TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 06, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Handmaid's Tale on Hulu: Archive through May 06, 2021 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
agree it was a satisfying finale. Serena should have never let Fred know she set him up, he got her back! hahha

how is June going to explain being shot. Also how will the others explain the missing kids? is it next season yet?!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
If this were to be the series finale, I would be very satisfied with it. Alot of tears were shed watching it.

Oh Serena! Everytime she said "my child", I would think "um no, it's NOT!" So entitled! Even when they're war criminals, they're put up in what looks like a fancy hotel.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Meant to add in my post that I loved the girl from Lexington recognizing her Dad and being reunited with him.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
me too!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - 11:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
All the Marthas who brought children but stayed behind to help June will be in trouble... maybe they were just local ones who didn't bring children.

As long as June isn't shot too badly no one need know, but that does seem a bit impossible. And the Martha of the girl from Lexington was found only two miles from June's home, which will just reinforce Aunt Lydia's opinion that it all revolves around June.

I felt so bad for Luke, with neither June nor his daughter on the plane.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 5:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Ditto everything you all said about the season finale. Plus I wonder about the commander and wife that were killed by the Martha because they would not let her leave with the baby....did the Martha's who stayed behind clean that scene up? Will the powers that be in Gilead just think it is one more commander missing or will they find them dead in the house?

Things we want to know!

I expect next season to be a combo of both dark and light. Dark...what happens in Gilead once the children are noticed missing....and light...what is happening in Canada where the plane landed. Plus I am hoping a larger resistance builds with help from the outside.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 5:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Question....what was happening at the very beginning where we saw children with Down's syndrome?

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 6:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The very beginning was a flashback to when June and other women was first rounded up. All I saw was one woman with Down Syndrome in the room with the nude women, and it looked maybe they were separating out the women with disabilities.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure we want to think too long on what happened to the women with Down Syndrome, and the disabled women who followed them through that room. It looked to me like it was a processing facility where the fertile went one way and the infertile or undesirable went another. I can't imagine they went anywhere nice.

I might have got confused, but I thought the Martha from Lexington only drugged her commander and wife, not killed them. I thought later on they said that the wife had woken up and told them she was roofied (sp?) and her Martha had taken her child.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Next season we need closure on Nick ....Why was he placed with the Waterford's and what is his role in this organization of mad men ??

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Kitt- The first Martha to arrive (early during daytime) was the one from Lexington with the 11 year old girl who later was reunited with her dad. She had drugged her commander and wife. She was also the one to panic and leave and be caught 2 miles from where June was. A different Martha arrived after dark with a baby and said that she had killed her commander and wife because they would not let her leave.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I thought the flashback scenes June had of the captured women being hustled like cattle from cage to cage as they sorted them was very reminiscent of what the nazis did.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ah, thanks Kappy!

And on your second post, yes, I think that's exactly what it was meant to make us think of.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
I think Nick’s roll was exposed when Fred told what Serena did in order to get a baby.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, August 16, 2019 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Nick was supposed to be Fred's driver. It was Serena who had the idea that he and June should make a baby, since Fred wasn't doing the job. Kind of felt bad for Serena, but glad, too, that she got her comeuppance.

I also cringed every time she said "my baby/daughter" and thought, "No, it's not your daughter. It's June and Nick's!" So much for Hawaii.

Yes, lots of tears in this episode. Can't believe we have to wait another year for new episodes! How's June gonna get out of this mess?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, August 16, 2019 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Here's some info on where things may go for Season 4 (not really spoilers, just possible plot lines--read at your own risk):

https://www.tvguide.com/news/the-handmaids-tale-season-4-spoilers-premiere-date-casting/

Sounds like we're gonna find out more about Nick. About time! Can't wait!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 - 5:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
For those who don't have Hulu, All 3 seasons are free right now with Comcast\Xfintiy watchathon in on-demand and online. (until may 17). Usually when it's free with one tv provider, it's free with most others, so check. The other premium channel on-demand is free as well until the 17th.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 06, 2020 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was just reading that they were only in week 2 of shooting season 4 when they had to stop because of the virus, and they still don't know when they will resume shooting. So it will be a long wait for the next season.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, June 06, 2020 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes they're saying it will be 2021. Very disappointing, I'd just assumed we'd be seeing it starting very soon as it usually starts around June.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, May 06, 2021 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm part way into episode 4, "Milk", of season 4. I'm debating on whether to finish it. There's a scene where 2 characters are looking for a place to hide on a train. They pass up getting into any of the military vehicles which are being being transported on flatbed cars and instead choose to drop themselves into a freight car tank filled with liguid. Mind you they will be traveling through snow country and there's no ladder to get back out. I felt like I was watching those teens in the commercial where they choose to hide behind swinging chain saws instead of getting into a running car.

I may not make it through this season.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, May 06, 2021 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, May 06, 2021 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I know it is based on an iconic book. What is the general consensus on this series? Is it worth watching?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, May 06, 2021 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, Jimmer, it's an excellent series. It's going to get you very mad, sad, and depressed, but if you can cope with that it is worth it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, May 06, 2021 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kappy, I thought the same thing about that scene. The only thing I figured is they thought they would be seen in the cars.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, May 06, 2021 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, watching this show when Trump was in office made it even more chilling because I thought shit with this guy in power and his crazy followers something like this could happen