TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 01, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Inception: Archive through August 01, 2010 users admin

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, July 23, 2010 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
More spoilers....

I thought the one character was old and Leo's was not because the one character had died. Not sure I can explain it or it makes sense to me, but he would have been in Limbo and aged due to dying on that upper level.

Oh, and I love movies that I can't really explain, but feel I understand on some level. Still wanting to believe the ending was not a dream state for Leo (especially after all he's been through in shutter island and that other movie with Kate Winslet LOL)

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Saturday, July 24, 2010 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Spoiler.....

I thought it was a dream all through the movie this is what I caught.....

When his kids call him? He is hiding in an appartment from the law and from killers but his kids can call out of thin air to chat??????

When the van rolled why did a kick not happen? There was an inner ear thing they left out so if you fall to the side you wake up. They showed us how it worked.

Nobody bleeds when shot except the guy who is with them.

I liked the movie and the special effects. But I thought it was just ok.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Saturday, July 24, 2010 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
The kids did age....they were younger at the beach with Mol and older when playing in the yard and he could not see the faces.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, July 24, 2010 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I've been reading around on other boards and my head is spinning more. Spoilers, spoilers, spoilers...

Yes, they are saying the kids did age, are wearing different clothes etc. Also, that Cobb didn't have his wedding ring on in the end, but he does when he's dreaming, so implying he's not dreaming at the end (which is the ending I like).

The phone call thing didn't bother me. I figured he's living a country without extradition. Didn't he say that. For his family to have his phone number is not illogical to me.

As for the van. I had the same question and I read an explanation that kind of works for me. The "fall" or "kick" has to come from the other level.. Or else all kinds of falls (like from the avalanche) would kick you back. Also they were under that extra sedation. It doesn't fully explain it to me, but the people trying to explain it felt they had it all figured out. LOL.

And on the other board many are insistent that the entire movie is not a dream. The question is whether the ending is him in a dream or back in reality and getting what he finally wanted. I'm going with reality.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Saturday, July 24, 2010 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I can see that. But I guess they just triggered things in my mind that the story was a dream.

My daughter said that she noticed the ring off his finger and just assumed it was his totem.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Saturday, July 24, 2010 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
The top was never his totem. It was Mollys.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, July 24, 2010 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Agreed, it's not clear what his totem was.

Neko

08-03-2001

Monday, July 26, 2010 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Neko a private message Print Post    
I assumed that after Mol died, the top became Cobb's totem, since he never referenced his own and always used hers to check to see if he was in reality.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, July 26, 2010 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought so too. It was his totem now.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Monday, July 26, 2010 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Jsut saw the film again.....at my daughters insistance.

I understood better why there was no kick from the van.

At the end of the film there is no ring on his hand. But they show his right hand not the left. Also throught the flim the ring appears and then disappears.

Oh hell I do not know. I think I am spending too much time on this.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, July 26, 2010 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Can you explain why there was no kick in the van? :-) When I was reading an explanation it made some sense to me, but I can't really explain it myself.

So, are you still thinking dream or reality? I don't think I'll be able to see it again until home video. I sure enjoyed it and love any film that can make me think this much about it!

Pamy

01-02-2002

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 5:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
my son saw this and said all of his friends were pissed at the ending,due to not knowing if real or not,,i wanted to see this but dont want to sit for 2 hrs to be let down....wht do ya all think? was 14 yr old too young to get the story?

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Probably just a personality thing Pamy. My 13 yr old dd loved it beyond all reason and wants to go see it again with her friends so they can discuss it with her.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I certainly think this film is worth seeing. The ending is not a cheat (think LOST, which I thought was a cheat). I suppose the ending could be open to interpretation as it wasn't definitely spelled out. But I can come to my conclusion quite easily that the ending was real.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
There was no kick with the van beacuse they were already on the next level. They had to have the third level kick before the second level could have a kick.

Sticking with the ending being a dream. Some things in the film just did not make sense to me.

It is worth seeing the film.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
That makes sense Pippin. They need to be kicked from the deepest level first. thanks!

Weinermr

08-18-2001

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Weinermr a private message Print Post    
Loved the film. It's worth seeing, though a bit draggy in spots. Ellen Page was great. The top became Cobb's totem. He got to see his children's faces at the end. The top started wobbling. That tells me the end was reality not a dream, and that's what I choose to believe.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Me too!

Pamy

01-02-2002

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Brenda, yeah thats why I am hesitating because I dont want another Lost let down.

thanks to all of you for your opinions, I still want to see it :-) but I think we will see Salt first

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I did not feel like they pulled the rug out from under me or took the easy way out with Inception. Felt totally cheated by the Lost ending, but not with this movie. And I think some of the visuals in this movie really demands it be seen on the big screen. The same could probably be said for Salt though (although I haven't seen it).

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
(Salt doesn't really have many big visuals, just a chase or two - was very good but doesn't really need to be seen on the big screen.)

I don't think the ending is a let down at all, that might just be a 14 year old boy needing instant gratification thing, Pamy.

Skootz

07-23-2003

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 4:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Skootz a private message Print Post    
Watched it last night....I do think however it was a bit slower at the beginning, but they needed to give us the information for the build up to the inception. I thought it was very well done (who thinks of these ideas for movies?)

The ending - well keeps you guessing by far. I thought it was funny as the crowd in the theatre let out an "ah" when it was done.

I don't go to a lot of movies, but this one I would recommend

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Chris Nolan has come out and said if you listen during the credits the top falls. It was not a dream.

I do not know how true this is.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yipee!!! Thanks Pippin. I wondered if he would clarify. Since you're saying you don't know if it's true I'm guessing this is just something you read on a board. No link to an article or anything?

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, August 01, 2010 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
My daughter saw him interviewed.