TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 12, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Castaways - ABC: Archive through August 12, 2018 users admin

Breanna95838

07-08-2011

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Breanna95838 a private message Print Post    
There is a new survival reality show (Castaways) begins Aug 7th 10|9c on ABC.

They will have a good mix of ages (20 - 62 yr old) and wonder how the really big guy will do.

12 diverse individuals as they're dropped alone throughout various islets in Indonesia and challenged to survive among washed-up luggage, scattered resources and abandoned structures.

https://abc.go.com/shows/abc-new-shows/news/shows/revolutionary-series-castaways-premieres-tuesday-august-7-on-abc

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sounds like a hybrid of Survivor and Alone. I have this set up to record. I'll give it a try.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
alone with stuff. Do they have competitions where they can win stuff? that would make it more like survivor.

lots and lots of sob stories.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sounds good, I am interested in seeing how it goes.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Breanna, ty for the reminder!! I am looking forward to this!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Doesn't look like there's competitions. Link

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
but there will be a camera crew, I am sure.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
The survival situation has elements of "Naked and Afraid" (with clothes).

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well, except there will be buildings they can take shelter in, there will be food put in obvious places ( which some people already think is done on Naked and afraid.) I believe I read about jugs of clean water hanging from trees as an example, and abandoned buildings.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 1:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So each is released separately, find a pack with someone else's belongings, including a journal.

Most read the journal.

Most seem to be in touch situations and need a break.

Up to them if they seek out and group together.

One woman seems to have abandoned the guy she found after one night.

The buildings so far are rudimentary. One included a really large wasp nest.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 5:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Did we meet everyone last night? How many total? Last night was very much a character study of everyone. Saw clips of their lives at home.

Jenhavins

08-23-2000

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenhavins a private message Print Post    
So far, it seems like a combination of Alone and nighttime soap opera-ish regarding the documentary aspect. I will give it a couple more tries but I don't find it as revolutionary as they think it is.

That being said, I might eat my words 3 weeks from now. I do find myself feeling bad for the 390lb man. I was afraid he was going to have that heart attack he's anticipating in the water swimming.

Jenhavins

08-23-2000

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenhavins a private message Print Post    
Oh and that girl from Maui? My family has a place in Haiku right at the tip of the rain forest. It's an amazing retreat but I think I would be hard pressed to live there full time. Island fever and Jungle fever combined? No thank you!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Ithink like all reality shows, they are over dramatizing, I don't think that woman left the guy after they met up, she said she was going to explore, he thought she was looking for coconuts. they have to do both. the idea is to find all the resources. I did laugh at the guy with a hive in his building. he did have a roof and walls though good for a storm, then he ripped up the floor to start a fire? sheesh why did he need a fire in the daytime when it was warm and sunny? Producer suggestion? didn't look like he was cooking food.
then there is the guy who had a crab claw, and said he was hungry as he threw the claw down on the ground and walked away, that was a big claw.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I hated the one who was going to burn someone's journal.

The woman who left to look for coconuts was shown bedding down elsewhere but I am sure they will reunite later.

The very large man who already talks about binge eating at night and fearing death.. Really shouldn't be out there. He is a single dad, too.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And if that guy pulled that crab apart and didn't eat the claw meat, a pox on him!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
When is it on again? I see it is being repeated on Saturday. For anyone who missed the premiere. Like me. :-)

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well, on the side of pulling it apart, the guy did feel bad abut it, and the crab will grow a new claw.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the heads-up about the repeat on Saturday!

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Not sure about this show. First thing my husband and I both noticed was the very small and faint writing telling people’s names and things like that. Then, this first episode really focused on that large man. Well, one reason he is large is because he eats a huge amount of food at bedtime! He seems so needy and over dramatic, I could see that girl splitting off on her on....”abandoning” him again. His story was just too much for me. I got a weird feeling with everyone looking through someone else’s bag. As a woman, i wouldn’t want some random man rummaging thru my things...lol
Will watch again, but just not sure about this one.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
the shows tend to focus on people who will be leaving soon in the very beginning, maybe a glimpse at someone who stays the while.
The journal must have been required writing and they should have known that it would be read by others. I only know one person (not on-line) who keeps a journal. So should not feel bad that someone reads them.

the other odd thing is that so many older and so many over weight people have been approved for this show, while it is possible to be over weight and healthy, it is not common. I need to lose weight so my knees don't hurt so much and so my blood pressure comes down. I guess the camera people carry their medications and testing equipment i.e. diabetes comes to mind.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
while it is possible to be over weight and healthy, it is not common.

New season of This Is Us will be starting in app. couple months. Chrissie Metz looks bigger on the interview shows I've seen this summer. I'm sure her health is carefully watched, but still . . . .

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I feel like Dateline took an episode of Survivor and decided to dramatize anything and everything to make 10 minutes last for 2 hours. Not sure I will make it through another episode.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Checking this out so I can see what it is about.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I liked the first show, but will need to see how it develops. It moved a little slow but the intro shows are always complicated since you don't know anyone yet.