TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 06, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: The Walking Dead: World Beyond (spinoff): Archive through December 06, 2021 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, November 23, 2020 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Felix (Nico Tortorella) is so much fun! They're a hoot!

Not so much on "The Walking Dead: World Beyond" where they do drama very well but they were a real hoot on "RuPaul's Secret Celebrity Drag Race".

dragrace
image from: link

They do a mean Lucille Ball, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKULoUYd-vw

I'm using "they" and "them" because they prefer it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIeP0_q3skA

Here's a link to a bunch of youtube of clips of Nico on the show: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nico+tortorella+drag+race

------

Apparently my gaydar was broken when I watched TWD:WB. I only looked them up and discovered this lovely, lurid side of them because Felix is a gay character on TWD:WB. When I see a gay character on a show I often look 'em them up on the google just to see if they are IRL. Boy, was I surprised at what I found when I looked up Nico!

He is absolutely Mahvelous!
applause

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, November 23, 2020 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, He had such a blast doing that show! I wanted him to win!

you should watch him on Younger, that show is adorable

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, November 24, 2020 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I looked them up too, because of a certain physical attribute that made me double take. There was an errrm lack of something in some of the trouser shots in the first few episodes, not that's I'd EVER look at such a thing, and it looked like they, well, tucked.

Having looked them up online, I was stunned to find out it might actually be what it looked like... or maybe just unfortunate lighting, who knows! Definitely an unusual guy. I do like a bit of fabulous.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, November 24, 2020 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I think it was just unfortunate lighting. I googled "Nico Tortorella speedo" and discovered that different lighting makes a difference!

LINK to Nico in a speedo

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, November 24, 2020 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That is a very... helpful... link, lol, thank you!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, November 29, 2020 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Two episode Season 1 finale tonight, 9-11.24pm.

No Talking Dead (on tv) that I can see, definitely not tonight, and I don't see it later this week.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, November 29, 2020 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I have such a hard time getting into this. I still have 2 eps from last 2 wks. I may just skip and just watch the finale.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, November 29, 2020 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The last four episodes have been much better than the early ones, and this finale was pretty good. I'd stick it out and watch all of them if I were you. Quite a few twists in those episodes.

Talking Dead is on... for me it airs 1.45am Saturday morning. I guess it's not getting many views so they don't even bother to put it at a reasonable hour.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, November 30, 2020 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I will Kitt :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, September 02, 2021 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Pamy, did you ever finish Season 1?

Here is the trailer for the second and final season of WB:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn-ZlNaL_5k

stay tuned until the very end and you might recognise someone...

Season 2 starts October 3rd, which seemed like ages away but is actually just one month.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, September 02, 2021 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
no, I gave up. I just didnt care about any of the characters

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, September 02, 2021 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Awwww, it did pick up at the end with some good CRM info, but I understand it wasn't a great start.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, September 02, 2021 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
maybe I will watch the start of next season and see if I like it

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, September 22, 2021 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I posted a long timeline of Season 1 in the timelines thread, but for Pamy or anyone who might want to try again (now the teen angst is mostly over), or who just wants a summary... here's what happened and where we left off at the end of S1.

There's an "Alliance of Three" working together, which is bases at Portland, Omaha, and the Civic Republic, thought to be based in NY. The show was based on a group at a Nebraska SU Campus, south of Omaha.

Don't know much about Portland, except that there is some research on walkers going on there, with Dr Belshaw leading. We don't know much about Omaha. The Campus Colony had about 10,000 people there. The CRM seems to be the military part of it, and is headed by Lt Col Elizabeth Kublik.

The zombie apocalypse got bad in the area on "The Day the Sky Fell," when a plane crashed just outside campus, people died and starting eating each other.

Iris (studious one) and Hope (wild one) were adopted together as babies by the Bennetts. Dr Leo Bennett was a researcher. Mrs Bennett was killed during the Fall, shot by Elton's mother.

Elton (corduroy suit guy)'s parents were both killed during the fall. His mother shot Mrs Bennett, and in the shock Hope shot Elton's mum, who was pregnant at the time. Elton's dad was eaten elsewhere.

Silas (big guy) lived with his abusive father and scared mother in Omaha. One day his dad abused him and his mother so bad that he beat him back, and killed him. Silas hid, then when his mother came home, walker-dad killed her. Silas was sent to the Campus Colony for a new start.

Felix was one of Dr Leo's Bennett's security staff at the Campus Colony, along with his boyfriend Will. About a year before the main story, Leo was needed at the CRM to do more research, but told Felix he wanted him to stay at the campus to look after his daughters. Felix felt he should go with Leo to protect him, but Will says he will go with Leo instead.

Also within the last year, Jennifer/"Huck" was sent by her mother, LtCol Elizabeth, to bring Hope to the CRM so Elizabeth could more easily control Dr Leo, and to use Hope's talents. She had to have Hope make the 1100 mile journey on foot, so that Hope could experience and understand the world she was protecting(!).

Elizabeth sends messages to the girls at the campus, that they think are from the father. This manipulates them into wanting to find him, and on a visit to the Colony, she gives the girls a map to where their father is, as a supposed show of trust. Iris makes a speech at the 10 year anniversary of the Fall, saying she doesn't trust Elizabeth or the CRM.

The girls leave the Campus with Elton and Silas, to try to get to Dr Leo in NY. Felix and Huck follow soon after. Not long after they leave, Elizabeth has the Campus Colony (and everyone left in it) destroyed, as they were a threat.

Felix and Huck catch up, everyone travels together, picking up Percy (a kid surviving as a conman) and his Uncle Tony on the way. Huck kills Tony and shoots Percy - who then runs off - as they were going to drive the girls to NY, meaning they would miss the experience of walking/surviving. The group think Silas had another attack of rage and killed them.

Silas leaves them, to protect them (he can't remember what happened and thinks he must have done it). Elton doesn't want him to be alone so follows. They eventually find Percy, who tells them Huck shot him and killed his uncle, and they try to follow the girls to warn them. On the way, Silas gets caught by the CRM and taken away.

Felix, Huck and the girls continue on. Huck purposely crashes the truck they were in, and cuts Felix's ankle, so as to be alone with Hope. Hope finds some notes of Huck's (and some other things happen), realises Huck wants her but the others are "expendable," so makes excuses with Huck for them to sneak off one night. After they've gone, Felix and Iris realise what must have happened, and try to catch up.

Huck walks Hope to the meeting site she's arranged. She tells Hope there's no point running, the CRM would just send someone else after her, but she tried not to hurt anyone. Says the plan is to make sure no one's gifts are wasted, the CRM need her to bring the world back.

That night Felix and Iris catch up, Felix and Huck fight, but they decide the safest option is for Hope to go with Huck. In the morning, a helicopter with LtCol Elizabeth comes to take Huck and Hope away, and Elizabeth tells her people to tie up the "loose ends."

Meanwhile:
. Elton and Percy are still walking along the same route the girls had been on
. Dr Belshaw, a true believer who turns out to be Dr Leo's current girlfriend, is considering happily telling him that Hope's on her way, but stops when Dr Leo confides in her that he's suspicious of the CRM's motives and methods
. Felix and Hope continue to walk towards NY, and in the woods find Felix's boyfriend Will and some others running from soldiers. They had escaped from the CRM, Will said he thought they were all dead.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, September 22, 2021 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kitt, this is wonderful!! I may give it a 2nd chance, ty for catching us up!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, September 22, 2021 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You're very welcome! :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 05, 2021 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've just rewatched the premiere, and some of the background info was quite interesting (also confusing), but easy to miss if you're not keen on rewinding sections to hear again.

Something seems to have happened at Omaha before the show began (i.e. before S1E1). Col Elizabeth and her team are seen blowing up one of the walls outside Omaha as a herd come in, to wipe out the colony, but her Lt tells her that Portland and the Campus Colony had been concerned about the communications break. Surely that means something had happened to Omaha before this??? I'm not sure if we're meant to conclude that the heads there had decided to break with the CRM for some reason, or if the CRM assumed Omaha had been attacked, didn't want the ~drama~ of protecting it, so decided to just wipe it out instead.

The other thing which I presume they will get back to is the Delta Team. When Elizabeth and the Lt are watching from the hilltop a CRM military man crawls up, Elizth says he must be the Delta Team escapee, and tells the Lt to kill him. And did the man have radiation burns or just burns from an explosion?? I wonder if "escapee" means the team were sent to find something out about the comms blackout in Omaha, they reported back, Elizabeth didn't like it, so took the Team out instead so they couldn't tell anyone else (which is when this guy escaped), then hatched the plan to wipe out the entire colony.

And what made it more confusing was that Will told Felix that he'd noticed the comms blackout from Omaha (and raised it as a concern - which was why they took them out into the woods to kill them) but he seemed to be talking about the blackout that came from after Elizabeth set the walker herd on the city.

Thinking about it, he did give a bit of exposition about the CRM controlling all communication in & out, so perhaps Will was talking about the original/same blackout as the one reported by Portland.

Hopefully they'll tell us what they meant.

Also - hoho - let's hope Rick wasn't at the Omaha colony!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, October 15, 2021 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Watching the episode again, which I always have to do to catch some of the fast moving words, I noticed some interesting info on what the CRM have been doing. Noting them here for... notes.

• Silas was put with some other teens clearing walkers. There are six sites like that, each working on different methods of mass culling, trying to work out how effective each is. (Silas's team attract walkers into a big muddy feed, so they get trapped, then kill them.) They need to get rid of most of the walkers in the area before they feel safe enough to spread and rebuild.

• Dr Belshaw showed Hope a video Leo makes for visitors to the lab. In it Leo said they'd created a way of looking at brain activity in walkers, and attached it to some and sent them back out, and were tracking them (the one of these walkers they showed was labelled B-04... are these the Bs Jadis sent??). They are also looking at various fungi and bacteria, seeing if they can find a way to accelerate the decay of walkers, or even stop reanimation, as once walkers are less of a problem they will be able to rebuild.

• In season 1, a doctor (Dr Abbott) was shown as a test subject in Dr Belshaw's lab. This week, Elizabeth and Belshaw spoke about "pre-mortem" test subjects, and it seemed like perhaps Dr Abbott might have volunteered or been forced to be a test subject while alive, it wasn't just an accident he got infected, like I assumed. Since Dr Abbot was A-402... are these Jadis' As??

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, November 08, 2021 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This show has been so good the last couple of episodes! Both Lyla and Jadis did some quite amaing acting this episode.

I transcribed the conversation between Jadis and Huck, as it might be relevant later for Rick. Plus it was interesting hearing about her intentional ideas back at the Junkheap to give them a language to make them feel a team.

Jadis: We never talked about what I did to get into the Civic Republic, six years ago now

Huck: I know you were a rescue.

Jadis: I was living by my wits in the wilderness. Created a little society quite quickly. Here’s a tip: if you want to create a civilization from scratch in a hurry give them their own language. Give them a little theatre, to share in, they’ll make that theatre real, it will bond them. Separate from everyone else.

Huck: So you were ambitious, even as a survivor

Jadis: I was, but I loved my people. I lost them because I made the wrong alliances. And after, I had an opportunity, and I created a ticket to get into the Civic Republic, I gave the CRM something very valuable, and I got a new life. For the first time in years I had safety, but my purpose was gone. ‘Til I realized that it wasn’t, it had just expanded. My purpose was still to survive, and I had gotten good at it with everything that I’d been through.

Huck: You’re still an ambitious survivor. Moving up.

Jadis: Oh it’s not just about moving up. I know that the Civic Republic IS the last light of the world and my purpose is to create a new era on this planet. It’s your purpose too.

H: It is. The way you keep saying it makes me wonder if you believe it.

Jadis: Your mother asked me to keep an eye on you while I was here. It was couched as a mother’s worry, but I wonder if she thinks that you may have been out there too long, that you’ve formed some bonds, that you’ve become a different person.

Huck: She doesn’t, you’re wrong

Jadis: Or I’m right about her and she’s wrong about you. Little theatre that helps you survive is hard to let go. Before the world ended my name wasn’t Jadis. But that name, that identity, it helped me live, so Jadis is who I am. You’re stronger than me, you’re stronger than most. If your mother is worried you might be confused, it would be understandable, but could help her prove that you’re not Huck.

Huck: My name’s not Huck. Am I under investigation?

Jadis: I’m here to investigate a few things. If you were one of them it’d be easy, I could help you prove that you’re still you, and you could help me by talking up how wonderful I am to anyone who would listen. I need a promotion before the end of the year.

Huck: Like I said, you’re an ambitious survivor. I already bled and broke my bones for the corps, did everything I could to prove what I’m made of.

Jadis: You’ve done a lot, no question, but there is always more.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, November 08, 2021 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
thanks Kitt! I didnt watch but loved reading this!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, November 08, 2021 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
She seems to be becoming quite an important character, and she speaks so cleverly you're never quite sure whether she's trying to say something that's the opposite of what she's actually saying.

Interesting to find out that the Junkheap language didn't just develop out of everyone's trauma or something, but was a deliberate effort by Jadis to create/control a community.

Not sure if I mentioned, but she's using the name Jadis Stokes now. Stokes is Father Gabriel's last name, and of course they were dating before she left TWD.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, November 08, 2021 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
that is interesting!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, November 21, 2021 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
So exciting!! I guess I was wrong at Jadis perhaps playing both sides, she seems full on baddie now.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, December 06, 2021 - 1:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I'm confused about the post credit scene. The writing on the beam above says...Les morts sont nes ici. Which means the dead are not here. But then I read an article on it... It says that that translates to the dead are born here. Which would make sense with what the guy was saying and what she was saying that apparently France was ground zero for the infection. Obviously they were in contact with the CDC guy...same guy that was on the last episode of season 1, that then blew himself up.

But the French word for born is nee not nes (There is an accident on top of the middle e in both words which I don't know how to place with this keyboard) could it be possible that whomever wrote that banner in French did not have to spell the word correctly? Because the two phrases would mean exact opposite

They did drop a hint that this new Walker 2.0 that moves faster and comes back faster is going to be a new thing. Can't wait

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 06, 2021 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The past participle of to be born is né so l think nes would be correct for non gendered pleural. Née with two ee is feminine. Not sure how the phrase could translate to we are not here (ne sont ici). We need to find a Canadian!

When I get time I’m going to watch the end bit with English subtitles over the Jenner part, see what he was saying too.

Excellent finale, although didn’t really seem like an end, I hope we see more in the movies. I have to rewatch a couple of times to catch everything before I comment.