TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
General Discussion

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2016: CBB - Summer Season - July 2016: General Discussion users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through July 29, 2016Kitt25 07-29-16  11:19 pm
Archive through August 03, 2016Rieann25 08-03-16  12:05 pm
Archive through August 06, 2016Kitt25 08-06-16  12:00 am
Archive through August 09, 2016Sassyza25 08-09-16  12:46 pm
Archive through August 13, 2016Kitt25 08-13-16  10:59 am
Archive through August 17, 2016Amy25 08-17-16  7:02 pm
Archive through August 23, 2016Amy25 08-23-16  4:44 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Oh you mean it's over on Friday? My, that was quick! I don't know if Ricky was entertaining enough to win Big Brother but he was certainly the most decent.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I agree Spunky - I think the only one left who should win is Ricky because he's a good guy and if they hadn't spent 20+ days fighting with Bear, Ricky could have had a chance to be entertaining (and without fighting).
I also agree with Amy regarding BB can be very successful without sex and shouting and meanness. It drives me nuts on BOTS when the audience/panel say "without characters like Bear the house would be boring". No way is that true, especially in Celeb BB. These are entertainers. They know how to put on a show without being obnoxious and when that's allowed to happen, you sometimes get to see very real people.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
One last thing that adds to CBB's downfall in my opinion is that it's so short. No one has time to recover from a bad week. I think it's possible that someone like Katie could have moved past the weirdness of this nomination reaction if she'd had more time. They've got to put themselves out there really quickly in this series - good or bad - and then boom! It's over. I know they can't make it longer, but I do love a good turn around with someone!

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
Amy - - thumbs up on your assessment of this season. I would have liked to have seen how entertaining all the other house mates may have been if they weren't drowned out by the likes of Bear and Heavy D. I wonder if Bear would have been the same had he not been automatically nominated each week. He didn't see any reason to get along with others outside his small circle since he was nominated anyway.

Not sure who I want to win. I do think Ricky is a nice guy but I do think he probably wouldn't have been too different if he was given a chance to shine. I like him but did not like that he didn't participate in the two challenges posed to him during the Christmas tasks (putting the honey and straw on him and no attempt to drink the Century eggnog). He proved to be quite boring. (Yeah, I know the eggnog would have been sickening and he probably thought nothing he would do would beat Frankie but he could have made more of a joke out of it instead of an out and out refusal).

I also hate that it was a vote to save every week. It certainly would have been a different outcome had it been a vote to evict. I don't want Marnie or Bear to win ... other than them, don't care who wins.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think Ricky is a low key guy, but he'd have had a lot more fun and therefore been more entertaining if he'd had a chance.

Today I noticed they didn't show Bear hurting Sam's eye, the thing she mentioned in her interview. And I also noticed the hands up thing - I read somewhere (DS or here??) that when they felt their space was being invaded they should lift up their hands and BB would intervene... and look who does it first, Bear, the one who's the first to do it to other people!

And Bear goes crazy when he thought he'd lost his mask, yet he constantly does similar things to other people. I so wish he'd been ejected.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I think the morale in the house was so low, because the hamsters realised that BB would let Bear do anything he wanted, with no consequences, just a lot of lame warnings.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The live tv schedule has changed from what I previously posted, its now:

Thu25 1-2pm S18E29 CBB
Thu25 2-3.35pm BOTS
Thu25 3.35-4.05pm CBB: Live from the House (on 5)
Thu25 4.05-5pm CBB: Live from the House (on 5*)

Fri26 1-2.50pm S18E30 CBB: Live Final
Fri26 2.50-4.20pm BOTS

I don't know if the long BOTS and double Live From means there's some special event tonight.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 26, 2016 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm guessing

Aubrey 6th
Renee 5th
Marnie 4th
Frankie 3rd
Bear 2nd
Ricky 1st

I would hate it if Bear won, he's at a huge advantage in the vote because all the people who like that sort of thing only have him to vote for, whereas those who don't are splitting votes between all the rest to try to top him.

Amy

07-10-2002

Friday, August 26, 2016 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
Sixth place is Frankie

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 26, 2016 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Awww poor Frankie, he so wanted to win! I can't help but like him, I know he constantly puts on a show but he tries so hard on everything, rarely is mean to anyone, and seems like he'd be a great guy if he'd just relax.

Amy

07-10-2002

Friday, August 26, 2016 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
Fifth place goes to Aubrey!

Amy

07-10-2002

Friday, August 26, 2016 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
Fourth place is Marnie!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 26, 2016 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Is the mob some of the reason Renee is doing so well?! I don't mind her, and I think she is really trying to improve the way she thinks but... I don't know that I would ever vote for her to win.

Amy

07-10-2002

Friday, August 26, 2016 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
On BOTS last night people were actually for Renee, which baffles me.

Amy

07-10-2002

Friday, August 26, 2016 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
Third place is Renee!

Amy

07-10-2002

Friday, August 26, 2016 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
Bear is getting Boos and Ricky mild cheers!

Second place is Ricky

And the Winner of Celebrity Big Brother is Bear

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 26, 2016 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Arrrrrrrggggggggg!

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Friday, August 26, 2016 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Well. Disappointing but not wholly unexpected. Emma seemed kinda angry during her interview with Bear even tho she said he'd won her over.
I can only hope I don't have to see Bear in anything else anytime soon.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 26, 2016 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know what he could really do, he can't be controlled and I'd have thought any producer would see that. He's have to be on some reality show with no rules or even expectation of any coherent plotline.

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
Ughhhhhhhh .... it was a disappointment seeing Bear win but not unexpected. I was happy that Marnie didn't get second or third.

Not sure why but the YouTube I watched of BOTS didn't show Sam singing with Marnie and Lewis having an argument in the background. I read it in the comment section that Sam was terrible. Can anyone confirm?

I really didn't enjoy this season with Bear and I am afraid his win will just give all future 'celebrities' and regular housemates the idea that acting the fool and bully will be the way to go to win. If that is the case, I'll be done with UKBB which is sad since I like it so much better than the USBB.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I had the feeling Bear would be the winner, that he kept me interested in continuing viewing was a good reason and maybe the UK viewers also felt that way. He did put on a show, he outshined diva Frankie and he kept an edge to the whole season that was interesting.

I don't know how he is in the real world, but I hope his role in the BB house was just an act that in real life he's really a nicer person, but winning was mostly because he kept the viewers on edge and were curious of what he would be doing next. Well, I don't mind. I liked his artistic side and maybe in real life is an interesting fellow.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 11:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm still not looking at the posts above yet because all I have left to watch is the finale, which I will do tomorrow.

I just had to finally say that I don't know how any of them kept their sanity with Bear in the house. And when all four of them, Bear, Marnie, Lewis, and the hooker, were all in the house...OMG, I am shocked there wasn't wasn't a murder. I've never seen such bad behavior by adults, even during season 5 with Shilpa Shetty and Jade Goody.

I'm almost scared to see who wins tomorrow. It better not be Bear or Frankie. Although I am having a feeling Frankie has the best chance. Yuck.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 11:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
btw, I laughed when they were congratulating the American house mates saying Americans never made it to finals before....I guess they never watched before.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, September 12, 2016 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think it was the worst Celebrity BB house by far. I'm sure I couldn't have lived there, there was just nowhere to hide.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 12, 2016 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wow, I can't believe Bear won. I am in shock. The only good thing about the finale is Frankie only made it to 6th place.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 12, 2016 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I feel even worse about the winner now that when I watched the finale earlier today. I feel it parallels the US election process this year.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Pretty bad, huh? He was lucky in that if you separate voters into people who like the kind of Bear/Lewis/loud boom guy drama and those who don't, then those who don't split their votes between the five other guests, and those who do all voted for Bear.

Apart from the usual paid appearances at nightclubs, he's already forgotten about, so I guess it doesn't matter in the end.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert HG Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: