TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Final Twelve: viewer voting begins

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: X-Factor III: Final Twelve: viewer voting begins users admin

TAR23
The X-Factor (on FOX)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through December 06, 2013Kitt25 12-06-13  12:35 pm
Archive through December 18, 2013Texasdeb25 12-18-13  8:53 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
They continue to push these backstories on all of these shows so I guess they must think it appeals to certain viewers. I think it was Katy Perry guesting on American Idol a couple of seasons ago who gave me one of my all time favorite judging moments. They introduced a contestant with a long sad story and her comment was something like "Yes that is very sad but can he sing?".

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 - 10:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
What I don't get is if Carlito is supposedly SO talented, then I'm sure Paulina and others would mentor him.. he sounds like if he doesn't WIN this competition, the earth will open up and consume him and his entire family.

Alex and Sierra.. yes I wouldn't have pitted Leona against (or with) Sierra.. too much contrast and would have been difficult.

I do hope they pull off a win.

--
I was reading today in the paper that Simon had ideas for next season which will change his role and bring in all new judges.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Simon has been tweeting quite a bit since the show ended last night. Things about how a light bulb went off in his head the other week regarding changing the show format. Also it seems Demi won't be back (and probably the others will be gone as well).

A duet with an existing male/female duo is usually awkward (LOL that doesn't even make sense). It's almost like one of them becomes a third wheel and unfortunately that was Sierra in that particular performance.

With respect to Carlito, you would think that a talented person could make it in the business with this kind of showcase, regardless of whether or not they win. However, most of these performers just seem to disappear once the show ends. It just shows how hard it is to make it in that business.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I see Carlito going into the Latin music market.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Alex & Sierra seemed more like backup singers when they sung with Leona. They will probably win, but I really enjoyed Jeff's performances last night. I wish for Jeff to win, but would be fine with an Alex & Sierra win also.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
According to another website, Simon is happy.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
And the winners of the X-Factor are Alex and Sierra. Jeff was second and Carlito was third. Pretty much as expected and I'm happy with those results (though I would have been okay with Jeff winning).

I'd just like to see anyone from these shows make a career out of this after the show ends. It seems Fifth Harmony is having some success but the previous American winners as far as I know have completely vanished. Tate didn't even get a mention on tonight's show.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
And the first winner, the most I remember her doing is a Pepsi commercial. I hope all of these peops are more successful.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think when they endlessly ask these people what a win would mean, some of them are really thinking of that money.. Carlito in one of the clips mentioned his parents not working.. which, unless they are disabled, would NOT be a good thing.. of course money could buy things for them and it sounds like a home would be one of them.

Jeff mentioned his son wanting to be a doctor so he needs the money because he's a musician/singer.

I don't see this as a scholarship contest for the children of the contestants.

ALL of then made connections, now it is up to them.

I didn't think Tate should have won last year, but it IS odd that they never mentioned him.. seems he has an album out on one of Simon's labels, so that is even more strange.

http://www.cmt.com/news/country-music/1707180/x-factors-tate-stevens-faced-avalanche-of-success.jhtml

And he had a video at the Grammys.. I think on a commercial. I read that.. don't actually remember it.

Fifth Harmony and Leona Lewis of course have done ok for themselves..

And that little girl who was sent home due to the judges and collapsed, got a show but haven't heard anything since then.. remember her face, not her name.

I was happy with the order tonight.. not with the extremely bloated show and HOW MANY times do you have to ask each of them what this means to them?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Melanie Amara was season one. Googling shows that there was talk she was dropped from her contract, or not dropped but certainly haven't heard a thing about her.;

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
I couldn't watch this show it was terrible this year. Does Simon's group win every year?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
No. L A Reid was the winning mentor in season 2.

Simon is the only one to be there for all three seasons, so he's had three chances. (L A was there for season 1-2 and Demi Lovato for season 2-3)

Simon didn't win with a group in Season 1, but win a sincgle female.

L A won season 2 with a single male singer. In that season Simon's group went third.

And Simon won season 3 with a duo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_Factor_USA

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, February 07, 2014 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Thank god they put us out of their misery. Fox is reporting that the US X Factor is cancelled! YAY!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
This whole thing must have been a bit of a blow to Simon's ego.

Allietex

08-16-2002

Monday, February 10, 2014 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
From all I have heard, the X Factor does not support their winners after the show is over like AI does.

But in fairness to Simon's ego, Fox did not cancel the show until after Simon decided to leave it and return to Britian's X Factor. They said there was no X factor without him and that was why they were cancelling it.

Allietex

08-16-2002

Monday, February 10, 2014 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
I have always said that most of these contestants, even the winners will not be superstars. But if they can make a good living doing what they love to do, which is entertaining, then they are a success in my eyes.

Like Tate Stevens, who even though the winner in season 2, will probably never be a superstar, but for him, touring and singing instead of working on a road crew is what he wanted. So going on the show was a success for him.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: