TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
RACE TO SURVIVE ALASKA ... USA channel

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: RACE TO SURVIVE ALASKA ... USA channel users admin

https://www.usanetwork.com/race-to-survive-alaska

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 12, 2023Dipo25 04-12-23  12:24 pm
Archive through April 26, 2023Brenda196625 04-26-23  7:42 am
Archive through May 09, 2023Dipo25 05-09-23  1:28 pm
Archive through May 23, 2023Seamonkey25 05-23-23  8:56 pm
Archive through June 06, 2023Karuuna25 06-06-23  9:15 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 06, 2023 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The scary part was when the brother and sister got into very rough water and the camera crew couldn't safely follow, so all they had was audio. Later, the sister had a harder time than the other five swimming in icy water with a big pack.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 06, 2023 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.tvinsider.com/1095158/race-to-survive-alaska-finale-season-1-winners-usa-network/

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 06, 2023 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Also interviews at the link in the header.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 06, 2023 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I been holding off my comments so Lexiegirl can watch the show!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, June 06, 2023 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
really enjoyed this show and the finale. Congrats to the winners. I also liked how gracious all three teams were. I hope this show returns!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 06, 2023 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I did too. I have to say I was confused at times during the finale about how far apart people were, etc... thought they could have done a better job in calling the race.

Other than that, I did like it. Maybe if it did well they'll spend a little more on production... LOL

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 06, 2023 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I will say I was amazed at how the camera crews kept up with them all, and at times, I wondered how they were able to get some of the shots.

Thanks for explaining about the audio only. I thought that the cameras had failed, not that they couldn't keep up with them for safety reasons.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 06, 2023 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I agree... that was some serious bushwhacking while filming!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, June 06, 2023 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I was scrolling through New Messages last night asnd saw the lead-in that last night was the finale, so I quickly scrolled on past and then watched it online tonight. I was quite happy with the winners and happy with the final three teams, although the arrogant guy is sort of old to still have that many life lessons yet to learn.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 06, 2023 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Dipo, they either said or had captions that said they had audio only because the camera crew couldn't go whre the brother/sister team went.

If it did well and they have another season, maybe they could invest in some drones.

The maps showing their locations helped at times, but often it really was hard to know who was ahead, or maybe "ahead" but off course.

I didn't realize until I read the interviews that one member of the two guys dubbed as experts who argued a lot was on naked and afraid (alone?) multiple times. Naked sure wouldn't have worked on this show!

And loved what the brothers planned with their winnings.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 07, 2023 - 3:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Okay y'all I watched my recording last night and I'm thrilled with the team that won. I would have also been happy with Bella and Cason but they should be proud that they finished the race. That last leg was brutal with the whitewater and then the plunge to have to climb the glacier. I didn't think Bella was going to be able to finish.

I'm really hoping we get another season!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 07, 2023 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I just loved how patient Bella's brother was with her every time she struggled. Never got mad, never acted out in frustration... just encouraged and helped. I would have been very happy with their win.

Max kind of lost favor with me because of his ego, so the AK boys were a good choice for winner!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 07, 2023 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I was so happy the AK boys managed to catch up and get ahead. It was very stressful for me while they were all struggling to get the to first packrafts. And I don't really like that they made them swim through dangerous water to get to the ice climb. But maybe it is normal to have really dangerous parts to a survival race.

I agree Karuuna, Max really annoyed me with his attitude so I didn't want him to win.

It was excellent that they were all congratulatory to each other. It was a very hard race and they all worked really hard to get to the end.

Excellent show!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 07, 2023 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
TBH, if you can make it as far as these three teams did, they all deserve to win (even if we don't like them).

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 07, 2023 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So true, Lexie girl. I would have been pleased for the others to win but I am happy the AK boys won, LOL.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 07, 2023 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah, they all deserved to win. I still had my favorites. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 07, 2023 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree about Bella's brother.. They will never forget this experience and may have other adventures together.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, June 07, 2023 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Same, Lexie.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, June 09, 2023 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed the format of this show. All of these teams were amazing in their achievements. And yes, I was glad to see the Nome brothers take the win. Max was exhausting. Hopefully he learns something from watching himself on this show before he becomes a father. Kudos to his partner for not losing his cool more.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, April 08, 2024 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
YAY - Race to Survive: New Zealand premieres May 20 on USA. I saw the preview on Twitter and it looks amazeballs!!!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, April 08, 2024 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the heads up, Lexie!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 10, 2024 - 2:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Please post when it is closer.. I can't set up a program until under two weeks ahead. Will want to watch this one..

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, April 10, 2024 - 3:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
My DVR is the same Seamonkey. I will start a new thread when it gets much closer.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, April 10, 2024 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Ooh! New Zealand would be a super place to have a show like that!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, April 10, 2024 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I just got back from 3 weeks in NZ. Great place!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 11, 2024 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
There should be sheep involved. New Zealand has more sheep than people..

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, April 11, 2024 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Oh, I am sure there will be sheep. Another thing NZ started doing is farming deer. Sometime in the past 20 years Bigdog and I visited there with my Australian cousin and wife, and while we thought we would be eating nothing but lamb in the restaurants, everything had changed, and we could find NO lamb in restaurants!!! ALL of it went to exports. We finally found ONE Mexican restaurant that had lamb on the menu. It was freaking bizarre.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 13, 2024 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They have bats and seals and Kiwi and other birds.. But not for hunting..

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, April 13, 2024 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Um, yes. The ecosystem of NZ is quite interesting. They had ZERO mammals until the Europeans arrived and started importing them, which is why they had all the flightless birds that evolved there.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, April 14, 2024 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
We saw quite a few deer farms during our time there. And, more cows than we expected. Llama or Alpaca farms too.

Same as juju, I didn’t see many lamb dishes on the menu.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: