TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 05, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 05, 2021 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, January 29, 2021 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Here :-)

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Friday, January 29, 2021 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I've been watching Death in Paradise - it's on Britbox here in Canada - I'm almost done season 1 and I really enjoy it!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, January 29, 2021 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Going to try Resident Alien (on demand) in a few minutes. Saw it described as Northern Exposure (one of my all-time favourite shows) meets the X-Files (not remotely my cup of tea). So should be interesting at the very least. Lol.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, January 29, 2021 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I ♡ Death in Paradise.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 29, 2021 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Mameblanche... I started a thread for it because I was so intrigued by the "oddness", and yet I couldn't look away, LOL.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, January 29, 2021 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Heading over to the thread Dipo. :-)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, January 31, 2021 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
The movie Palmer on Apple was really good. A tear-jerker for sure. Justin Timberlake was fantastic and the little boy who played Sam was a treasure.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, January 31, 2021 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Can someone explain to me what is this Clubhouse new style where people, instead of posting messages, give 'vocal' messages. The word Clubhouse made me think of this discussion board, which I prefer to vocal messages.. Do you know how it works?

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, February 03, 2021 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Oh, Mamie, I just finished Palmer a few minutes ago and I am completely wiped out. I cried and and cried and cried — buckets! My eyes are all puffy and totally sore. I haven’t cried that much since I watched that Ann-Margret TV movie from the 1980s (“Who Will Love My Children?”) where Ann’s character develops terminal cancer and has to find adoptive parents for each of her 10 children because she doesn’t want her alcoholic husband to raise them after she dies. (Buckets!) 😢

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, February 03, 2021 - 10:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Just to clarify, "Palmer" is *not* a tragedy. My earlier post might make someone think that it is. I was just trying to emphasize that it will make you cry so intensely that it'll be next-to-impossible for you to refrain from crying.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, February 04, 2021 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Who Will Love My Children! I had forgotten all about that movie! I cry at everything but there are times I am puffy-eyed sobbing at movies. I remember when I went to see The Other Side of the Mountain with my mom. I was loudly crying. She was telling me to be quiet. And don't me started on Brian's Song.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 04, 2021 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I can relate, Mamie!!! I am the same. I remember when I was about 10 or 11, my older sister had taken my brother and me to the movies, back in the days when theaters ran double features. After the first movie, my sister told my brother, "Come on, Bob. The next movie is 'Run, Appaloosa, Run.' We have to leave now, cause Debbie will cry." Omg, have you heard my "My Dog Skip" story? Animal movie plus pregnancy hormones. My husband swore he'd never take me to another animal movie ever again.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, February 04, 2021 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
My sister talks often of Who Will Love My Children traumatizing her. Lol

Brian’s Song... I’m going to cry thinking about it. I remember my mom watching it when I was little and her asking me to go get the box of Kleenex. I didn’t get why she was so upset. Then I saw it when I was older. Yikes. They even did a tv remake years ago that killed me.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, February 04, 2021 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
My Dog Skip is a two Kleenex box movie!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, February 04, 2021 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Rieann - that’s a riot about your sister! Feel free to share this little story with her. My husband Seth is friends with and attended the same high school as Hallie Todd, the actress who played the eldest of the 10 children. A few years ago, at one of their HS reunions (I think it was the 30-year), Seth introduced me to Hallie and I immediately launched into my story about how much the movie made me cry and, before you know it, I started crying all over again just remembering some of the scenes. I was afraid that might happen! I was so embarrassed, but Hallie understood completely and we all had a good laugh about it. 😂

Fan3

07-07-2005

Thursday, February 04, 2021 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Fan3 a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching snow piercer?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, February 05, 2021 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Great story Uncle Ricky! :-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 05, 2021 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Fan3, I'm recording "Snowpiercer," but haven't gotten to it yet. Is it good?

And oh yes, I remember "Who Will Love My Children." And also "Brian's Song." I watched that one with my parents (I was still a teenager at home). Had to go in the bathroom after the movie was over and cry some more. You know "Brian's Song" was based on a true story. 😭

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 05, 2021 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
You know, I just have to say how much I appreciate you guys here at TVCH! Recently I've been on a reality web site (mostly real housewives stuff) and the people over there are so mean I don't even bother to comment anymore. They apparently don't have any rules about attacking people like we do here, so I just wanted you to know I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! 🥰

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, February 05, 2021 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
At TVCH we are all family xooxo

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, February 05, 2021 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Has anyone seen the old movie, All Mine to Give?
A college friend told me about it and how he wept when he saw it. When I saw it, I wept as well, actually I ugly cried. Had I seen it at age 12 vs 20, I would have been undone. As the oldest of 6 who had a tendency towards the dramatic I could picture myself having to find homes for all my siblings, trudging through the snow...
It also was based on a true story.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, February 05, 2021 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Always nice to hear appreciative comments. TVCH is a wonderful place. :-)

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, February 05, 2021 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom....cheers to that!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, February 05, 2021 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
All Mine to Give with Glynnis Johns! I hadn't thought about that in ages. I watched all those old tear jerkers with my mom. Imitation of Life, Penny Serenade....

Fan3

07-07-2005

Friday, February 05, 2021 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Fan3 a private message Print Post    
Baby Jax mom. It was very good watch the first season first so it makes sense.