TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 09, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: RACE TO SURVIVE ALASKA ... USA channel: Archive through May 09, 2023 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 26, 2023 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Honestly, I wish they would let singles continue...

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, April 26, 2023 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Agreed. Seems like every task so far could be done by a single, so no real reason to make them drop out as well.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 26, 2023 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Elizabeth seemed to have come in with an exit strategy or excuse .. the wedding. Felt for Robin.. Yes, she rejuvenated, but will that last.

I keep comparing to shows where people are amazing with their skills at finding food or catching food, but then those people are often exhausted just building shelter and staying alive. These people arrive at a rest area really exhausted, so there is that. Maybe some efforts are lost in editing, but it does look like they would starve without the provided food, and that most are not rationing that out more. The pair who said they still had food and didn't want to announce it were wise. Maybe the guys eating the fish in front of everyone was a tactic. I don't remember if they have been helped by anyone in other ways.

Still enjoying the show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 26, 2023 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Going on as a single would be interesting, but I suspect that there would be more drop outs of weaker members and that is a different show.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, April 26, 2023 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I suspect the woman team will conveniently come in last just in time for her to fly back for the wedding. I can understand her partner's frustration. Did she know about the wedding when she agreed to go on this show?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, April 26, 2023 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Brenda, I couldn't figure out if Elizabeth knew about her brother's wedding prior to applying, or she applied for the show first and then her brother set the date before Elizabeth found out if she was accepted to be on the show. And who's idea was it to go on the show - Robin or Elizabeth? Robin has said repeatedly that she really didn't know Elizabeth - they had only been friends for about a year.

That whole thing is super-sketchy.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 26, 2023 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Robin is the one who wanted to go on the show, and she invited Elizabeth. Robin said that she wished Elizabeth had told her about the wedding when she invited her.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 3:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks for clarifying Karuuna. The whole thing was confusing. But Elizabeth would have also had to send in a tape (or audition - however they do it), I can't imagine that they would only cast one member of the team which makes it even more bizarre that Elizabeth knew about the wedding, went through the casting process and didn't tell anyone.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I agree, Lexie... which is probably why Robin said "I wish she would have told me about this wedding..."

She clearly kept that information from Robin and anyone else all thru the process.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Exactly. So I'm assuming that not only did they not know each other very long (didn't they say about a year), I guess they weren't that good friends that Robin didn't know Elizabeth's brother was even getting married.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sketchy indeed.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 03, 2023 - 3:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch this week? We finally had an elimination where someone came in last and didn't leave for medical reasons.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 03, 2023 - 4:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
That was nice.

I think the show overplayed the bears. One group moved faster, another group waited a bit.

I guess the mushrooms will come next week. And was looking at the dates. I don't think there are enough shows left for 40 days. They either end the show earlier with no one finishing or really speed up.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 03, 2023 - 5:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
If I remember correctly, the first two legs were four days and the third leg was only two days.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, May 03, 2023 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I watched. I really enjoy this show. I wish we'd seen more bears! But wow at those huge claw marks on the tree! How many more weeks of episodes are there for this show?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 03, 2023 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I loved it this week, except I really want to see the bears, LOL.

It was a great show.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, May 04, 2023 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
So tonight I tried to watch last night's episode 5 on usanetwork.com, and I could NOT get in at all, spent a bunch of time on it, trying different browsers, clearing cookies, etc. It will play the initial commercial and then stop at 0:01 seconds. And I JUST figured out I betcha I can't watch it yet because it hasn't yet been quite 24 hours since it aired local time! And now it's too late to watch another hour show, LOL. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, May 05, 2023 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Nope, still can't get in tonight, and same phenomenon, can get in to episode 4 and earlier but not the latest episode 5.

Huh!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, May 06, 2023 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Strange because it was on Cable monday.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, May 06, 2023 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
And I STILL can't get in today to the latest episode 5, but can get in to the earlier episodes. I did clear browser cookies on maybe Monday, but if cookies, or lack thereof, were the problem seems like I wouldn't be able to get into the earlier episodes, which play just fine.

Let me go see if I can open some other recent program - BRB. AHA!!! So I chose WWE NXT that had a May 2 latest episode, and I can't play it either. It is doing that same hang-up thing on the last one second thing of the introductory commercial. But I can view the episode before that. So it's almost got to be the cookie-cleaning thing. Very strange. I tried another browser, and it is doing the same thing.

Oh, I should add I am able to watch it for free because I link it to my internet provider, which is Xfinity. It is the same way I watch NBC shows on Peacock. Hmmmm, I wonder if Xfinity dropped USANetwork or something on May 1?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 07, 2023 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
FWIW, I get USANetwork on Xfinity still. Are you able to play other channels?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, May 07, 2023 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yes, we still get it on the television. I never watch the actual television. I watch everything online.

So I got the bright idea to see if there is something wrong with the laptop and put on the new (used but with Windows 11) laptop I got a couple weeks ago but haven't had time to set up. I went to usanetwork.com on Chrome and signed in with xfinity and got a message that my internet package does not include this channel and to contact my provider to upgrade!!! This is a problem I vaguely remember when setting up nbc.com and Peacock, but I don't recall how I solved it. LOL.

But while on the new computer, up there on the usanetwork page where you are supposed to link to Provider and then watch for free, I found a pull-down menu that said go to Provider link, so I clicked that and went to xfinity.com/stream and searched for Race To Survive Alaska, and I am now happily watching Episode 5. On the old laptop.

WTH??!?!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, May 07, 2023 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Heh, and no commercials. I think I might have found a viable workaround. Well, and now I am watching NCIS, but it does have commercials. Huh! So I am typing here during a commercial.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 08, 2023 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New show tonight!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 09, 2023 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, did you see all those bears, LOL! I wish they could have zoomed in on them more, I really wanted to see the Mama with the cubs.

Once again, Dad made me nervous, I was sure he was going to hurt himself again.