TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Projects on the Go

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: tack The Hobby Hall: Projects on the Go users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through February 26, 2011Jmm25 02-26-11  1:59 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Karen

09-06-2004

Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karen a private message Print Post    
I have a quilt for Don I've been working on for about four years, and I've been trying to edit my wedding video for two years (through three different computers!!).

Does that count? :-)

Wargod

07-16-2001

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 12:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Very nice, Lum.

Actually, I don't have any projects going on at the moment. I'll need to get on something or other for Kota's softball team, but I've got awhile to think about that.

Lumbele

07-11-2002

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lumbele a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Jmm and War!
Karen, sure it counts. Just post pix of the progress, however slow.

Last night, I just couldn't sit still in front of the TV. I had been knitting constantly since early September and suddenly my hands were idle. So out came the yarn for a pair of gloves to match above hat. This is as far as I got:

gl

The sweaters were a looooooooooot of work, but I still enjoyed knitting them.
Usually I *reeeeeeaaally* dread putting the pieces together, but I got a DVD from Knitting Daily for Basics and Beyond (it's been about 4-5 decades since I learned to knit; many new techniques, and most of them easier.LOL) where they showed how you can just crochet the seams together. They suggested that to strengthen the shoulders of sweaters.
Hey, if it's good for the shoulders, why not the rest of the piece as well, eh? Since they are heavy sweaters, a little bit of a thicker seams doesn't matter. It was easier, albeit not quite as fast as I had imagined.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, March 14, 2011 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    

Well this is a quilt I am working on. It's kinda of willy nilly on my "board" I tack my squares up so I can look at it as I go by and move stuff around til I'm satisfied. In the end each square is going to be cut down to 14", I am putting a window pane around each square, then 2 different outside borders around the whole thing. I'm going to make the window edge effect in something solid I think as I have used so much colour and pattern.

I knit everyone a pair of socks for Xmas and I am still knitting them when someone asks for a pair, I really like knitting them, don't ask me why. I am taking a one day, afternoon course on the 26th to learn to make mittens.

Lumbele

07-11-2002

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lumbele a private message Print Post    
Wow, Jasper, that is one beautiful quilt!!!!! And so detailed! One of these days, I'll have to try making a piece. Just a small one, mind you, because I don't have a clue.

For nearly 35 years, I have had this European shopping basket. Sometime along the way, the lining busted and I really didn't like taking it out any more, because the once covered part was much darker than the part exposed to the light.

Since I am forever looking for this and that while knitting something, I decided to make it into a mobile crafts station, easy to take to knit night.

A real sewer would probably have done it in a flash, but it took me, a real novice, forever.
Dont think there was one mistake that I left out, but I am still quite happy with the outcome.

one side

other side

inside

Suz

10-13-2005

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Suz a private message Print Post    
Lumbele, you now have a very pretty craft station basket. I love it.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, March 18, 2011 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Very handy Lum!

I am a pretty novice sewer as well, but I do love working and just playing with the fabrics. This is only my second quilt. I took a class and we learned the ins and outs of two different squares one or two Saturdays a month and then went home and did them. There was only two of us and our fabric choices could not have been more different. It was fun to look at at each meeting to see how different the same pattern could look. I have two page handouts of diagrams, cutting and sewing instructions for each square, perfect for learning. If you ever want them just let me know.

My mom just gave me a whole whack of yarn, needles patterns etc on Thursday. She has had to give up knitting. I don't know how to read patterns as of yet so I think a sweater is out of my element for now.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I am done!

Christy358

07-10-2007

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Very beautiful. Sewing machines hate me, so I very much admire quilts.....

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Jasper, that's awesome!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That is beautiful.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Absolutely beautiful, Jasper.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Whoa! Gorgeous! Good work!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Absolutely beautiful work Jasper, but I'm not sure I would call myself a "sewer" if I was you...because that is the word for where the stuff goes out of the toilet. I think the proper term would be "seamstress." Just sayin...(and for the most part just kidding!).

Biloxibelle

12-21-2001

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biloxibelle a private message Print Post    
Such beautiful work Jasper!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Thank you all! It was a lot of work but very enjoyable. A great learning experience. My dh has taken it overseas to give as a wedding gift to his cousin.

Roxip - it is unfortunate that it is the same spelling, but "sew"er is right as well. If I ever graduate beyond straight lines I may upgrade to seamstress!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
lol...straight lines are a problem for me ... my sewing skills are closer to the SOOOWER than the sewer.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: