TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 18, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Handmaid's Tale on Hulu: Archive through June 18, 2021 users admin

Kaili

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 26, 2021 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaili a private message Print Post    
WOW. I stayed up late last night to watch when the episode was released. That was....a lot. Intense. And I imagine many have yet to watch so that's all I'm going to say about that.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 26, 2021 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thanks for not spoiling, Kaili! 🥰

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, May 26, 2021 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Now I'm really excited. It's recorded and ready to go for this evening.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, May 26, 2021 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I didnt realize it has been 7 yrs, I thought it was only 4.

What is Serena planning now?!

the acting by all in this ep is emmy worthy!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, May 29, 2021 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure if this season is "boring" as I found it compelling enough to binge 5 eps in a row. But there is something missing from this season. I think part of is the cinematography. Prior seasons it was breathtaking, and this season is dull, lacking color and creativity. The other part is the location -- a lot of time spent in Canada which is just 'normal' and not a lot in the odd and disturbing place of Gilead. Still I cannot look away and must follow these characters. It is good TV.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, May 29, 2021 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Jimmer -- this really is much watch TV. It is so well done (seasons 1-3). The acting of Moss, the visuals of this strange land, the commentary on politics and rights. It is certainly worthy of your time. It will offend you, make you sad, make you angry, and also at times make you smile.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, May 29, 2021 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think we get so many emotions watching the injustice in Gilead, when we don't see that side we feel a bit like we're missing something.

And the tension too, we know nothing bad will happen in Canada so the tension is missing.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, May 29, 2021 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Oh, good point about the lack of tension! Yes. Although I do fear some Gilead terrorists will get into Canada and try to do harm to the escapees and the children.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, May 29, 2021 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Brenda, I didnt think this last ep wasnt boring. It was so intense, the acting was stellar!

i did feel like the other eps were boring compared with previous seasons

Kaili

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 08, 2021 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaili a private message Print Post    
They acting is incredible in this show. I think covid had a lot to do with it- they cut a few episodes, had to do with few people in scenes. Given all that, I love it. Each individual episode can feel a little lacking in some ways but they build on each other so much. I just realized that at the start of this season they were at the farmhouse and really, so much has happened. Looking forward to the last two episodes of the season.

One thing I find impossible to reconcile in my mind is that Commander Lawrence (Bradley Whitford) was obviously in a lot of stuff but he was that jerk in Billy Madison!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, June 09, 2021 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I said to hubby that surely they'd have married off Nick by now, and lo and behold at the end of the show... He probably has his own handmaid.

Yes Kaili, incredible acting. This episode too.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 10, 2021 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Kitt, only if his wife in unable to conceive. They might give her a chance for a year or two before they bring in a handmaid.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, June 10, 2021 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
How are they working out which women are able to conceive? Do they give them until a certain age then give up? He originally had that - can't remember what they called her - but she was like a lower status wife. I think they thought she might be able to conceive.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, June 10, 2021 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kitt, omg didnt even think he could have a handmaid! I bet that Mrs Keys will go and be his handmaid! or Janine!

June isnt in love with Luke anymore, she is in love with Nick I feel so bad for Luke. He and Moira have more love between them

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, June 10, 2021 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, and Luke won so many points for showing her what he'd done to try to find them, and then Nick trumped him with having already found Hannah for her without even being asked to look.

Must be so hard when she and Nick have been through so much together.

If Nick just left, would he be prosecuted in Canada? I assume so, unless he could make some deal to give info.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, June 16, 2021 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I didnt know what she meant when she said what she said in the final scene. Being cryptic because I dont want to spoil until people watch

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, June 16, 2021 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think she means that she knows he can't take what she's done, and they would have to separate.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 17, 2021 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I don't remember what she said? It's okay to talk about an episode after it's aired. People who haven't watched the last episode shouldn't be peaking in here. Them's the rules!

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, June 17, 2021 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I think she said something like give me five minutes with Nicole. Her look said that she knew that there was no chance for her to be with Luke after what she did in that last episode (which was horrific.) Although she does make a great leader being able to bring along so many other women on her quest for brutal revenge.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, June 17, 2021 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, I think it was give me five minutes with Nicole and then I'll go. Seems like she was also ok with leaving Nicole with Luke, perhaps she thinks that's the most stable thing for her right now.

I'm presuming no one in Gilead knew about Fred. Apart from Lawrence and Nick and the few guards I mean. If too many people knew it would be obvious those two were double agents at the every least. But then how did Lawrence wrangle releasing the 12 women? Perhaps it's easy to lose people when they're being transferred.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, June 17, 2021 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Women mean nothing to them, so they might have not even noticed if they were gone...especially if they were in the colonies.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, June 17, 2021 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I feel so bad for Luke. Just because she feels Nicole is better off with him why does he have to take care of her kid. I wish Moira wasn't gay because I would love to see her and Luke together. They have way more chemistry than Luke and June.

June and Nick's passion is fire! cant wait for next year!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, June 18, 2021 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Luke and Moira may stay together as friends/"family" to co-parent Nicole.

Nick and Lawrence could probably justify the "execution" of Commander Waterford as punishment for his cooperation with the US government. He was giving away all their secrets to secure his own freedom. They would probably see that as a betrayal.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, June 18, 2021 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, I suppose they don’t have to tell anyone how he was executed.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, June 18, 2021 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
what were the words above his hanging body?