TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 03, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Handmaid's Tale on Hulu: Archive through July 03, 2019 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I had to turn down being a background extra on HT last week cuz we went out of town for a few days. I stopped watching after the 1st season because it caused me anxiety, but would LOVE to be on it. ;) Hopefully more opportunities will come up.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That would have been very cool, Mame!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
sooo cool Mame! hope another opportunity comes up!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thx Jimmer and Pamy. :-)

Dlkuhn4

07-13-2002

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
There may be more chances i read they signed through 2021 now

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thx Dlk :-)

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, June 10, 2019 - 4:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Just watched the first 2episodes of season 3.

I get why she didn't leave, she couldn't leave her otherwise daughter.
Interesting new house she is in.im curious the story of the house wife.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 10, 2019 - 5:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Mizi, last season that's where Emily went when they took her out of the contaminated Colonies. Commander Lawrence's house. He's one of Gilead's bigwigs.

His wife sneaked into Emily's room and told her that Captain Lawrence did something horrible. The colonies were all his idea. Then the Captain caught his wife in Emily's room and covered her mouth and dragged her out while she was screaming how she hates him.

So I think the Captain's wife went a bit crazy when she found out what her husband did. And my own opinion is he also feels the guilt of it and helps some of them escape.

Also, He doesn't partake in the "ceremony", but I don't know how he'll get away with that with June. You just know Aunt Lydia will have an extra eye on June and her uterus.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, June 10, 2019 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the recap Naja. I wondered what that was about with her going into Emily's room last season, I either didn't hear but I didn't know he set up the colonies. Interesting he wants to help now, just like Mr. Waterford trying to be kind to his wife after the fact she had her finger chopped off. I am surprised aunty survived that attack from last season, When she showed up and seemed genuinely concerned for June I was confused until she zapped her with the tazar, then I knew she still hated her.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, June 10, 2019 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
1st 3 eps were so good!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 5:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Is it just me who finds the scenes too dark ?

Robinm

01-31-2006

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Robinm a private message Print Post    
I agree on the darkness. I turned my brightness up all the way on my tablet and it is still so very dark. This is not Game of Thrones, it's not winter, there is no excuse for the scenes to be so dark.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
It is really good so far. I'm happy that Serena did not go through with drowning herself and walked right past Mr. Waterford. I hope she plays a big role in the revolution!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I am glad that Serena is discovering herself again. I do think she will work with the revolution. This season has been very good so far. Not the same old, same old at all. The writing is sharp and the acting is very on point.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Serena was an activist to turn the country into to what it is. I have no sympathy for her.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, June 15, 2019 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I love Canada. Every time I see a scene there, it reminds me about all that I love about this wonderful place we call the Great White North! 🍁

Punkin

08-13-2009

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Punkin a private message Print Post    
"I love Canada. Every time I see a scene there, it reminds me about all that I love about this wonderful place we call the Great White North!"

trump likes to call it Snow Mexico. Pissant!

I always wait until all the episodes have played so that I can sign up for Hulu just long enough to binge the full season. Can't wait!!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Punkin................that is a great idea.

Punkin

08-13-2009

Friday, June 21, 2019 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Punkin a private message Print Post    
Thank you! Hulu doesn't offer me anything else. Besides, binging full seasons has become my preferred way of watching really good series!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, June 29, 2019 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Got caught up on this show last night. Wow, the color and imagery of last week's episode were so beautiful and chilling. It was a visual feast, and yet added a new disturbing element. I love how the characters are complex -- layers. This is a fantastic show.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, July 01, 2019 - 10:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I don't like Sarina's relapse with wanting Nicole back.
I was shocked about the handmaid's mouth wired shut! How does she eat?!!

Also shocked about the commander (I think he is the commander, the father of Nicole?) And his past and current position!
How about that high up guy hitting on Sarina's husband??

Sorry it is late and I am terrible with names.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, July 01, 2019 - 11:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I know! So much going on. And the commander having so many kids. No sharing of the wealth. D.C. was s terrifying place.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, July 02, 2019 - 4:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Wait............I was not paying attention well:
* Was June mislead by Nicole's Dad < the "baby daddy ?> He is a bad guy ?
* Did a Man hit on Waterford ?
* Did Sarina ask in DC 'are these all your children " and got a smart aleck reply ?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, July 02, 2019 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
yes, I caught that Meloni was rubbing Waterford a little more than lovingly LOL I am here for it!!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, July 03, 2019 - 2:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I watched the most recent episode again so I answered all of my questions. It will be interesting to know Nick’s back story and if Mr. Waterford knows that he is not the baby’s Daddy.