I think the girls were better racers the entire race, you just never know. Cody and Jess grinder and grinder and came out on top. No wonder he was able to get a nice ring. Congrats.

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
What a thrilling finale! That plane task at the end was one of the hardest I recall, and I enjoyed how Jessica took her time and completed it against two exceptional competitors. Congrats to all three teams that went to the end.

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
I didn't like Jess and Cody in Big Brother but I liked them a lot in TAR! Very happy with the outcome. But then again, I liked all three finalists.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Ugh. Cody and Jessica won.

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
Dipo...just saw your question. I looked like the bungee jump was inside the bridge - - was that the Golden Gate?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
10:45 p.m. – Cody and Jessica finally found a taxi and are headed to the USS Hornet in third place. Kristi and Jen were the first to get their next clue. This is the final task! Teams must build a plane, after searching the Hornet for 12 parts spread out over 1,000 compartments. It is the season’s most excruciating test of physical endurance and mental strength. All of the teams are searching for parts, but who will be able to most quickly assemble the plane? It took over an hour for Team Big Brother and Team Extreme to find the parts! Now Jen and Jessica have to assemble the plane themselves because Kristi and Cody completed the last task. Finally, Team Yale shows up with Henry ready to assemble. Can he pass up the women for the win?

10:59 p.m. – All of the teams were frustrated after failing to properly assemble their planes multiple times. Putting even more pressure on them was the finish line just mere feet away. Finally, after nearly two and a half hours of attempts, the pieces finally came together for Jessica! After pushing her plane to it’s proper destination, Cody and Jessica won “The Amazing Race”! Quite a redemption from their “Big Brother” debacle. Cody was the workhorse but Jessica was the foundation for his strength. Next, Henry completed the task, giving Team Yale second place. A tearful Jen and Kristi placed third. Props to Jessica for pulling that off, I thought for sure she would crumble. Congrats to Jess and Cody, the Season 30 champs!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Im shocked, spoilers said they were 3rd since last year! so happy Jess did the last task. So many haters said she didnt pull her weight. she and cody are a great team. I really hope they have many many happy years together!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Disappointed with the winner but I figured that was how he could afford the ring and now that he has money Jessica will be happy, so was prepared!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sassyza, I won't see the show/ending for a couple of hours, will try to remember to flip over and see which bridge it is.

I can't even imagine them being allowed to jump from any of the bridges, maybe the Richmond, but not the golden gate.

Ok, I set an alarm to remind me to go over and check it out, LOL.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Cody & Jessica bonded on BB. They secured their bond on AR. I'm happy they won the $$. I guess now CBS will pay for a televised wedding if they agree. I will watch! Heck, they may even get their own reality show out of this. I wish them a happy life together!

Gbcole

09-20-2011

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gbcole a private message Print Post    
Jess and Cody threw me off from their win because Cody (on their youtube channel) said they'd probably rent for a while in Texas because he didn't have a good credit score. I was thinking, with a million dollars you can buy a place w/out a good credit score. I was sure they didn't win after hearing that.

I disliked Paul so much this past BB season that I think that's why I have liked Jess and Cody because no one else I know (in my immediate circle) did. For them to come back from BB to win The Amazing Race thrills me!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Dammit, only one team I didn't want to win, and they won.

I had a funny feeling last month that they won (and even posted so) when I saw they were both filming another ep of "Bold and Beautiful". I didn't think they would be getting to be on another ep if they had lost.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yep Naja between that and the engagement I figured as much as well.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Don’t forget the taxes out of the $1M Uncle Sam will take. I think they get about $640K and that doesn’t go too far now adays. And I’m sure she doesn’t want to live in TX.