TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 12, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Castaways - ABC: Archive through September 12, 2018 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
agree. it was better than I expected because I didnt think I would like it.

you can really tell the difference between this and survivor in regards to film quality. survivor is like 4k HD and this was like regular tv

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
For sure.. Survivor beats all for scenery and slithery snakes and cute crabs. And high quality video.

They had to be following people to film them, so I guess they would try to save them if they were overcome while šŸŠ swimming.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, August 13, 2018 - 3:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I watched my recording last night and while it is different, I'm going to give it another week or two. I don't know if it will be able to hold my interest.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I'm going to give it another couple weeks too, Lexie.

I was disappointed in a way. I'm a huge Alone and Naked and Afraid fan.

I watch these shows more for the survival aspect rather than their personal struggles in their real lives.

As of the first show I was not intrigued or smitten by anyone on the cast.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I've never watched Alone or Naked and Afraid so I have nothing to compare it to.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Naked an afraid has a camera crew filming the people every day, they are not supposed to interact,but they do give them antihistamines, and other things and have been suspected of putting food nearby for them to catch - like turtles and other slow or injured creatures.

Alone has people film themselves, but is mostly notable because there is minimal to no narration.

the down side is starvation is a big part of both these shows. Since they are hiding food packs and clean water for these people I don't think that will be an issue.

Sabot

08-08-2018

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sabot a private message Print Post    
None of them seem to know much about what they should take or do. On the alone show, I'd want the machete, as big a double hammock as I could get, made out of 11-strand 750 paracord, and as big a metallized tarp as they'd let my partner bring. The hammock provides cordage, can peel off the outer sheathing for lashing things and use the inner strands to make fishline and netting. make gorge hooks and trotlines. CAn make snares and net-sapling framed traps for birds. The tarp furishes shelter from the rain. At night, cover it with 3" of dry debris and roll up in it. Bed your fire's coals so that it lasts all night with no further attention being required. Make a little primitive shelter for the fire and keep it dampened down. You can cut a chunk of the tarp for stone boiling water in a hole in the ground. Make a bow drill for fire out of the hammock's cordage of course. Make garments for your privates with chunks of tarp. Make belts out of the tarp and cordage, and slings for your clubs/spears, so you can carry them with your hands free. Make a backpack, too.

In a really wet area, if there's frangible stones, might want the ferrorod instead of the machete. Make a hoku knife and stone adze. If possible, take the Leatherman Signal multi-tool, cause it's got a ferrorod and blade sharpener built into it.

Sabot

08-08-2018

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sabot a private message Print Post    
what 10 items would you take for the Alone show? here is the list that you can choose from. The rations have been cut from 5 to 2 lbs each, you can take 2 max. The gillnet size was cut from 150 sq ft to 75 sq ft, too.

here is the season 4 gear list. a few things are inaccurate, cause you no longer can bring a teammate.
https://www.history.com/shows/alone/articles/gear-list

bring the new condor e tool with saw edge, the leatherman crunch multitool (modified to have another file blade) Bring one of Chief Aj's slingbows. You get 9 arrows, so bring 6 of them with 4-tined fishing heads, and flu flu fletching, and have 3 with broadheads. Bring the 3 lb block of salt, the rope hammock (2 person) so you can unravel it and make a LOT of netting). bring the 12x12 tarp (if they wont let you cut up the 20x20 tarp). You are also given a 10x10 tarp. If they WILL let you cut up the 20x20, then bring a heavy duty sleeping bag instead of the tarp. If they wont let you bring the rope hammock, then bring the paracord instead, and a regular hammock. Bring the big roll of duct tape,and the 5 qt skillet and lid (amazon)

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Okay, I'm out. About twenty minutes in, we were still trying to figure out what the point is. Are they suppose to last a certain amount of time? Is it simply a growth exercise?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Kappy... I'm done too. It's just not holding my interest. I need immunity and reward challenges and people voted off the island. I need former Bachelor and Bachelorette contestants slutting it up in Mexico. I need people racing around the world ... and most of all I need trashy Housewives and stuffs.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think it will get more interesting as they get into groups and have to negotiate who does what, etc. Maybe?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I've watched just a few minutes of it....not interested enough to go further. Then, I switched over to "Making It" with Nick O. and Amy Poehler, which just tickles me to death watching.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
heh too many sad stories, tied of the big guy, yes you felt abandoned sorry but there is only so much. sheesh boring. the guys swimming over was interesting, swimming back was funny, but too much before story not enough now stories.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
LOL Lexie. And yes, Kooklie - I too switched over to "Making It". It's not that great but at least the two hosts are adorable humans.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I'm thinking Nick and Amy could be a comedy team!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I'm watching it and will probably continue. Certainly slow moving. More of the same week to week. Something has to happen??

About the show. Link

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So do we know what the point of the show is? I am curious because I keep watching to see what is supposed to happen.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 4:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Same here.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
according to some articles, the last one out there wins something = money most likely.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Anyone know how many episodes?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
This show was a little better. I'm not big on the interspersing of family life versus island life. Give us the bios/background and then focus on the island. This back and forth annoys me.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I started to watch the 3rd episode, until I realized that I didn't really care about any of these people. I felt like I was just watching random clips of people whining about how hot it is. Don't know these people, don't care. I'm done.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
I guess I am the only one watching...lol. So many people have quit. It is surprising. Not the ones that have goten injured but just the ones that said, ok, Iā€™m done.
I am shocked about the 2guys that teamed up early, then when another guy came they just about refused to feed him. Blamed him for not coming to find them sooner when he did have some food. I guess they wanted to eat his food, but he cannot eat their food, or at least as much as they do. Really sad and I think they will be ashamed or see how they acted. Who knows how any of us would react in this situation but we have seen that other pair be very giving. Interesting portrayal of human behavior.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I tried again and watched last night because nothing else was on. Still don't see where this is going. Obviously, there are people around them to film and get quick medical attention when they leave. But, the whole thing seems a bit odd to me. Were the 2 guys hiding food from the 3rd? They hardly showed the lady who is by herself. Most of the focus seemed to be on the guy and the girl and the 3rd one who came and then decided to leave.

Also, the flashbacks to life back at home bug me...... not sure why.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm still watching! There is another show on tonight, so make sure you don't miss it!

Iluvreality - yeah, I was not very happy with how they treated that other guy. He was working as hard as he could, find a way to use him in whatever ways he can work.

Kooklie, I agree... I wish they would focus less on back stories and more on interactions. But maybe since they scattered folks everywhere they dont' have enough of that?