TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 22, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Handmaid's Tale on Hulu: Archive through May 22, 2021 users admin

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, May 07, 2021 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Didn't Nicole have sex with that other guy? Couldn't her baby be his and not the Commander's?

I loved when what's her name told the Commander to fix his own family, that she didn't have to anymore. Then you see her enjoying a sushi dinner with a can of soda.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, May 07, 2021 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Miz, I dont think she had sex with that guy

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, May 07, 2021 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Pamy, she didn't? That Canadian guy? Think he is Canadian. The one who told her she was pregnant. It would explain why she didn't get pregnant in Gilliad (sp?).

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, May 07, 2021 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
No, I dont think they did. I think the showed chemistry but nothing happened

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, May 07, 2021 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think the baby would have been conceived when Serena and Fred were on the road trip to the Canadian border and stayed at a guesthouse.

I think Serena was living free in Canada for a while (I'm sure we saw her out and about) but she is far enough along to know it's a boy, so she can't have recently got pregnant.

Yeah, not sure about the choice of getting in the milk tank! But hey, it worked out for them! I presume the city skyline we were obviously meant to recognise was Chicago? If there's a physical line between Gilead and the rest of the US, you'd think people on either side would have pulled back and let the military deal with it. Is the normal USA just one huge mess now? If so, why?

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, you are really into US politics (as I am). I think you will really like this show.

This storyline is scary, but strangely feasible in the world we live in. Many scenes are terrifying (especially for women).

Although June is the protagonist (warrior) Canada is the hero (saviour).

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
. . . watching this show when Trump was in office made it even more chilling because I thought shit with this guy in power and his crazy followers something like this could happen

Pamy, I was right there with you on that one! So scary how they made laws to take all the women's rights away. Ugh!

Kaili

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaili a private message Print Post    
Everything that happens to people in this show was drawn from a real life thing that happened somewhere in the world.

I know I'm coming in here late, but I LOVE this show, the book, and the Testaments book. :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
the ending last nite, didnt see it coming. Cant wait for next week!

Dont hate me but I have a soft spot for Aunt Lydia.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, May 14, 2021 - 4:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
That was a shock ending. I almost thought she was dreaming, but I think it was real!

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, May 14, 2021 - 4:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Aunt Lydia...Gilead is a misogynistic cult. She was indoctrinated just like the wives. It seems like Stockholm Syndrome where she identifies with the violent religious extremism that the men have created. She has now become one of the perpetrators who perpetuates the horrific things done to other women in the name of "man" (God).

Kaili

08-30-2000

Friday, May 14, 2021 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaili a private message Print Post    
Have you guys read The Testaments?

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, May 14, 2021 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Haven't read that. Is it close to the new season episodes?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, May 14, 2021 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's meant to be 15 (if I remember correctly) years after the events of the Handmaid's Tale, and it's like a recounting of what happened to several characters, told by each of them (or recounted to someone) as their testament.

I read the Handmaid's Tale during lockdown for the first time, but decided not to read the Testaments in case it spoiled anything in the show.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, May 14, 2021 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Pamy, once again I'm right there with you about Aunt Lydia. Sometimes she's incredibly evil, and sometimes she seems to really care about her "girls." I'm constantly trying to figure her out. That must be why she won the Emmy a couple of years back.

Kaili

08-30-2000

Monday, May 17, 2021 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaili a private message Print Post    
It is 15 years in the future and if you don't want to be spoiled, wait on it as Elizabeth Moss said in an interview that Margaret Atwood gave them the ending and now they have a framework of what to work toward in their storytelling. The episodes now would be kind of build up to that end but are completely independent of the book so far.

Aunt Lydia- she did say she would work with Cmdr Lawrence to fix the country. What that means exactly I don't know. Scrap it? Make it a better Gilead? Get rid of parts but keep it? I think Lydia being tortured was a bit of a turning point for her.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 17, 2021 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think Aunt Lydia, as twisted as she is, has a soft spot for June especially. The writers do a really good job of hiding her motivations from us.

Kaili

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 18, 2021 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaili a private message Print Post    
Definitely. Emily was sent to the colonies for way less than anything June ever did. I was surprised they let her walk across the bridge to the van and have that moment with Nick. Odd. Lots of witnesses.

Kaili

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 19, 2021 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaili a private message Print Post    
So episode 6...

That whole conversation with Luke and June about wedding vows and him telling her he would love the person she became even if she didn't get pregnant and her asking about his vows with his first wife being traditional (til death do us part). So important! Will he love the person June became? I think she is going to be beyond frustrated in Canada. No way will she be able to give speeches and fund raise. She's a fighter. Hopefully she will see Moira was right and that she can do more from Canada to help with the trial vs hiding in blown out Chicago buildings and trying to kill low level Gilead foot soldiers.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, May 19, 2021 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
this season is boring. I miss the interactions with the Waterfords. It is too much June and not enough of the other characters

Kaili

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 20, 2021 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaili a private message Print Post    
I'm excited for the next few episodes. There are full recap spoilers for the next two episodes. I think it's going to pick up a lot. This season is weird. I'm sure covid filming had to have some impact.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, May 20, 2021 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
oh you're right! that is why we aren't seeing more of the characters

Kaili

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 20, 2021 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaili a private message Print Post    
Yeah the number of episodes was cut short too.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, May 22, 2021 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I'm liking the season, but I wish there were more "wins" overall. Most of the time she has gone from bad to worse in her situations. Glad that she had a win in the last episode. Now maybe if she finds a way to get more children out that would be good.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 22, 2021 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm hoping Janine will show up again. She's like a bad penny.