TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Crock Pot Cooking

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: tack Cooking Corner: Crock Pot Cooking users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through November 14, 2010Countrydaze25 11-14-10  6:20 pm
Archive through January 01, 2011Yankee_in_ca25 01-01-11  3:32 pm
Archive through May 11, 2011Texannie25 05-11-11  2:38 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Serate

08-21-2001

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
I don't like ANY kind of wilted leaves. it's all slimy to me. *shudder*

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
LOL
then you probably wouldn't like my cabbage that I saute in butter, olive oil, tony's and sesame seeds.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
By the way, the sweet potatoes done in the crockpot are even better than the regular baked potatoes.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It never occured to me to put a potato in foil and bake it in the crock pot. I'd be afraid the house would burn down! It's just two of us, so I buy those sweet potatoes that are shrink wrapped and are for the microwave. We can easily split one.

I hate, hate, hate cooking, but I need to try the crock pot again now that DD is older. We are just both such picky eaters.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It made me nervous too the first time but they turned out really well. I love sweet potatoes so I'm happy to have found this solution.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Crockpot Meatloaf

Ingredients
• 2 to 2 1/2 lbs. ground chuck
• 1 can tomato soup, divided
• 1 egg, slightly beaten
• 1 C. crushed Ritz crackers
• 2 Tbs. honey
• 1 Tbs. plus 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, divided
• 2 Tbs. dried minced onions
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1/4 tsp. pepper
• 1/2 C. water
• 2 tsp. prepared mustard
• 2 Tbs. brown sugar
Directions
Combine ground chuck with half of the tomato soup, egg, crackers, honey, 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, onions, salt, and pepper. Mix well and form into a ball. Place a crinkled length of aluminum foil in the crockpot so the ends extend an inch or so out of the pot. Place the meatloaf in the pot (the foil will make it easier to lift the meatloaf out and keep it out of the drippings). Combine remaining soup, 1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce, the water, mustard, and brown sugar. Whisk together and pour over the meat loaf. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Serves 4 to 6.

Serate

08-21-2001

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
sounds yummy Roxip thanks for posting!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Now if I can just get around to cooking it...LOL!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
My next recipe to try...(it only has 4 ingredients...that makes it exciting for me!)

Parmesan Crusted Chicken

1/2 cup Hellmans Mayo (lite of desired)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 tsp Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 425.
Combine mayo with cheese in medium bowl. Arrange chicken on baking sheet. Evenly top with mayo mixture, then sprinkle with bread crumbs.

Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.

If you want to use thin-cut boneless skinless chicken breasts prepare as above, decreasing bake time to 10 minutes (or until chicken is cut).

LOL...Dale Jr. (Earnhardt) talks about this recipe on a commercial.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
I tried that recipe Roxip. It came out ok, but I either used too much breadcrumbs, or the breadcrumbs I used were too fine. It came out kinda dense. Oh, and in observation of the thread we're in, I didn't cook it in the crock pot. LOL.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Oops, sorry, wrong thread!

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I've used sour cream to coat the chicken, then crushed up Cheezit crackers instead of using cheese and breadcrumbs. The chicken is so moist you'll swear it's undercooked! YuM!

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I found this recipe the other day and was wondering if anyone had ever tried it...I have not...but it looks interesting'
Crock pot lasagna
http://www.creatingthroughlife.com/2011/10/crock-pot-lasagna.html

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
(of course I would not use the ground beef) but I could think of alot of nice veggies that would work just fine...

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I haven't personally made the crockpot lasagne but know of a woman who made a Weight Watcher recipe for crockpot lasagne and got rave reviews.

Thanks Hukd for the suggestions. Now I'm almost hungry!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think it looks good, but I would use tomato sauce with no sugar added, whole grain noodles and low fat ricotta cheese, along with the veggies you mentioned. :-)

Jewels

09-22-2000

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
I have made crockpot lasagna before, it was great! Just make sure that the top layer has lots of sauce because the noodles on the top tend to dry out. Watch it during the day, if you can. :-)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Super easy, really good...

large pork roast
1 can beef broth
1 can french onion soup
1 bottle honey mustard barbeque sauce

Put roast (approx 4 pounds) in crockpot, pour broth and soup over it and cook for about 8-10 hours. Remove roast and liquid from crockpot, put roast back in crockpot and shred with forks, put 2 ladlefuls of juice and 1/2 bottle (or more if you prefer) of barbeque sauce over meat and mix it all together. Let warm. Serve over hamburger buns.

I used a 2-1/2 pound pork roast and quite honestly it was almost too "wet" - if you are using a smaller roast maybe it might be better to adjust amount of liquid you add. Also, I'm going to try a beef roast next time simply because I prefer the texture. But it made great sandwiches.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, November 18, 2019 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’m sure many of you have tried The Mississippi pot roast. I cook mine in a crock pot. Just salt and pepper the roast and sprinkle it with a pkg of ranch dressing mix and a pkg of dry au jus mix ( I’ve used a little onion soup mix instead when I couldn’t find au jus) Put a stick of butter on top and slices of pepperoncini peppers all over it. Cook on low for 8 hours. Yum.
I don’t ever use an entire stick of butter,I use half a stick and those peppers are key.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, November 18, 2019 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the recipe. I'm going to have to try it. Every time he comes out to visit he has to have pot toast. He makes it and I don't care for it. Maybe this will do the trick. The hard part will be finding those peppers.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, November 18, 2019 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
They are in a jar in the pickles and olive section of the grocery store. This is another southern recipe like cornbread dressing.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, November 18, 2019 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Thanks. I was thinking you had to use fresh ones.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Monday, November 18, 2019 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I don't usually like pot roast, but Lakecat's recipe makes it so tender and delicious. My only complaint is that it's quite salty.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 4:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
That's something to consider. The meat needs the salt and pepper to flavor it. I wonder if the packaged mixes come in low sodium packs. The only thing left are the peppers. I wonder if I found fresh ones, I could pickle them quick with some rice vinegar.

I'm going grocery shopping today to get the ingredients to have on hand for next time my friend wants pot roast. He can buy the roast. It may take time to even find the packets with the lousy stores around here. I refuse to go to Stop and Shop because it's to large, crowded and I detest their parking lot. It's also out of the way. I hope I don't have to end up there.

If I must suffer through pot roast, I might as well have fun with it and try new recipes to give me some interest in it. :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Onion soup comes in low salt versions.

I've never used pepperocinis, doesn't sound like something I would like.

But I taught my son how to make pot roast in his crock pot, and he loves it with just onion soup mix.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I don't eat the peppers but they give it a good flavor, Karuuna. I use whole peppers and just put 3 or 4 on top of the roast.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Kar mix mushroom soup with the onion soup mix it makes a delicious gravy.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: