TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The Walking Dead: World Beyond (spino...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: The Walking Dead: World Beyond (spinoff) users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through November 22, 2020Kitt25 11-22-20  10:58 pm
Archive through December 06, 2021Kitt25 12-06-21  8:33 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, December 06, 2021 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
The Dr Jenner kept referring to "the other Dr Jenner" his wife. The problem that they didn't have fresh or new "samples", but were going to get some soon. Then some other reference to how the French were far ahead of his research. A reference to something that was too long and complicated for me to repeat but basically it was about bringing the dead back, or reanimated. That's essentially what the woman doctor was doing at the CRM.

In the original episode with the CDC and Rick, Dr Jenner referred to it started in France and that the French stuck it out and stayed in their labs as opposed to the Americans.

Back to the lab in the final episode of World Beyond... The guy tells the woman doctor that they (the french woman and the other French doctors) started it. So appears that Dr Jenner and his wife were in contact with the French doctors before he died. Dr Jenner also mentioned "variant cohorts" the French doctors had discovered or created not sure.

The other pertinent part would be that the French guy shot the French doctor in the head. Normally that would keep her from becoming a walker. But she reanimated within a very short time becoming a walker like none we have seen before. She literally ran to the door and started pounding on it with strength we have not seen from other walkers. Since the French guy locked the door I'm assuming that he knew that was going to happen?

This points to a new type of Walker. Not the slow moving, meandering kind we've had before that could be simply shot or stabbed in the head in order to kill it

Well it's killing ME that we have to wait till February to see the next episode! LOL

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 06, 2021 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, and she was screaming, not the usual growling too, definitely another strain, and one the killer doctor knew would happen. As Jenner spoke about the cohorts back at the very start, early 2010, before it became so widespread, do they mean France has had the super-walkers all this time (I'm assuming the France scenes were in the same timeline as the WB scenes, so 2020)? If so you'd think France and mainland Europe would be completely gone, as few enough withstand the regular speed walkers.

I don't think we'll see more about this in this season of TWD, I think it's setting us up for the movies, and as far as I know they still haven't started production on even the first.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, December 06, 2021 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Well it's killing ME that we have to wait till February to see the next episode! LOL"

Are you referring to "TWD" or "TWD-World Beyond"?

As I understood it, episode 10 was the series finale of TWD-World Beyond. There will be no new episode in Feb for this spinoff.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, December 06, 2021 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
On the Talking Dead, Chris read a statement from Scott Gimpel that hinted at the new walker 2.0 that was revealed in the post credit scene. From the way he worded it, sounded like it was going to be in Fear The Walking Dead? He hints at not seeing the last of the characters from the World Beyond. He also says that we would go to places and with some people that we would never expect. He could be referring to either Rick or Madison. But I'm going to guess he might be referring to Fear The Walking Dead which returns in April as opposed to The Walking Dead which returns in February?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 06, 2021 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
These are my transcriptions from using the subtitles (from DirecTV for Jenner, and then the French to English ones that appeared on screen for the French parts).

Jenner's video message:

"The problem as I see it is that the samples we have simply aren’t fresh, there’s just too many variables involved in how the clock affects them and even after a few minutes we can’t get an accurate picture of the biology involved, at least from the start. We’ve obviously have seen the end, again and again. Still we will have fresh samples soon, that’s a certainty.

In brighter news, I reviewed the latest data on your side, and the use of cardiac plaques as a host medium for steroidal therapies to jump start the circulatory system in the hopes of short-circuiting the brain or perhaps regaining function to cause nerve confusion is a fascinating approach and we are all anxiously awaiting anything that comes back from your first trial. We all have to work together here. Solidarity right?

Fact of the matter is we only have so many supplies left, we’re not getting any more so everything counts that much more, every collection, every test. I almost broke a petri dish yesterday and almost put my fist through the wall. Glad the other Dr Jenner stopped me. The infirmary is closed, sealed actually, we’ve been venturing out for the basics, the other Dr Jenner has gotten pretty damn good at it.

But getting back to the data, the idea of activating systems to work against reanimation is a promising idea, but as we’ve discussed, the systems themselves have to be studied to see exactly how they’re working or not working. For example can we build up acids in bodies that don’t have blood flow? Of course that gets right back to that idea of jumpstarting the circulatory systems. We need to do two things simultaneously: observe this and attack this.

I want to know more about these “variant cohorts” you referred to in our last communication. We haven’t seen anything like that here at all, nothing close.

I hope this finds you as well as you can be, I hope you don’t lose faith. The day will come when we are going to beat this thing, at least that’s what the other Dr Jenner keeps telling me, and as you know, she’s smarter than me."

The woman scientist and male shooter:

Man: Are you one of the doctors?
Woman: Yes
M: You’ve been running and hiding all this time
W: Yes
M: Are you a member of the Primrose team
W: No, Violet.
M: Where is the Primrose team? Where did they go?
W: They weren’t here when it happened, when you all did what you did. They were at the conference. In Toledo.
M: Spain?
W: Ohio, America. I hoped against hope that they were here, that somehow they came back, and that they were still working, and that they were close.
M: Why would you come back?
W: I was tired of running, and I had that hope against hope. And I had to try. If they were to return here to their work they might end all of this, even after all this time.
M: They should be dead. If they aren’t and they somehow come back like you we won’t jail them like the others, we’ll kill them. End this? You started this. All the teams. Then you made it worse.

Seems to me like the French may have started the zombie apocalypse!!! And made some sort of super-walkers!!!

The lab there was "La Biomedicine DDMI," I didn't have much luck working out what DDMI is - few options in English but I couldn't easily find anything in French. It could be where it all started (which is what the gunman accuses them of, "you started this") or could just be where they investigated it.

We know from the TWD episode at the CDC that they were in contact with a team in France. They had told him that they were using "cardiac plaques as a host medium for steroidal therapies to jump start the circulatory system in the hopes of short-circuiting the brain or perhaps regaining function to cause nerve confusion." So they're taking walkers, and doing something to jump start their circulation. They hope that would short circuit the brain and mess up the nerves, but maybe the side effect was these superwalkers.

And then "activating systems to work against reanimation." That sounds counterintuitive! Perhaps the idea is if they can get a system to work properly, it can't be taken over to work as a walker?? But definitely also sounds like a great way to make a heard of superwalkers.

Good job no variant cohorts in the US... but that helps back up that it's what the French teams did that started that variant.

Also to note is the Primrose team were in Ohio when it happened. So lots of French scientists at a conference presumably, and they wouldn't have been able to get back to France. Might play into the movies. Or the Commonwealth is meant to be in Ohio, not sure if that is connected.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, December 06, 2021 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Sanfran I was writing while you were posting...

Yes the world Beyond has ended but as I said Scott gimple has said that we have not seen the last of the characters from that series. Assuming they're going to incorporate some of them in either Fear The Walking Dead or The Walking Dead. Which return in April and February respectively

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 06, 2021 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Since, the Fear timeline is back in 2013 I don't think there can be superwalkers there. I think he meant the movies or perhaps they will end up in TWD as it gets towards the end.

I thought originally the World Beyond was meant to lead into the Rick movies, the last of which was meant to happen before or during the final season of TWD, to kind of merge the ending. But as the timing was all messed up because of covid maybe stories from the movies might have to be in TWD.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, December 06, 2021 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Kitt yes in fact the initials DDMI here stands for Deputy Director of Military Intelligence. No one so far has been able to find a reference to what that could mean in France.

But somebody pointed out that the French guy at one point said "here" as referencing they were in a lab in the United States. I haven't had time to go back and listen to find out if that's true. But that would explain the acronym in English?

Clearly it's something we're going to have to go over and listen to many times and dissect LOL and heck we have plenty of time!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 06, 2021 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
One other use of DDMI is developmentally disabled and mentally ill, but the French translation wouldn't have the DDMI initials. Hard to know if that was an oversight by US writers or not, could be.

I liked that option because if they were working on a way to supplement brain function in disabled people it sounds like a reasonable way to create a zombie.

If the lab was in France - which the lab name and the French writing, French computer operating system would suggest - then "here" is France?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, December 06, 2021 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Kitt yes from everything I've read over the years..covid did indeed mess up a lot of the timelines and things that they had planned.

I guess it all depends where they're going to bring Jadis's back on. Theoretically she could return to both The Walking Dead and Fear The Walking Dead... Whichever one she returns on would be the one I would assume that the super walkers will be seen? But who knows? I am also assuming that Fear The Walking Dead at some point will merge with The Walking Dead, and we will have only one show from those three. Maybe they'll start a fourth new show. Because apparently we can't have just one Walking Dead show lol

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 06, 2021 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I keep expecting them to announce that Fear will end. Maybe the new season they've just announced (S8) will be the last. It has been pretty rough viewing these last couple of seasons. Seems like a travesty if the main show goes but that continues.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 06, 2021 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Found a clip of the Scott Gimple statement:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6HjqcTQs2Q

"The coda after World Beyond had everything to do with the past and future of the Walking Dead Universe. There is another big story that will be told relating to that scene and we can't wait to start showing it to the world. The Universe is unfolding and to that end hopefully this is not the last we've seen of the characters from World Beyond or of Jadis, this is a big story and in some ways it's just starting."

I reckon they're going to pitch a new series to continue with the new timing of the Rick movies.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, December 06, 2021 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I think.... That they're going to get the favorite characters from the World Beyond... Bring them back in some capacity.. perhaps to Fear. Then only have the original Walking Dead. With maybe an extra character that survived from the other two? Jadis seems to fit that bill... And Rick does owe her his life. I can see a future storyline there.

I also think... Madison is being brought back on Fear for the next season, which will be the finale of Fear.

But then again, nobody can predict anything with this series.l!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, December 06, 2021 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Oh wow... I just thought of something. Which side will Madison be on? Strand was her dear friend. Alicia has declared war on Strand.

So will Madison fight with her daughter... Or against? Or will she unite the two???

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 06, 2021 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think she'll unite the two, unless Strand wants to leave the show, as I don't think she would turn on her daughter.

Thinking about the timelines... FEAR being in 2013 is actually the only show that can be brought into the Rick movies, if the movies are going to fill in the gap between when Rick was taken (also 2013) and the "present" (2020-2021) on the main shows. BUT they'd have to catch up in time to actually use the World Beyond cast (other than Jadis, obviously - but in "flashback" compared to the WB story) as WB was definitely set in 2020.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, December 06, 2021 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes that would be what we would expect. For Madison to unite the two. But WD has a way of going completely opposite of what we expect...or want. So I'm allowing for anything. The tidbit we got that Alicia might be infected and fighting it off... She might go Walker 2.0 crazy and Madison and Strand will have to off her.

Oh and I'm still upset they got rid of John Dory who was probably one of my favorite characters

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: