TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 22, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: The Walking Dead: World Beyond (spinoff): Archive through November 22, 2020 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, October 05, 2019 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
New spinoff show coming ....

According to Kitt ...

They released a trailer for it at Comicon that's here:

https://tvline.com/2019/10/05/the-walking-dead-third-series-trailer-video/

and it starts in Spring 2020 on AMC.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, October 05, 2019 - 11:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The trailer for the show seems to suggest the kids lived in a community 10 years on from the start of the zombie apocalypse (almost exactly where the main Walking Dead show is now) that is very similar to "normal" life. Which would be a very different situation from the other shows.

But then the kids leave! So it looks like it will be just another group out in the wilds.

I wonder if the new civilisation is where Rick was flown to, or one of a group of communities like that. I presume the first Rick movie will be out late in 2020 (as it hasn't started filming yet) so the show would be a way to introduce it... before leaving it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 16, 2020 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Walking Dead World Beyond will premiere Sunday April 12 at 10 ET, immediately after the finale of S10 of the The Walking Dead.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, January 16, 2020 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Cool!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
And... it will only be two seasons long!!

quote:

“World Beyond is a two-season closed-ended series that will tell a very specific and distinct story.”

https://tvline.com/2020/01/21/walking-dead-world-beyond-ending-two-seasons/

This brings back my guesses that everyone is going to join up and there be one giant finale (Fear + the main show).

This new series is in the same time frame as the main show (apocalypse + 10 years) so I think this show will help somehow with telling the Rick movies, and then Rick will be back, they'll time jump Morgan and everyone on Fear to the same time, and they'll all end up in the same place.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I bet you are right!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, March 20, 2020 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Another highly anticipated cable series is delaying its premiere due to the coronavirus outbreak: AMC is moving back the series premiere of its upcoming spinoff The Walking Dead: World Beyond.

World Beyond was slated to premiere Sunday, April 12 at 10/9c — directly after the Season 10 finale of The Walking Dead. But now the spinoff will debut “later this year,” per a tweet from The Walking Dead‘s official Twitter feed.

https://tvline.com/2020/03/20/the-walking-dead-world-beyond-delayed-postponed-spinoff-premiere-date/

It didn't say but I presume this is because they were mid filming, and thought it would be better to show the season in one go, rather than four episodes and pause until the rest are ready.

(Also, if a mod happens to wander by, the thread was made before the show was named, could anyone kindly change it to the official name, "The Walking Dead: World Beyond." Thank you!)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, March 20, 2020 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
thank you, kind mod!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, March 20, 2020 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, July 24, 2020 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's finally got an air date:

Sunday October 4th at 10pm, following on from the long awaited S10 finale of the main TWD.

Seems like it will air on the same days as FearTWD, which starts the next Sunday.

Trailer at the link:
https://tvline.com/2020/07/24/the-walking-dead-world-beyond-new-premiere-date-trailer-video/

Two season (10 eps each I think) limited series, so I'm still convinced it's going to help tell the movies Rick is going to be in... if they ever air. I guess they were held up too.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, September 26, 2020 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The early reviews for this seem to be saying it's a very teen angsty, The CW type show, but it gives you info on the triple circle people we've been seeing, and those people now have Rick, so is a must see for anyone who is interested in that. Which is obviously me. So I thought I'd put together what we know about the Triple Circle people from the other two shows, and some interviews.

The Triple Circle people have a name! It was on the paper Althea found on a dead member in the contaminated area last season on Fear TWD. They are CRM, which stands for the Civil Republic Military (revealed in one of the World Beyond trailers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lugWJVS9-s). They are a group of three communities, and The World Beyond will be based in one of them.

Here's what I know about them from the shows:

. The disease picked up in early 2010

. 2010-2011: Some point between the start and until towards the end of 2011 the CRM were giving supplies to Jadis and the people at the dump in exchange for her providing them A or B type people. A were people - possibly strong, leader types - who were newly bitten, and B were people - possibly weaker personalities - who had not been bitten.

. mid 2011: Gimple or someone confirmed in an interview that one of the people Jadis had exchanged was Heath, who was lost after being separated on a scavenger hunt with Tara. Last we saw Heath was in the RV, and then the RV was seen at the dump.

. mid 2012: FearTWD people find an area contaminated by an explosion at the nearby power plant. One of the dead is wearing a black protection suit, and is from the CRM. When Althea is looking at the body, Isabelle (from the CRM) grabs Althea. She'd come by helicopter with the dead guy to investigate something (I think the crash of our FearTWD's people's plane) and had to make sure no one around knew they'd been there. Her base were going to send a clean up team if she couldn't control it, but she told them she did (even though she didn't kill Althea like she was meant to). Isabelle topped up her fuel from the fuel supply on a hilltop, and flew off.

. mid 2013: after Jadis made friends with our main TWD group (and became known as Anne) she must have still been able to communicate with the CRM, as when things start to go wrong for her she calls them to ask them to take her. They say they will if she has an A, but when Rick's injured in the bridge explosion and gets washed up on the side of the river, Jadis calls the CRM helicopter saying she has a B, and they agree to come and pick him (and her) up. Anne tells Rick they'll save him.

. early 2020: a ship drifts into the island where Virgil lives. Unclear when it was abandoned, but in it was Rick's phone, and on that was a drawing of Judith from when she was 7+ (guess), which would be 2017 or later.

. mid 2020: Michonne goes North in search of Rick, and sees a flock of marching troops with a lot of equipment, presumably CRM.

. around this time (early 2020), 10 years in, The World Beyond is meant to start (after flashbacks to the beginning), with some kids who grew up in one of the communities leaving their camp to go to the city to try and help the dad of two of the main characters, Hope and Iris. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpHpwO1E70A

The CRM say they are building towards a future but Isabelle had to kill he partner when he went crazy, and they were going to send in a clean up crew to presumably murder people who knew about their visit, if Isabelle couldn't contain the knowledge.

And of course they were paying (with goods) Jadis for the people she sent to them. Maybe they didn't know that Jadis had that bed contraption thing to have walkers bite people to provide them with As, but it seemed like they would be experimenting on them when they got them. If Rick (who was a B) was allowed to be on that boat Virgil found then presumably they saw some worth in him, or they're not all bad and actually do just want the Bs.

Everything we know about them from the main shows was pre-2013 - in the first three years of the zombie apocalypse - so perhaps as time went on they were better behaved and now (seven years later) they don't need to be so ruthless.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 26, 2020 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I am hoping it is good, we need something to look forward to since many network shows wont come back for awhile

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 04, 2020 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
it took way to long to set up all these backstories. This feels like a CW teen show. The last scene was the best part and will keep me coming back for ep 2!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 04, 2020 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I liked it, but then I am quite partial to CW type shows.

Names for the name-challenged, like me:

Main girl: Iris
Sister: Hope
Big kid: Silas
Corduroy kid: Elton
Guy in his 20s: Felix, the girls' guardian while her dad is away
Girl in her 20s: Huck
Julia Ormond: Colonel Elizabeth Kublek
Sisters' dad: Dr Leo Bennett
Felix's boyfriend: Will (who is Dr Leo's security)

The three communities are Portland (Oregon), Omaha (with a satellite "Campus Colony," which is where the kids were) and the CRM. No one outside the CRM knows where the CRM is based.

The girls' father, Dr Leo Bennett, was taken by the CRM to work on some science somewhere in New York state (according to Col Elizabeth). Not sure if that means CRM is based there.

And Hope killed Elton's pregnant mother after Elton's pregnant mother freaked on The Night the Sky Fell and killed the girls' mother. Iris thinks a walker ("empty") killed her mother.

I wasn't sure about the ending, hoped they'd go into it on Talking Dead but they didn't. It looked like the safety wall around the Campus Colony was burst through, walkers went through, killed some people, but I assume they meant that Col Elizabeth and the CRM blasted the hole, and killed everyone left?

But if they did it to stop info spreading about the dad, then why did she say "good" when someone told her they couldn't find "her" anywhere?

She must have intentionally told the girls where their dad (supposedly) was, but did the dad even send the messages? Is he really in NY? If he isn't, why would she want the kids going there? If she just wanted the girls with the dad to spur him on, she could have just taken them.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 11, 2020 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was glad the trailer for next week showed more Elizabeth. If every episode was just the kids' travels it might get boring. Nothing of consequence really happened this episode.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 26, 2020 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You know I write up every episode... this one has about four lines worth of text. The episodes aren't bad, just nothing consequential happens.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 26, 2020 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I find this show super boring. I am only sticking with it to see how it intertwines with the others

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, November 08, 2020 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Is it just me and Pamy watching this one now?

When I was about to start rewatching last week's show I noticed the bar on the show for the previous episode (e4) hadn't quite reached the end. I pressed play and there was a bit of show after the credits! I missed it on both my first and second viewing.

In case anyone else did, if was a clip of a female researcher in Portland OR, who had a whole set of walkers in individual restraints who were her test subjects. The one in front of her was a walker version of Dr Samuel Abbott, who also appeared to be the living person who was in a photo on her desk, with him, her, another person and the girls' father Leo on it!

The interesting thing was he was test subject A402, all that group of test subjects were A numbers, so I think that helps confirm the theory about A and B types. A are smart people or leaders who have been bitten; B were alive (like Rick).

So for this show, does that mean that Leo is in Portland, not NY? We know Lt Col Elizabeth purposely fed the girls the NY info, perhaps to make them go there, but I'm not sure why she'd sent them to NY in such a precarious way were it not to manipulate Leo some how. Perhaps she just wanted to be able to tell him they were on the road somewhere, rather than at the university and chose NY randomly.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, November 08, 2020 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
you may be on your own LOL I cant get into this show and each week it gets worse. it is soooooo sloooowww

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, November 08, 2020 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
the only reason I will keep up with it is because of things like you just wrote about. the A and B subjects..great catch!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, November 08, 2020 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Well I'm happy to just jot down anything like that that I find here, so you don't have to suffer through, Pamy! I still quite like it, I quite enjoy The CW type shows, and this would fit right in there.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, November 09, 2020 - 12:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There was another after credit scene tonight. The same researcher was in her office, and "Lt Col" (so presumably Lt Col Elizabeth) called her, and the researcher said "I'm still working on that, but... of course. It will be taken care of by the time they arrive. Dr. Bennett won't be a problem. His security detail won't be, either."

She also had Leo's book on Advanced Immunology, that had a card from Iris and Hope in it, with their pictures.

I thought she was in Portland last time, but perhaps I got that wrong, as now it sounds like she's wherever in NY the girls are going to.

It was actually a pretty good episode, not just centred around the group.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Wednesday, November 11, 2020 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
I have been watching it just is so slow and kidsie that it has become hard to stay with. I usually grab my ipad and start scrolling through stuff.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 11, 2020 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Five episodes and they've reached the Mississippi already, so maybe by the end of the season (which is only 10 episodes) they'll be in NY and a lot more will be going on.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, November 22, 2020 - 11:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Little twist tonight. Kind of weird because they've always implied Huck and Felix have been good friends for a while.

And does she know Elizabeth killed everyone left at the University?