TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
3rd Show, Oct 5

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXIV: 3rd Show, Oct 5 users admin

"It's All in the Details"

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

Germany -> Austria -> Italy

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through October 10, 2022Lexie_girl25 10-10-22  4:04 am
Archive through October 11, 2022Sincebb125 10-11-22  12:52 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 11, 2022 - 1:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I really don't keep my phone on in the car by choice. I'm unhappy that the new app American Cancer Society is using wants us to text when we leave home, and arrive, etc. In the past I could set everything up ahead of time from my home phone. I mostly have my cell for emergencies and texting from home using wifi, but of course it is with me all the time in case I do need it.

I was happy when they disallowed the begging and for years not it doesn't seem like they create money issues for them.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, October 11, 2022 - 1:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
It's true that everything seems to necessitate having a cell phone and providing your cell # now.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 11, 2022 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yep and that is rather costly financially for some underserved groups including many seniors. It cuts people off from services, too.

And having to give a cell number means that number gets shared or sold and those spam calls impact those people.

Also some people will only text now, no email.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, October 11, 2022 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I balk at the request from a business that asks me to take a photo of an important document and text it to them!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, October 12, 2022 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Juju AR tonight a Firenze.... can't wait! All my friends who grew up with me there are watching it too!

Alittlebirdie

09-08-2006

Wednesday, October 12, 2022 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alittlebirdie a private message Print Post    
I've lived in France and England, and when we travel to Europe (every 2 years), I always rent a stick shift, as it's less than 1/2 the cost of an automatic. If your first car was an old VW Bug (which was everyone's first car in the 60's and 70's) you can drive anything . . . even an old French 2CV with the gear shift on the dashboard!
And in England, having the gear shift on the left side is way easier for me, as I'm left-handed.

I made it a point to teach our son to use a stick shift (he's 33 now) just in case he ever decides to apply for AR (!), or if he's in a Woody Allen Sleeper situation, as most air cooled vehicles have stick shift and they are the only cars that start up after sitting idle for 100 years.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, October 13, 2022 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Sincebb1! I recognized several of the piazzas, and of course the bridge with the houses on it. Did you ever get to go into one of those houses? And who could go to Firenze and NOT go to that amazing overlook?!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 13, 2022 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL, Alittlebirdie, I learned to drive a stick on an old VW bug... so maybe that's why I see it as doable. I owned a Karmen Ghia too!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, October 13, 2022 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I learned to drive on a "3 on the tree" in an old Ford 150 and drove nothing BUT a stick until I was over 30. When I went to Spain, I rented a car w/manual transmission b/c it was cheaper. I ended up with a diesel Alpha Romeo - SWEET car!! - and it took me almost 5 minutes to figure out reverse the first time ... and I SPOKE Spanish! LOL

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, October 13, 2022 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
My first car I bought for myself was an original VW bug, I think 1969, and it might have cost around $1699 brand new. And then in 1971 I bought myself (and my new husband) a brand new bright yellow original bug CONVERTIBLE for around $2100. We were SO cool in that thing.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, October 13, 2022 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Juju Ponte Vecchio only has had shops on it. At first there were fishmonger, butcher and generally foodstuffs since it was consider the market. The stench was such that they decided to have goldsmiths only.

Above the bridge the Medici built a corridor so they could travel from their Palace to their work without mingling with commoners. The Vasari corridor is 1 kilometer long. They didn't walk it though....they had a little 2 person carriage that would transport them. It is now a museum.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 13, 2022 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
My dad was anti bug (no frame) and since he worked for Ford we had a series of Fords, Mercurys, one TBird, one Continental, one Edsel (which was actually a favorite.. we kept the Edsel for 2 years, also the TBird). Mom had a Falcon, which they gave me at 6 years as a wedding gift and then she got a Mustang, which wasn't her favorite because it was a two door and those doors were heavy and mom was small and by then starting to feel the effects of emphysema. His lease program and discounts made having a new car every year actually more affordable than keeping them. After he retired he kept the same Monarch for too many years. They were all huge and when I started driving I hated driving them on vacation. So after a few years of the Falcon, we got our first two labradors and got a Volvo wagon that could handle two dog crates and eventually put 330,000 miles. We had a used BMW Bavaria with a sunroof (which I loved) and that cornered so well and we lived way out in a canyon and there were twisty roads on the way. Since then it has been Toyota all the way.. truck, Camry and now my Prius C hybrid, which is very bright red. These days I am so happy I did get the hybrid 8 years ago because gas prices in California are insane.

But no bugs. But they were everywhere here and yes, bright yellow would be very cool!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, October 14, 2022 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure that I'm in the right thread, but I wanted to say a couple of things about the show.

1. What a selfish, self centered brat Sharik is. WOW! I was so disappointed in her.

2. I'm not sad that Rich and Dom are gone. They (mostly her) annoyed the crap out of me.

3. I"m trying to figure out how they determine when they wear their masks.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Friday, October 14, 2022 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I won’t be surprised if we hear whining from Sharik about wanting to go home next week. I was so disappointed they got to Phil before Dom and Rich. Granted Dom was a pain with chiseling the statue, but I would have been happier to see Sharik go home instead. Loved Sharik’s father though. What a trooper to put up with her.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, October 14, 2022 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

Juju Ponte Vecchio only has had shops on it. At first there were fishmonger, butcher and generally foodstuffs since it was consider the market. The stench was such that they decided to have goldsmiths only.

Yeah, SinceBb1, I knew the minute you (or somebody) said jewelry shops on the Ponte Vecchio, that that was correct. And consequently, I wasn't particularly interested in them when we visited there, although I think we did walk across the river and back.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, October 14, 2022 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
They have very beautiful things on that bridge....but in all honesty only tourist buy there. Just like many of the leather stores or markets that are specifically for tourists. You can find better prices and/or quality. So you did good! lol

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: