TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 14, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Handmaid's Tale on Hulu: Archive through August 14, 2019 users admin

Roteach

06-01-2003

Sunday, August 04, 2019 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Regarding the Marthas, I don't think I will ever look at a muffin or a scone in the same way ever again.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 05, 2019 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think Serena's gonna go live in Hawaii and they're gonna help her have her own baby. Godspeed, Serena Joy!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 07, 2019 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Can't believe the people holding Serena allowed her to see June's baby. That baby isn't even related to her and was the product of her husband's rape. Maybe they're just using the baby as leverage to get Serena to cooperate.

Poor Mrs. Lawrence. I was hoping they'd get her to Canada and the treatment she so desperately needed. I hope the Commander doesn't decide to back out of transporting the children now that his wife is gone.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Wednesday, August 07, 2019 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom I think you are right about why they let Serena see the baby....BUT what do they need her or the Commander to cooperate with....enough people has lived there and escaped to tell them about what Giliad is don't' you think?

I believe the Commander will still cooperate with getting the children out...I think he wants out of there himself...he seems to have made his own nightmare in Giliad.

I hope Serena is not helped to have a child...I hope instead she becomes someone on the outside with lots of knowledge about the inside of Giliad that helps put an end to Giliad and brings the commanders down a notch or two.

so far, the Martha's seem to be the strongest bunch there.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, August 07, 2019 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
did it seem like Lawrence was glaring at June at the end by the grave?

I think Serena and the guy that got her out will get together.

Did June's hubby leave all the paperwork he brought into the room there when they made him leave?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 07, 2019 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I didn't understand what the paperwork Luke brought to Mr Waterford was. Why would he need to be there, why not a lawyer, assuming Waterford had any legal rights to sign away.

I didn't understand the crossed hands or Lawrence's look at the end either. It's like she copied the position of his hands, and he noticed. I wondered if her copying his hands was a way of saying she was putting her hands on his (which of course she couldn't actually do) as a show of support, like she was holding his hands?? And he noticed and understood, and made the strange face because he saw her in a different way, as a real person who was supporting him in spite of what he had done to her. That's just my first take, and I might be completely wrong.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, August 08, 2019 - 4:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Pamy I was wondering the same thing about the paperwork.Now I have to go back and look at the crossed hands as I don't remember that scene.

Did either of the Waterford's know that the child was not his ? June played along well as to the "missing " Commander.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, August 08, 2019 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Didn't the Waterfords realize that June's baby was actually Nick's? I seem to recall them saying something about that. I think Commander Waterford is sterile and unable to father a child. You'd think they'd know that.

I thought the "crossed hands" was just the typical handmaid pose. They always stand like that with their hands crossed and their heads down.

I wondered about Luke's paperwork, too, when they threw him out of the room, but I'm sure they would have brought it out to him. Why would they leave it with Commander Waterford?

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, August 08, 2019 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thanks Babyjax

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, August 08, 2019 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm pretty sure Serena knew the baby was Nick's but I'm not sure about Fred.

If the hands thing was a handmaid pose, then maybe Joseph realised he was in the same position as June, at least in regards to his current position keeping secrets. I wish they'd have clarified what they were going for there, it really seemed like we were meant to feel something and it just got lost with us being confused.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Thursday, August 08, 2019 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
It was Serena's idea for June to go to Nick to get pregnant. Serena definitely knows and the Commander seem to understand it also but has never actually said it wasn't his.

Not sure about the hands at the graveside...I just thought it was a show of solidarity...but could be anything.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, August 08, 2019 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
we talked about it at work today and we wondered if the handmaids arent allowed to stand with hands crossed in front, they are always having their hands behind them when standing but cant remember. If so, then her crossing in front was her showing she is in power/control now just like he is and she wont be subservient at all. and that would explain him glaring at her

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, August 08, 2019 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure at the crossing hands front of back thing either, but if it's right it would make sense, like her saying they were equals now. Which is what I got from their expressions; I didn't think he glared at her.

Cathie

08-16-2000

Thursday, August 08, 2019 - 10:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
Darn, I forgot there was a show last night—off to watch!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Saturday, August 10, 2019 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Until I read the postings here I did not realize that I slept thru the last 10 minutes.......fixed that today once I replaced batteries in the Fire Stick. No more draining the iPad.....watching Hulu, Netflix and Amazon on tv.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, August 11, 2019 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Nope, the handmaids always stand with their hands crossed in front, with their heads bowed. It's a submissive pose.

I tried to post a pic, but it was too big and I couldn't resize it. Here's a link to a picture of the handmaids standing with their hands in front:

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a28668334/the-handmaids-tale-season-3-inspiration-star-wars/

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, August 11, 2019 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
well there goes that theory LOL

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, August 11, 2019 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Well it's kind of the same thing... Lawrence made the Handmaid's hand cross, and when June echoed it (out of training) they both recognised that they are in very similar positions.

I understand I keep switching reasons to match my theory, but I'm sure their exchange of looks was a recognition that they were both the same now. The only thing that confused me was what about the position of their hands made them think that. Now knowing Lawrence did the Handmaid's hand position makes me even more sure of my theory.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 12, 2019 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I don't think standing at the grave with your hands crossed means anything. It's a typical respectful, thoughtful position. I think June and Commander Lawrence already have a pact, since they know so many secrets about each other. He has to protect her and she has to protect him. It's already agreed.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 12, 2019 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Watch the very end of the show again, Babyjaxmom, if you get a chance. The camera work between the hands and the looks really seemed like they were trying to get us to see something significant in the posing.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 12, 2019 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I feel like June was just showing empathy towards- and solidarity with- the Commander.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree, Naja.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Episode 13...very satisfying, made me cry. Left us with some hope.

Can't wait to hear what you all thought.

Is 13 the last of this season? Anyone know?

My Hulu expires and I do not want to renew it until next season.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh wow!!! I thought last week was the season finale! Thanks a million for the heads up, Boberg! Will watch it today.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Yes, Boberg, this is the last episode of the season. I also cried through a lot of it. Loved the scene at the airport. June's Giliad life comes face to face with her "old" life.