TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 10, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXIV: 3rd Show, Oct 5: Archive through October 10, 2022 users admin

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, October 02, 2022 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"It's All in the Details"

1 hr

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 05, 2022 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The Amazing Race
@AmazingRaceCBS
·
Oct 4
Not a minute to spare on a Mega Leg!⏰ Catch a brand new #AmazingRace tomorrow at 10/9c on
@CBS
!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, October 05, 2022 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Another episode and another "read the Freaking clue" moment! The mega legs are kind of non-climactic, but I'm glad they get to keep on racing!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 06, 2022 - 12:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah Glenda and Lamumba missed the part about driving!!

And wow, Dom is so annoying! Hopefully, Rich isn't annoyed by her less than helpful platitudes and backseat driving, but she can't read a map.

In the preview it is Sharik wanting to go home, but that is probably misdirection.

I was yelling at the screen.. what made Claire insist she could put together a motorcycle? But maybe Derek couldn't either?

The Twin that did the task was great!!!

And while I think the cheese task was probably the best choice, I took physiology and biology in HS and then physiology and anatomy at Berkeley so while that has been a long time ago, well I also watch a slew of medical programs to keep up with my knowledge. I think I could have done that. One team that hadn't finished still had the Kidney label down by the calf of the leg..

However the motorcyle build looked quite complex..

And we still have to worry about who will be eliminated.. next week in Italy.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, October 06, 2022 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
it's always the little details that trip them up in those tasks. Like how the top of the wrench dictates if it's tightening or loosening. And then the twin said the order the plastic pieces went on mattered so they fit right. So it's always frustrating to see them miss those details.

I'm surprised none of the early motorcycle teams decided to work together.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 06, 2022 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I couldn't help but notice the difference between Dom telling Rich to stay positive and not give out negative energy when he got frustrated over driving... and her own reaction of frustration when she had trouble with the map. Uh, Dom, take your own advice?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, October 06, 2022 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

I was yelling at the screen.. what made Claire insist she could put together a motorcycle? But maybe Derek couldn't either?

I suspect Claire is more mechanically oriented than Derek, and he is more the artsy component, and both know it.

I LOVED that one of the twins thought putting together the motorcycle would not be a difficult task, and then she DID it! Easily. And skipped way up in the order of arrival. Holy crapola, what was that!?!?

Oh! And Claire eventually used her intellect to figure out the tool she had never seen before or used in her life. Or maybe somebody helped her, and they didn't show that part?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, October 07, 2022 - 3:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It could be that maybe before the show Derek agreed to do all the challenges that involved heights or something like that and Claire would do the rest (even though they have to do the same number of tasks). That's the only reason I can think of for her building a motorcycle.

I think that twin set a record for building a motorcycle. She blew them all away.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, October 07, 2022 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
JuJu, It looked like when she was rewatching one of the demos the guy adjusted his socket wrench to make it go the opposite way and she picked up on that. At least that's what I thought I saw. I was pretty exhausted when I watched it last night. LOL

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 07, 2022 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Actually Derek and Claire said that while Claire is terrified of heights, a lot of the height tasks involve just jumping off something so they agreed that CLAIRE would do those, saving Derek for strength. Uh, not sure if that was wise but they mentioned that in their second podcast/stream thing.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 07, 2022 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I really want to hear them talk about this leg, but maybe they have to wait until after next week when the megaleg is finished.. Aieee! I want more content from them.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, October 07, 2022 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
You know, I was trying.. but Dom gets on my last nerve LOL just like the rest of you

You know it was weird. I got confused. The city they were in was Bologna. But all of the racers were doing their interview with Florence in the background. That's why I figured the next city that they were going to go to was Florence. They are about hour and a half away from each other. So I guess they do the interviews much later.

Can't wait for Firenze.... that's where I grew up!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 07, 2022 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Phil didn't seem to be there at all, or at least not much, so maybe he went on to Firenze..

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, October 07, 2022 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1, please be SURE to remind all of us before the Firenze leg that you grew up there, and give us some insights on what to look for. That will be really cool for us.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Saturday, October 08, 2022 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
US Weekly interview where Derek seems to slip up ever so slightly at around the 3:40 mark “halfway…uh…at a point in the race…”

https://youtu.be/_Jurl1OQSMY

Sounds like they made it…..uh….halfway at least! Maybe further, even!

I was surprised to hear that they live in Santa Monica now. Wonder where they might have gotten the money to make such a big move? Heheh

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, October 08, 2022 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Interesting Sea... I figured there had to be some sort of pre-race agreement between Derek and Claire re: what tasks she would do which ones he would do. Even though he is going to do strength tasks, it made zero sense for her to build the Ducati. I believe she was the only woman on a male/female team to build the cycle.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, October 08, 2022 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Juju I'm actually enjoying this season, exactly because it's all been in Europe, so far. I've been to all of the places they have shown so far.

I'm imagining we will get a glimpse of my mom's parents house. It is in an area of Florence often captured in photos.

Side note: When Jersey Shore went to Florence for a whole season....I got a lot of comments from my friends lol...they hated the cast. They were always drunk and making a scene. My friend threw them out of his restaurant. The mayor of Florence banished them all....

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, October 08, 2022 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Are Claire and Dereck a couple or just friends? I need to YouTube her from Big Brother since I don’t remember her.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, October 08, 2022 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Lake they are a couple and live together.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 08, 2022 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
This is the one where they described how Claire would do the height challenges. Also many flashbacks to BB scenes. I didn't realize how close they were in there.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GSer3ryu64I

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, October 09, 2022 - 5:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I get that they made an agreement that she would do height and he would do strength... but why did he think it was a good idea for her to build a motorcycle after the yodeling disaster? LOL

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, October 09, 2022 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL well they are different skill sets.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, October 09, 2022 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I thought I saw Derek answer a question on his insta and he said he would NOT have done well with the motorcycle build. Not his strength.

And they used to live in NYC, so CA probably doesn't feel as expensive to them as it would for most of us.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, October 09, 2022 - 11:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
It was crystal clear to me on last year's Big Brother that the only true soulmates were Claire and Derek and that they would live together after the show and be the ones on Amazing Race. I have no idea how others here didn't see it. I no longer have feeds, just watch the shows and follow various online forums. Crystal clear. I kinda still think they will win Amazing Race this season.

Of course, wouldn't it also be marvelous if the twins won? Well, actually I don't dislike any of them. Yet.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, October 10, 2022 - 4:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I get that they are different skill sets, but is Clare going to do all the tasks except for height?