TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Outlander with book talk included (sp...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Outlander: Outlander with book talk included (spoilers) users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through June 22, 2016Heckagirl63125 06-22-16  8:05 pm
Archive through April 12, 2022Babyjaxmom25 04-12-22  12:38 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, April 12, 2022 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes this was an intense storyline and quite frustrating but I'm sure that was Diana Gabaldon's intent.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, April 17, 2022 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I finally figured out how to put my Starz app on my TV (through Roku), got it all set up and they are not on today. Ugh!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, April 17, 2022 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh man!!! I was looking forward to them being on tonight!!!

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Sunday, April 17, 2022 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Very disappointing Outlander wadnt on tonight. I hope its back next week.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, April 18, 2022 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It will be back next week. I think some shows just took the week off because of Easter. Don't know why they do that. We're still here!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, April 24, 2022 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Who is haunting Claire? Also I watched the show through the Starz app on the Roku. They did not show the previews for next week. So what happens?

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, May 01, 2022 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
What a way to end the season! If I had not read the books, I would be dying to know what happens next.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, May 01, 2022 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Loved Ian to the rescue!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, May 02, 2022 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Hecka - do you mean Lionel Brown who is the voice she hears? He's the main culprit; she didn't kill him but he was the one who kidnapped and raped her (one of them - but the initiator of it all) and then died at Marsali's hand. As the ether continues to create hallucinations, she also starts to hear voices of all the "bad" people and people who've been influenced by her time travel- Black Jack Randall, Dougal, Geillis, etc.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, May 03, 2022 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The ether hallucinations are something entirely in the show but not in the books, right?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 04, 2022 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I don't remember anything in the books about ether hallucinations, but then I read them so long ago, I don't remember that much!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, May 15, 2022 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
There was no ether use (or any other kind of use) in the book. She and Jamie just worked through it together. She has a reaction to seeing the one man who raped her (his wife had died - he called her Martha) and almost collapses. However, while Jenny knows, Claire asks Jamie to let her work it out herself. Jenny DOES tell Jamie, and he kills the man ("out of sight" - we get no details). So....she obviously has some PTSD, but mainly she and Jamie talk to each other to get through it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, May 15, 2022 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yes, exactly. She didn't use ether in the books. I'm getting a little tired of that storyline. I still haven't watched the final episode (I'm in denial about the end of the season), so I hope that gets wrapped up. Although I think I know what else is coming . . .

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, May 22, 2022 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
It does get wrapped up, Babyjaxmo, and the finale is absolutely amazing! LOVED IT --- and it is a cliffhanger for next season!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 23, 2022 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Of course it is! 😏

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, January 27, 2023 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So they've announced that Outlander will end with Season 8.

That presents an interesting problem. It very likely means that they are in a similar situation to Game of Thrones. Based on her current track record, it's not likely that Diana Gabaldon will have finished the final book by the time the final season is produced.

I wonder how they are going to deal with that situation? Will they just end the TV show at whatever point they get up to in her most recently released book or will they go beyond that point including story that she hasn't written yet?

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, January 27, 2023 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I'm hoping they end pretty much where Book 8 ends - allowing (and hoping) they'll do the final two books in a movie or two - a la Downton Abby. 🤞🤞 I seriously doubt Gabaldon would allow her ending from book 10 to be spoiled literally years before her book comes out.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, January 28, 2023 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I hope that is what they do as well. So many people (including me) think that they messed up the Game of Thrones final and I wouldn't want to see that happen with Outlander. I also think that Gabaldon has a more personal attachment to the Outlander books and characters and she would be very reluctant to accept it being finished by anyone other than her (though I don't know what her contractual situation is with respect to the TV show).

By the way, I finished Go Tell the Bees That I Am Gone and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I will say that she writes in such a rambling style, it seems like the story could go on forever (which IMO is a good thing).

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, January 28, 2023 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I listened to Bees last year, and I tell ya'- when I listened at speed 1.5 for FIVE hours and there wasn't a word of Jamie or Claire (chapters 88-105), I was ready to stop reading all together. I don't mind the other stories, but I read because of JC. Leaving them out for that long drove me nuts! The ending was quite exciting, though!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: