TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 26, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: tack The Hobby Hall: Projects on the Go: Archive through February 26, 2011 users admin

Lumbele

07-11-2002

Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lumbele a private message Print Post    
p 467

Just started a sweater dh picked out. He chose a yarn colour called "Hazy Purple" (which means there are faint green, red and blue tones hidden in the purple; the names they come up with!).
It's an easy pattern,(great for anyone who wants to practice purling. Ack!) which has already given me ideas as to what other texture patterns one could use. But I am definitely getting ahead of myself. Knitting for a big, tall guy takes lots of stitches and time.

So, what's on your project table?

Lumbele

07-11-2002

Monday, October 25, 2010 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lumbele a private message Print Post    
For War:

These are the 2 sweaters I cranked out for Molly. The raspberry one on the left is still a bit too big for her and the green/yellow one on the right is a touch short because I put in purl rows. Although I blocked it, it still contracts some. Another lesson learned.

dog sweaters

This is the pattern pic for dil's b'day jacket. I used "fig" as the main colour and a grey mix for the stripes.
Unfortunately, I didn't have time to take a pic. Time constraints demanded it being wrapped and delivered the moment it was finished. I cut that one dang close.

C's sweater

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, October 25, 2010 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
LOL that is funny, I can think of a number of times I was finishing up a project as I was walking out the door to deliver it! It's quite the rush, lol.

I love Molly's sweaters, they are great! I also like the pattern for your dil's sweater. It looks very detailed.

Knightpatti

12-05-2001

Monday, October 25, 2010 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
Nice!

Lumbele

07-11-2002

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lumbele a private message Print Post    
Thanks, War and Patti!

Actually, dil's sweater pattern is quite simple, if only there hadn't been a mistake in it. That's why I ended up knitting the upper body part twice. Otherwise, I could have delivered the present earlier in the day, even d a y s earlier - no problem.LOL My advice, never smile too early when someone picks the easiest of suggested patterns! Ack!

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Heh, it's a curse, you look at a project and think oh man, that will be so easy! And then halfway through you find yourself frustrated to near tears and considering setting your easy project on fire!

Lumbele

07-11-2002

Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lumbele a private message Print Post    
This is a better dog sweater because it goes closer to the body. The first two were cotton and just meant as a "skin" since Molly had been practically shaved.
This one is a wool blend and much warmer, needed around here these days, too.

This pic is a little blurry. The pattern is textured and was fun to knit. I'll be donning the hat soon to go shopping.

Lumbele

07-11-2002

Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lumbele a private message Print Post    

Just finished....dil's hat (she wanted one that goes way down over the ears. So for fun, I cabled some braids on to it which she can let hang as intended or tie if needed), cowl and mittens to match the jacket I made for her for her birthday (pattern upthread).

This is *her* dog, now sporting a matching sweater.

Mumble's sweater matches a toque and cowl I made for *his* master (ds) a couple of years ago.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Those are really great, Lum. Love the braids.

Heyltslori

09-15-2001

Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heyltslori a private message Print Post    
Oh I love those hats, especially the one with the braids Lum!! You do really nice work.

I wonder if the guy in the pic at the top of the page would come to my house to model it for me?

Wargod

07-16-2001

Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Those look terrific, Lum, I love the matching sweater!

One of Caleb's buddys came over last week and he was wearing a knit hat that goes down over the ears. The part that goes down ended in a thick rope that hung to his shoulders. I cracked up cuz it fits his style. We went to the craft fair thing last weekend and I was surprised to see those hats everywhere! The ones I saw were just like Caleb's friends, the thick knit rope, no braids. I think the braids are cuter.

Lumbele

07-11-2002

Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lumbele a private message Print Post    
Thanks, guys! This year, I really went all out w/ home-made stuff. It looks like I am the only one, though; feels like I am hogging the thread.

Nobody else has a project on the go?

Lori, if he comes to model for you, don't stick him in the closet, ok? I might like to share with my sister.

We decided to take it easy today, but just sitting in front of the tube didn't feel right, so I dug out some scraps to try out different slipper patterns. We have laminate floors, so when ppl come over and take off their shoes, in winter their feet get cold, in summer I have footprints all over. Never made this type, but like to learn something new.

slippers with soul

Jmm

08-15-2002

Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I'm going to start tomorrow to make Bailey a set of Christmas ornaments. I have pictures of Melodie in front of our Christmas tree every year and I'm going to date them and put them into glass balls. I'll post pics when I'm finished.

Lumbele

07-11-2002

Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lumbele a private message Print Post    
Oh, looking forward to seeing the results. Knitting and crocheting comes fairly easily to me, but "crafts", weeeeeeellllllll....LOL

Wargod

07-16-2001

Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 11:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I'm the opposite Lum, knitting and crocheting (along with sewing) intimidate me, lol.

Our only project the last few days has been the marshmellow shooters for Christmas. Tonight, Darren made up a nifty contraption to put them on and spray paint them. Heh, I even had an OMG LOL moment when Darren oh so carefully shook up the can of spray paint, aimed it at them, and pressed the button...only to spray paint himself! He had the nozzle pointing straight towards him, lol.

a

The shooters are the white pvc pipe parts, the grey pipe is just what they are sitting on so he could spray paint them.

b

They need another coat of paint. Actually, they need to be flipped upside down and have the bottome parts painted, but he couldn't do that while they were wet. Tomorrow we'll do the second coat of paint and then when they're dry, the kids will add some decorations and the cousins names on them with paint pens.

Lumbele

07-11-2002

Monday, December 20, 2010 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lumbele a private message Print Post    
Your Darren is a very practical dude, War, even if he ended up blue-faced.LOL There will be a lot of marshmallow-ducking going on at your and your family's houses over the holidays.

Lumbele

07-11-2002

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lumbele a private message Print Post    
Taaaaa-Daaaaaaaaaaaah............

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW!! You have some very lucky people coming to your house, LOL.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Lumbele, which one is mine?

They all look great!

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Those look great, Lum! Very nice job!

Jmm

08-15-2002

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 11:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Wow, they look wonderful, Lum.

Lumbele

07-11-2002

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lumbele a private message Print Post    
Thanks, guys. They really did turn out quite well, even if everyone of them had some screw-up or other. The funny thing, the worst screw-up turned out to be the prettiest imo (and I am not telling which one.LOL). Sewing *really* is *not* my forte.

Rosie, take your pick. With any luck you might miss one of the four with squeaky toys and doggie treats.

Lumbele

07-11-2002

Monday, January 24, 2011 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lumbele a private message Print Post    
Jmm, how did those ornaments turn out? Got pix?

The first pair of guest slippers is finally done. At first I used the same size needles for the herringbone soles. It was impossible, I could barely do a row at a time because my wrists hurt so badly. Then I went up a size which allowed 2 rows in between short breaks.
Let me tell ya, though. That stitch is a b to knit, but I suspect the soles will last a lot longer than any of the reuglar knit ones I have done and turfed because of holes in the sole.
Won't make many of these though. It's murder!

gs

Lumbele

07-11-2002

Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lumbele a private message Print Post    
The sweater pix have arrived.

N

dh's

H

ds's

Now come on folks, I can't be the only one with little projects on the go. What are you tackling?

Jmm

08-15-2002

Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
The sweaters are beautiful, Lum. What a wonderful talent to have.