TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 04, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Handmaid's Tale on Hulu: Archive through August 04, 2019 users admin

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yep, I think yes to all 3 of those questions. I'm hoping the baby daddy is just another complex character, but he seems to be in line with the bad guys now, much to my disappointment.
And yes, a man hitting on a man. So many secrets! And layered characters.
And yes, so interesting that these higher ups have a house full of kids because I thought we were given the idea that once your handmaid gives you a child, she has to move on -- kind of a one-kid rule. But I guess when you're powerful you get whatever you want.
I think Mr Waterford suspects the child is not his. He has to, he's no dummy.
Mostly I'm disappointed in Serena flopping back to the bad guys. She had an opportunity to stay in Canada! Foolish woman.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
she should have stayed in canada and helped raise the baby...plot twist she and June's hubby fall in love lol

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
this season is moving too slow! this last ep just irritated me. took half the show to show us Lydia's backstory and it wasnt that interesting.

if only that principal would have screwed her wild and hard she might not be the woman she is today

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, July 11, 2019 - 6:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Goofy me ............I keep forgetting what day the new episodes drop ! At least I will have something to look forward to this afternoon .

Boberg

10-04-2002

Thursday, July 11, 2019 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Episode 8...what a waste of time. Lydia's back story told not very well unless they just wanted us to know she has always been a hateful prude.

June becoming heartless and enjoying other peoples pain.

That's it...the whole episode.

Get the feeling the writers are lost for a story line so they are just dragging out mundane stuff.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Friday, July 12, 2019 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Interesting article talking about the people June has caused to be killed in this show. To be fair...this is one of the things Aunt Lydia and the Commander have pointed out to June...her desires are causing others to be killed.

https://mashable.com/article/handmaids-tale-black-women-deaths/

Boberg

10-04-2002

Monday, July 22, 2019 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Episode 9...more empty of story than 8 was...unbelievable

Need to fire the writers cause they ain't doin nothing!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, July 22, 2019 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
and how much time is spent with her staring into space. ugh!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I haven't been enjoying this season, I mean I didn't enjoy the other seasons either, very dark but I haven't found it very interesting; just gross and cruel.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I liked episode 8 very much. I think they are showing how June is changing, as she really has nothing to lose now. It's kind of like the evolution of Walter White on Breaking Bad. I think it's very effective.

Episode 9 was a performance piece. I understand that people were bored by it. I think Elisabeth Moss was mesmerizing in it. Watching her sink into madness.

I do agree that I'm not sure where this season is heading and it seems like we've seen a lot of episodes and haven't gotten very far! It would be interesting to see more backstories on different people. Like the family with all of the kids. What were they like before? Also June's new home -- what were they like?

I'm still hopeful the season will end strong.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, July 25, 2019 - 4:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I was at home all day yesterday and once again forgot to turn on Hulu.....So this afternoon I will escape from CNN and MSNBC and watch Hulu !

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, July 25, 2019 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
If I were a film student, I might be enjoying this season more but since I'm not, I'm finding it hard to remain interested.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Saturday, July 27, 2019 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I keep finding Anne Dowd, the actress who plays Aunt Lydia all over the place! She was in the rather awful horror movie, Heredity, she was in this old series called Quarry, also in Masters of Sex, and in True Detective. I never recognize her until she begins to talk--that voice is so unique, so her!!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, July 27, 2019 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think this week's episode is back on track. I have faith that the writers have an arc for June. They've been laying the ground work. This week's ep was just heartbreaking.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, July 27, 2019 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
anyone think Serena is setting her hubby up?

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
This week's episode was really good. I think they needed to show June descending into darkness so that they could show her rise. She now has more purpose than ever.

I hope that they start moving towards the revolution. this show is so dark that we need to see some wins.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I have no idea what Serena is doing. Her role annoys me the most.

There is so much opportunity for the writers to make her be the person who helps June. Maybe it will still happen.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, August 01, 2019 - 5:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Not only is the mood dark but the scenes are actually dark which makes it hard to know what is going on. NO multi tasking while watching this show for me.
Was Serena Truly surprised in the most recent episode? I can't figure her out.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, August 01, 2019 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
a little bit of action this week but they wasted 5min and the end showing her dress and the marthas clean UGH! we get it. we didnt need 5 min of it!!!

the story moves forward about 5 min each week and then 45 min of footage ugh!

I dont think Serena was surprised. I think she arranged for this in exchange for getting Nicole

Cathie

08-16-2000

Thursday, August 01, 2019 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
I am going to have to re-watch this one. I made the mistake of multitasking and have no idea who the guy was that June killed.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, August 02, 2019 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
sexy Chris Meloni! I really thought they were going to have his character make sexual advances at Fred. I actually was looking forward to that so I am super bummed he is dead plus I love Chris!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, August 03, 2019 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think Serena knew, and the deal she made was to give up her husband. Her finally saying "how could you let them do that to me?" earlier in the day clinched it for me.

Lawrence said they would be coming for them, but he doesn't know how well the Marthas cleaned. Unless there was a driver outside waiting for him (Meloni) probably no one in the hotel would say he was there.

So instead most people would be curious as to why Meloni and Waterford went missing on the same day... that might be the thing that stops them thinking June is involved.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, August 03, 2019 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Great point!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, August 03, 2019 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Do we just have 2 episodes left this season??? So much happening! I love this show.
Yes, one wonders if she turned in her husband on purpose, but I can't imagine Canada would give her that baby -- it's not biologically hers nor did she birth it.

And I'm loving the MArtha's. Good work on that carpet.

Cathie

08-16-2000

Sunday, August 04, 2019 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
Oh, my, I finally re-watched the episode. I realize how much of it I missed, and now cannot even remember what distracted me...