TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
December 20, 2017 Episode --- 2 hour ...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXXV - Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers: Caution Caution - Spoilers Caution: December 20, 2017 Episode --- 2 hour Finale users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through December 18, 2017Alaginger25 12-18-17  10:57 am
Archive through December 20, 2017Vickie25 12-20-17  9:03 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
JE has posted that Dr. Mike goes out in fifth place.

Ronk

03-03-2009

Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ronk a private message Print Post    
So would you say that Survivor is now manipulating the outcome?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Vickie, ty!!!!! and wahoooo!

Knightpatti

12-05-2001

Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
No I don't think they are manipulating the game.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
They've always manipulated the game to a certain point...but they don't manipulate the actions of the players in the game. Were there too many immunity idols...maybe...but all players are equally able to go out and search for them. Ben just had more determination to do so...he was willing to sacrifice a night's sleep to look for one and it worked out for him.

Devon had every opportunity to practice making a fire (I did agree that allowing Chrissy to read her clue and make plans beforehand was perhaps a huge unfair advantage...I think it would have been more interesting to see her have to make that decision in front of all players at tribal council) and, in typical over-confident Devon fashion, chose not to do so. This is the same Devon who was convinced that there was no way Ben would find another immunity idol. Devon is a sweet soul but definitely needs some life experience!

Vickie

07-16-2004

Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Totally agree on your thoughts of Devon Roxip. Had all the chance to make sure he knew what he was doing and then blew it when he needed to step up. That is a sign of a guy who rather take a nap then figure it out. I am really glad he had a great time out there.

Chrissy is a 47 year old house wife and she was not taken along to be beaten by another fellow player. She did an awesome job and should be proud of herself. Her whole family should be rocked by what a woman she is. No way would just any person of that age come out there and succeed like she did. She would of won if it wasn't for Ben.

Where did Ryan's words go?? He interrupted and seemed to be all over the place. He was stumped that Ben ended up next to them. I still think they all did an excellent job.

My husband mentioned that he seemed to think all the final 5 were ok and he does not like this show. He thought all of them deserved to win.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Now that I got that out what are the thoughts of this group on the next Survivor?? They flashed all the faces on this finale.

Also per usual Thank you so much Ginger for all the work you put into this board!!

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Thank You, Vickie ... it's my pleasure ... but I have to admit it is getting harder to do ... RL (medical with hubby and sister) takes a lot of time and concentration.

Chrissy is profiled with an occupation of being an actuary (math person). I don't think she is listed as a housewife ... Watching her on the show, I can see that she would know how to juggle both jobs.

I would have been happy with either Ben or Chrissy. I felt that Ryan was trying to win at the end with bullying. Maybe I'm over-reacting, but that attitude doesn't sit well with me....and actions speak louder than words.

Survivor 36 will be at the same location, and we need to get a new thread up since the cast has been announced. I'll PM to Jimmer.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes you do great, Ginger. You really add to the fun for all of us!

I'll setup a new area today. :-)

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
My 2 cents is that they probably had the new ending already in place before the season started. Even before the Final Immunity challenge, Jeff said there was a changeup. The fact that it benefited Ben was bonus.

To me, Ben seemed uncomfortable answering questions, until he finally opened up at the end (might have something to do with the PTSD and being a marine)... Chrissy tried to talk over people, but so deserved to be there (in another Survivor, she would have won) and Ryan, who was great expressing his thoughts throughout the season, lost his words.

Of everyone left, only Ben played 24/7, as evidenced by him staying out all night looking for the last idol. He never lost sight of why he was there.

This was a good Survivor.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I would have been okay with a Chrissy win also - she definitely outplayed and outwitted...I'm not so sure her social game was as good as she thought it was...knowing facts about people is not the same as getting to know them and form a relationship with them. A prime example of this was her trying to get back in good with Ben...nobody was buying her act!

Ryan's so-called social game wasn't nearly as good as he thought it was. He was ineffective at tribal council...but then again he knew he was operating at a deficit so he had nothing to lose.

If it had been Devon, Chrissy and Ryan I think Chrissy would have won. IMO Devon just got lucky to align with the right people. Don't get me wrong - LOVE HIM - but he really added very little to the game. I think he was a much better player in his own mind than he was in reality...just like his ability to start a fire was better and his belief that nobody would search all night for an idol....

Ben deserved the win in my opinion. His last few days were the hardest and he worked his tail off to get there. Not a fan of "I need this money for my family" argument, but I think he is the person who can benefit the most not only financially but emotionally.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I now want a Survivor with Ozzy, Malcolm and Devon in it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think y'all are being too hard on Devon. He saved himself at the prior tribal council by not agreeing with everyone else that Ben didn't have an idol, and voting for Mike. If he hadn't voted for Mike, Devon would have been the one out at 5.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Perhaps, but that was a rare occasion where Devon actually took substantive action.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Devon made moves when he had to. Choosing who you align yourself with is a big part of how you get to the end. He was loyal to Chrissy and Ryan to the end, but didn't hesitate to adjust his other 'sub' alliances based on what was happening. I think, if he came back to another season, he would be a player that made an impact to another season (maybe not so naïve about reading others gameplay). I enjoyed watching him play and the joy he showed while playing the game.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Interview with Ben on how he will spend his winnings:

http://www.cbs8.com/story/37115314/survivor-winner-ben-driebergen-reveals-how-hell-spend-his-1-million-prize-exclusive

He wants to save .... he wants his children to have college educations which he couldn't have .... and he wants a race car. That last one floored me (lol).

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I think all of the F5 deserved to be in the F5 for different reasons. They all brought something to the game.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Circle track racing cars aren't that expensive...the men who own them tend to do most of the work themselves, or with a group of friends. Of course like anything else the bigger you get the more expensive they are, but they are a lot of fun to watch.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Personally, I love watching their Ponderosas. The Ponderosas show who they really are outside the game.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree. Perhaps they should make a new reality show that blends Survivor and Big Brother...Big Ponderosa?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
No BB. After three weeks of BB, I hate everyone on the show. The only shows that I love from the beginning of the season to the end are Survivor and Amazing Race.

We have to figure out another concept for the Ponderosa game show... LOL

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Here's a link to our new TV Clubhouse section on Survivor 36 - Ghost Island

https://tvclubhouse.com/forum/messages/9204/
18081198.html?1513885517

I'm going to go get some information for us....

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm reading an interview where Dr. Mike said he voted for Chrissy at the Final TC.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
this is the interview you are probably talking about:

http://ew.com/tv/2017/12/21/survivor-finale-dr-mike-zahalsky/

He also says he would have won had he been in the Final 3................(I can't say that I see that)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Here's a screen cap of the *second* vote for Crissy:

Desi says she hated Crissy in her exit interview, so if Mike says it was him... must have been?

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
So ...

Devon voted for Ryan
Ashley and Mike voted for Chrissy

That leaves:
Cole, J.P., Joe, Desi and Lauren voted for Ben

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
TY Ginger!!!! you make this game we all love so much more fun with your insight and hunting for juicy gossip and speculation!!!

i cant remember a season in years that really had zero true spoilers!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, December 22, 2017 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I can see why Mike voted for Chrissy...he wouldn't have made it as far as he did if it wasn't for her...but I'm a little surprised at Ashley, since Chrissy is the main reason she was voted off (but of course when Ashley voted she didn't know that). Or maybe it is that woman power thing.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: