TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 03, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2016: CBB - Summer Season - July 2016: General Discussion : Archive through August 03, 2016 users admin

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Sassyza, I watched two shows and in both of them, Renee was Mad and when she couldn't sleep, said, "You don't want to see me without sleep." She's working up to a big fight.

Spunky stated:
Kitt, I guess you're right, they may not have better things to do, but that lady Saira, I think, wants out because she misses her kids and so she is first nominated.

Spunky, Saira is playing the game. I think she told him she missed her kids to get nommed and have immunity. Clever. It worked like a charm.

Biggins doesn't know the people he noms actually get immunity, does he?

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
No, Cricket, Biggins doesn't know. If he's worked it out as a twist then he hasn't let on. He is pretty savvy about the show but I don't think he's figured that part out yet.
I like that there are a lot of older HMs, but I think it's going to definitely divide quickly between young and older. Hope James goes soon he seems miserable!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Biggins had to assign labels to the other hms today so that BB could punish or reward those hms somehow.

Least talented: Bear and Lewis - they had to play a pantomime donkey costume when the donkey brays

Most egotistical: Frankie - had to prepare a presentation "10 things I love about me and you should too"

Trashiest: Marnie and Heavy D - have to go through BB's rubbish

Most iconic: Sam - the pod was renamed in her honour

They seemed to take it well but I think it's going to accentuate the young/old divide.

Then he has to spill a drink over his next nominee and say he feels star struck around them. He chooses Lewis so he is immune.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
So, the old man, Biggins, still doesn't know that Big Brother is playing tricks on him, he thinks he's nominating but they're getting immunity. I can't wait to see what he'll say when he finds out.. He's so proud of his missions and then it's all a big prank by Big Brother.

There is one fellow, I think it's James, who rarely laughs or smiles at some jokes by the others and there was a brief discussion with Saira about religions and some good points were made.

I don't mind Lewis, he's not pompous or snob like Bear, he can take a joke and he seems fun.

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
Hey Spunky...do you ever watch Big Brother Bit on the Side? They were discussing Biggins on Friday night and I think the consensus is Biggins probably knows exactly what is going on. I think as soon as Aubry went over to him when he came from the DR and said Kiss me on the lips, that sealed it and he knew. He is too much of a fan to let them know he knows or get mad about it.

(There is a short clip on You Tube that I imagine will be on tonight's show. I won't spoil).

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
OMG....how can Renee look in a mirror and think she looks good. Actually, how can she pull down her pants to show others her fat-filled butt and be quite proud of it?

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Yes, I suspect he must know what's going on by now, but he's having a lot of fun, he likes Big Brother's sneaky game.

Not only the plastic bum of Renee but Frankie's bum as well, don't think he would have done that at BB USA, in UK they don't even blur... :-) and Lewis gave us his full frontal as well.. wow!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought the camera was a bit off when it focused on Frankie. He was clearly trying to change without showing too much, and the piece was on the people talking behind him, but they kept on using the shot where there was a chance Frankie would slip and we'd see his willy. I thought the standard has always been if people are trying to change discreetly the camera gave them privacy, and only if they clearly didn't care would the camera go on them.

They changed camera shot to get Lewis too, he'd turned away from everybody. I thought it was all a bit unnecessary.

Yeah, I think Biggins knows. As well as Aubrey wanting a kiss there was something a bit revealing before (forgotten what it was now) that I think would have made him wonder. But Biggins is good humoured about everything, whether he knows or not he will take it well.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
So Big Brother told Biggins in the DR while everyone was watching but he did seem surprised, so how could he have known before? Anyway, he came out of the DR laughing and everyone laughing, but just when I was starting to wonder why this group is so happy, we see Saira arguing with Bear and she is offended, but I did not understand what was the big deal with Bear and Saira... the phone booth challenge was funny, it seems this year we see a lot of phone booths, like in the US version, never saw that before.

If only I could understand them a bit better, only when Andree talks and also Frankie I get a bit of what's going on. (I do understand Biggins, though, funny that!)

Amy

07-10-2002

Monday, August 01, 2016 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
Nominations

Frankie - James and Grant
Lewis - James and Rickie
Sam - Bear and Marnie
Chloe - Katie and James
Grant - Renee and James
Biggins - Marnie and Grant
Marnie - James and Frankie
James - Grant and Bear
Renee - James and Grant
Heavy D - James and Renee
Saira - Bear and Grant
Rickey - Grant and James
Aubrey - Grant and James
Katie - Grant and James
Bear - James and Ricky

Up for eviction are:

James and Grant

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 01, 2016 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
If he did know he'd pretend to be surprised anyway, he's a big performance guy and would do what makes everyone look good. But whether he did know or not I don't know, but I don't think what he says or does can be taken at face value, as he knows the show, and what the producers want from the show, so well.

I think Saira is quick to be offended and slow to realise she could offend. I don't think she necessarily means to upset people, she just doesn't bother to think, which isn't much better. Like asking Heavy D how long since he's exercised, how insulting is that!? See a big person and assume they sit on their behind all day. Same thing with asking Bear if he's ever hit anyone, why would you ever ask someone that!?

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, August 01, 2016 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
So that was the argument with Saira.. at first, when she was having a conversation on religion some good points were made and I thought she must be a nice person. So, she lacks a bit of diplomacy but she should know how to approach people, in her line of business.. like show business, right? It's a bit passive aggressive and she should be more careful or it will get worse for her.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 01, 2016 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, Loose Women is a bit like The Talk or the View, they bring a subject up and talk to someone and then they all discuss it. I haven't seen episodes with her but I'm guessing she's one of the attack dogs on it. It's fine to do that for your job, but people aren't going to like it if you do it in real life.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, August 01, 2016 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Who is the younger guy who talks quite a bit, but sounds like mush? His hair is light brown. I can't understand a word he is saying. Why is it some I can understand fine, but others I can't?

Kitt, do different sections of the UK have 'accents' and a different way of speaking like we do here in the U.S.?

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, August 01, 2016 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Cricket, that's funny because I can understand all the American accents but I just can't understand the UK accents, I understand Emma very well and even Biggins, and I understood very well Andy.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, August 01, 2016 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Yes, Spunky, I can't understand some of the UK accents. This guy seems hot-heated and fights with Saira all the time, but when he speaks, it's greek to me.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 01, 2016 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, there are a wide variety of accents in the UK, some are even hard for other Brits to understand.

The ones you mention as being okay to understand are the ones that are closest to BBC English (which is not so much a thing these days). Mostly educated or upper class people from around the London area and South East, or those who have tried to cultivate that accent for some reason (like they act or are presenters). Some of the accents in the South West are very hard to understand, and those in the further North.

Here's a fun little video on British accents
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyyT2jmVPAk

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, August 01, 2016 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Loved that video. Thanks, Kitt. :-)

I'm loving Biggins on this series. I also like Ricky (know him from BOTS appearances). Surprisingly, I am getting a kick out of Renee, but I suspect that won't last. Oh, I also like Samantha.

Not a fan of Stephen/Bear or Heavy D. Not a fan of both nominees, so either one can go.

Trying to give Frankie a second chance. Although I really cannot wait until he flips his lid about something. He's not used to the punishments and interference that BBUK dishes out.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm surprised by Renee too, I assumed she would be awful but she seems all right. Heavy D is sometimes sensible and sometimes over the top, so I'm not sure how I feel about him. James Whale is similar (in a different way). Sensible but he seems like he's always just about to say something outrageous or hit someone in the face.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
James and Grant in a vote to save... I think Grant goes not because James is better but because I can't see anyone paying to vote for Grant. It might be one of the least phoned in votes ever!

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
I'm having a bit of a time understanding Heavy D and Bear but I don't particularly care what they have to say anyway.

I think what Bear, Lewis and HeavyD did to James was bullying. I wish James had just yelled out to BB to do something about it instead of pouring the coffee on Bear. He was pushed but still shouldn't have done it. I can't help but think in other seasons Big Brother would have called out their behavior with a warning. Same with Marnie shaking her breasts in Saira's face. Didn't a housemate thrust his junk in another housemate's face and was thrown out of the house for it? Seems to me to be double standards.

The icing on the cake is there are only being two nominees up because to have put up three or four would have meant Bear and Marnie up there. It's obvious BB doesn't want either one of them out so limited the nominees to only two.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Bear is the guy I can't understand. In addition to his dialect he seems to have a slight speech impediment...kind of like a sloshy 's' if that makes sense?

I loved Bears' pink/rose sweatshirt (with a butterfly on it) and shorts outfit today. Were those his clothes or did he borrow them from one of the girls?

LOL @ Saira saying she thinks Bear is decent underneath and then he's badmouthing her in the house. Leave it to Renee to keep the feud going. She's in her element... all the while saying it needs to stop. Yeah, right.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Bear was funny when Renee said come to bed, he really seemed to think it was a proposition rather than a suggestion! Other than that I don't like him at all.

And Heavy D just seems to get pleasure in winding people up, then laughs at them.

Bit of a change from mostly nice summer BB, I'd like some quick evictions (Bear, Heavy D, James).

I think James is definitely going home now, he's been pretty unbearable and in a two way vote saving Grant, though boring, evicts James.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Aubrey is on her final warning after a pretty gross incident...they should have tossed her I think.

http://www.bbspy.co.uk/cbb18/news/0803/aubrey-oday-gets-formal-final-celebrity-big-brother-summer-2016-warning-spat-in-sandwich-tea-eaten-by-stephen-bear

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Ick!

And she tries to say it wasn't malicious and a joke. Puhleeze.