TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Castaways - ABC

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Castaways - ABC users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through August 12, 2018Karuuna25 08-12-18  10:36 am
Archive through September 12, 2018Karuuna25 09-12-18  9:01 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Yes, enough with the back stories.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well I might try again, but if it goes on pointlessly I am out again.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I have been watching it. Not sure why. Thanks, Kar, for saying there's an episode tonight. We've got baseball. Castaways is scheduled for 1:05 a.m. tomorrow morning. I set it to record an extra half hour in case start is delayed. Three episodes next week and it's done.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
the fact that they are rushing the remaining episodes means it isn't doing well.

At least they will show them all... for us diehards. :-)

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Two have left. Kichelle due to coral cut on her leg which did become very painful and infected. IIRC, one of the men due primarily to loneliness. Sixty-one year old woman is content spending her time alone. She seems to be doing the best out of the whole bunch.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Thursday, September 13, 2018 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
I think at least 4 have left. I remember one you didn’t mention was that young black girl, can’t remember her name. She became ill and left. She was teaming up with Terri. And seems like there was another man that left, not Eric.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, September 13, 2018 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I didn't record the last few minutes of last evening's show. Ended when Kenzi woke up the morning after being sick during the night. Said she was covered in hives. What then?

Nevermind -- I found it on Hulu.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, September 13, 2018 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I recorded two episodes but they were the same.

It goes very slowly but I do like it better than I did at first.

Some are very likeable.. others not as much.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, September 14, 2018 - 6:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Yes, likability switcheroo re the three guys in Wednesday's nights episode??!!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
They were all picked up on day 41. Whole thing was character studies.

Starr

07-09-2005

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I thought a reunion show would be fun but I guess not. It would be interesting to ask them questions - any regrets? Should you have stayed/left earlier? Did you get what you were looking for? Would you do it again?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
This cries out for a reunion show, instead of a quick update on just a few of them.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Yes, we need a reunion show. I have seen pictures online of Robbie and he has lost so much weight. Doesn’t even look like the same person. I thought it was odd last night, those 2 guys who told Matt to leave acted so concerned they didn’t go find Terri earlier. But then they were so concerned and wanted to make sure Matt got his things back. Did they know how many days they were going to be there? Seemed like everyone just happened to be in one place at the end.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I didn't realize it ended last night, so no one won anything?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They updated on a few of them. Robbie lost 80 pounds out there and more at home.

I think those guys had a couple of changes of heart.

Still Matt wasn't very motivated seeming. The update said he had not seen his brother.

Some of the things he faulted the guys for..like he had to sleep in a hammock.. did he expect to crowd in with them? At the other place.. he slept in .. a hammock, but that seemed ok over there.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 11:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.robbierainbow.com

Robbie's site...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 11:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.instagram.com/robbie.rainbow/

And there is Kenzi too.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, September 24, 2018 - 4:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
WOW! The weightless looks good on Robbie!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, September 24, 2018 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
That should be — weight loss.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, September 24, 2018 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Or both

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Friday, September 28, 2018 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
I started recording the series on the dvr and watching before bed a week or so after it began - it was slow to start but intriguing enough to make me want to know what happened the next episode. By the time there was only 2 episodes left I was thinking a lot about the castaways and wondering how they were. The flashbacks were annoying at first, but overall helped fill in so many character gaps we wouldn't have known otherwise. The journals with the flashbacks were genius as well. I'm really happy I watched the series - their journeys struck me emotionally and that was inspiring.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Friday, September 28, 2018 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
And here I am hours after my last post and it was after I watched the finale and I’m still thinking about the Castaways. I want to know what happened to the others that quit early like Terry and Eric and others...I would like to know how they are.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 12:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I am mid binge & have been truly touched by this show. It was not at all what I expected.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, October 11, 2018 - 11:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I don't know if I would have liked this show as a weekly series but as a binge it was phenomenal & really made me reflect on myself & appreciate the people in my life.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Friday, October 12, 2018 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
I agree Willwillbee! I watched a couple episodes in a row at times and it was good that way - it was more dramatic, etc. I definitely do wish we knew more about how they're all doing post-island.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, October 18, 2018 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Scotchbright, I was curious as well and searched Robbie "Rainbow" and he is doing phenomenally well. He's lost 180# doing marathons & loving himself & life.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 18, 2018 - 11:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I follow Robbie on Instagram..

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: