TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 28, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real HW Beverly Hills: Archive through May 28, 2022 users admin

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, May 11, 2022 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Nah, it happened over 6 months ago and we already knew all about it. I'm still curious why she sleeps with her bedroom door shut with children in the house, why she needed her cell phone to call for help (doesn't she have a land line?) Why no security system was activated. Interesting how they didn't bring up again anything about Kyle's robbery not that long ago too.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 2:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
They talked about it on WWHL. Andy had Kyle and Dorit on. Dorit said that when they are home they don't have the alarm on because if the kids get up at night, they set the inside sensors off. She said the robbers thought the house would be empty. So, I wonder if she came home a day early or something.

She also said the kids always sleep with her when PK isn't home, but that night they didn't, which she's very thankful for. They had just gotten home that afternoon. She thought it was one of the kids who had opened her bedroom door and that the flashlight he had was from their iPad. I wondered too, if they have a landline. I'm surprised the guy actually kept his word and left the phone behind. I thought it was interesting that they didn't bring up Kyle's robbery on the episode or WWHL, too.

On an unrelated note, they both said we see a totally different Erika this season. She gives zero *ucks now that she doesn't Tom and has to keep up appearances. And in previews for the season, Lisa is telling Erika that she can either drink or take antidepressants, but she can't do both. So we are going to have a very scary, angry Erika this season, it sounds like. I'm wondering if she hired private detectives to dig up dirt on the ladies she doesn't like.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 5:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Kyle's robbery is old news (and no one was home when her house was robbed).

Dorit's house was robbed right after the final reunion episode aired where she said she owns all her jewelry and handbags. The week the final episode aired, she had been posting that they were in London so it sounds like she caught the home invaders by surprise when she came home early without PK. Someone on Twitter posted that she lives in the same area as Dorit and that there have been a series of home invasions and one homeowner was killed.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
That's really frightening that a home owner had been killed. I thought the videos of the intruders were pretty clear and I'm a little surprised they haven't caught them yet. Our business was robbed and although the thieves kept their faces and heads covered with hoods, they were recognized by people because of their gait and mannerisms.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We haven't had a land line in nearly 20 years. There's no reason to have one anymore, unless you need it for a security system or are still using dial-up. We ditched that extra bill when we got cable Internet. Lots of people these days don't have land lines.

I know you're not supposed to drink on anti-depressants, but many people do. I was on them for a couple of years (my dad died and my hubby of 10 years left me less than 4 months later; yes, I was super depressed). I drank just like normal, but I don't really drink that much.

I thought Dorit's robbery was terrifying, especially since she had small children in the house. Glad nobody was hurt.

Grooch, you are hilarious! You . . . must . . . resist . . . believing . . . Erika!!! 😁

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
"We ditched that extra bill when we got cable Internet."

Since they are millionaires I would assume they can foot the extra expense. We have cable internet, and cell phone service but they go down often. Our land line is always dependable.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Great show.. although it just seemed wrong to be witness to Dorit and hubby reunion after such an ordeal.. we dont need to see everything, give them some personal space. I know, its great tv and all.. but we would have understood

Suttons reaction to break in was bad form.. but I imagine some was due to editing and then her own stressed out issues to deal with. Was pretty awkward thou. Lisa will be out for her now so I hope she can defend herself and get it behind them quickly and not have it last the whole season. Lisa has a knack of being a hypocrite.

Ericka is just naturally vicious.. and now with alcohol and anti depressants to boot. UGH! Such a narcissist, its hard to watch her actually

New girl looks like a mean girl.. she should fit in nicely with Lisa and Erika.. should stir up lots of drama this season.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
On our home alarm, we have an "away" and a "home". "Away" is ALL sensors are on inside and out. "Home" is only outside, doors and windows. Why wouldn't Dorit have a similar alarm system that would protect the perimeter outside of her home, doors and windows. Ours even detects shattered glass.

All of these people who post on social media what they are doing and where they are on vacation are giving out exact timelines for their homes to be robbed. They show their closets with their Birkin handbags, Louboutin shoes, Piaget watches. The robbers can write down a shopping list. One should never keep all of that stuff at home. They should have a vault somewhere, as many do.

After Kim Kardashian got robbed in Paris she radically changed her habits. She doesn't post her whereabouts until after she leaves. She literally has someone standing there as she undresses to take her clothing, jewelry etc away immediately to a vault. She said she stores nothing in her home anymore. Seems like good advise.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 13, 2022 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I still have a landline and refuse to get rid of it for several reasons.

First, I hear better when I'm on the telephone for my landline. I have a very difficult time hearing people on my cell phone. And if someone is calling me cell phone to cell phone, I won't hear anything but static and dead air. There is something in my brain that won't let me hear clear on a cell phone.

Second, 911. If you need to call 911, they can only triangulate where the call is coming from and not necessarily where you located exactly. About 10 years ago, a co-worker disconnected her landline - said she didn't need it anymore. The next day she left her house to go out with girlfriends and her husband had a mild heart attack. Her young child tried calling 911 but couldn't give an address. My friend had to go back home because she forgot something and found her husband incapacitated and her son with 911 on the phone unable to give an address. The next day she hooked up her landline again. Even though she didn't have a landline for 72 hours, she said it was a huge mistake to disconnect her landline with young children in the house.

Third, and most importantly, if there is a hurricane and I need to evacuate, I know that the electricity is back on in my house when I call my landline and the answering machine comes on. When I hear my answering machine, I know I can pick up from wherever I am and come home.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Friday, May 13, 2022 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
All good reasons Lexie, also I have a sister-in-law who habitually misplaces her cell phone. Some times for days. Leaves her laptop at work, ect. It is very hard to get a hold of her, at times.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 13, 2022 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Chieko, that has happened to me where I left my cell phone at work on a Friday. I just left it there for the weekend since I was too lazy to drive back downtown to pick it up.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, May 13, 2022 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
We misplace our cell phone regularly. SEVERAL times a day lol. Sometimes I'm looking for my cellphone....and I'm speaking on it! Lol

Lexie my Samsung cell phone has settings that can be tweaked both for hearing aids or hard of hearing. It can sharpen speech clarity etc. I don't know if any of that might help you a little. I have noticed an improvement. My husband on the other hand has hearing aids that connect directly to his cell phone by Bluetooth. That has made a world of difference for him.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 13, 2022 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1, I have an iPhone 12 so I don't know if I have those settings (but even if I did, I would be hard-pressed to give up my landline for the other reasons I stated above)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 13, 2022 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
This is such a timely discussion, since I am moving I am debating giving up my landline. I felt more secure having it because we have had power failures where cells didn't work. But since I will have emergency pulls in my new home I am thinking I won't need it anymore.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, May 13, 2022 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Lexie no..I wholeheartedly agree with keeping the landline. I won't give up mine. My suggestion was only to say... I had little trouble hearing on my cell phone also. And just figured if you had those settings it could make it a little easier for you.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 14, 2022 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We haven't had one in 20 years and haven't missed it. Our cellphones still work when the power is out. No WiFi calling, but the tower is not far away. We live in California where we very rarely have power outages or big storms (not tornadoes here, only earthquakes). And I've used my cell to call 911 several times when my elderly mother lived with us. You can register your address through your cell in case of emergencies. And most of the young people today only have cells. Plus with unlimited calling, you never have to worry about long distance. And you're not tied to a land line if you're waiting for a callback from someone. Your phone goes wherever you go.

I actually have a plug-in phone and have been told I can plug it into a jack and call 911 in case of an emergency, but we've never had to do it.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, May 15, 2022 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
We don't have very many storms. But we do have a lot of power outages in the summertime especially. I'm assuming it's because of overages?

We had just gotten rid of our landline. We had a power outage. We then had an emergency with our dog.

I have bad reception on my cell phone in my house...I had to run out in the middle of the street. But then I didn't have a charge on my phone and it went out in the middle of the call. My backup battery also didn't have a charge.The emergency hospital near our house was closed. It was Sunday.

We have one of those plug-in phones. So I run back in the house try to locate the plug-in phone. Plug it in to the phone jack. For some reason it wasn't connecting. I had to run outside and plug it into the phone jack in the panel outside of our house. My hands were shaking so bad I couldn't even get the cord into the Jack outlet.

So I figured if it was that crazy because I had an emergency with my dog. Can you imagine if it was my husband? LOL

So, needless to say I got back the landline the next day lol.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 16, 2022 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
BJM, I have my landline through my cable company and I get free long distance so that's not a problem.

I think it's difficult for people who have never had to evacuate for a hurricane to understand why we don't give up our landlines. Even if my cable (internet, TV and phone) is out, as long as I hear my answering machine come on, I know I have electricity and can return home.

The $40 I pay every month for a landline (with unlimited long distance ) gives me peace of mind.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Thursday, May 26, 2022 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
3 episodes in and I cant wait for Erika to implode. I hate even looking at her and seeing some of the women interact with her as if shes some kind of nice person/friend...The way she sits and takes potshots at Sutton like its a meangirl gameshow or something.. but it keeps me coming back every week to see if her time will come.. previews imply it will... I wait.

And please, get the Sutton stuff behind us. That means you Kyle!! (is Kyle a producer? so stirring the pot is mandatory maybe?) Yes, Suttons awkward and says stupid stuff.. but lets move on. I was actually glad Crystal said something last night and now the focus has shifted off Sutton a bit (did not like what Sutton was wearing or her look at Kyles store opening)

Diana sure is interesting. Going from nothing to being so incredibly wealthy.. more than any of the other women. Id like to know the story on how she met her insanely rich ex husband since they couldnt have been in the same social circles. Id never heard of her before. She looks fantastic and wow, just had a baby at 48? did I hear that right? It seems like shes nice enough but Im sure its not going to take much for her to lose it on someone.. I just hope its Erika

Love love love Garcelle.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, May 26, 2022 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I used to like Kyle, but almost every time she opens her mouth now, she makes me hate her. When she brought up Sutton's comment, "Sorry, I guess I didn't have a gun to my head," I just wanted to slap her. What's the point? She's just stirring the pot and trying to cause trouble. And she did.

Cinnamongirl, I'm looking forward to seeing Erika taken down a peg, too. What has she been cleared of? Nothing!!

I thought Diana was really rude when she was talking about Sutton and her words being really awkward. Yes, she was inappropriate, but I understand why. And she's always ready to apologize. None of us are perfect.

So Diana had a baby at 48 (with in vitro). I had a baby at 45 (my first baby) with no medical intervention at all. He was and is a blessing! I'm grateful for him everyday.

I also love Garcelle. She's so level-headed and doesn't seem to get caught up in the BS the rest of them revel in. I also think Crystal is entitled to feel what she feels. Crystal, too, seems very honest and open. Kyle is just jealous of her and too far up Dorit's butt to understand her feelings. Kyle was ridiculous when she was sobbing and saying, "No!!!" over Dorit's situation. It's not like she was there.

As cute as Kyle's dogs are, they should have been restrained somewhere while the ladies were eating. It's not okay for someone's pet to just help themselves to everyone's food right off their plates. And when the dog was in the kitchen cleaning up the leftovers, I was worried that dog was going to be sick the next day. Too much food (and rich human food at that) is not good for their stomachs!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, May 26, 2022 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I agree with everything you said, Cinnamon.

I think they are all nice to Erika because they are afraid of her, Kyle especially. I think Lisa holds up Erika's ass because they have some kind of secret business deal going on since before last season. I remember there were some rumors about it last year.

I like Kyle when she is nice, but she has some horrid mean girl tendencies and she is the ring leader of ganging up on Sutton. There's probably something going on in her life that she doesn't want on the show, so she is deflecting everything onto Sutton. Or, maybe she is just being a nasty @itch, just because she is one.

And they better be afraid of Erika. From the previews, it sounds like she is going to go after all of them. Except, maybe Lisa. She will keep kissing Erika's ass.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, May 26, 2022 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, I can understand Kyle being super sensitive about what happened to Dorit because her house was robbed 6 months earlier. Even though Kyle wasn't home at the time, it's still traumatic and you do feel violated. Yes, I used violated, the strong word that Kyle thinks is to strong a word. Lol! But at the same time, Kyle should have some empathy for Sutton, who was 14 at the time and had interaction with the intruder. I don't get it. And with Sutton, her father's suicide with a gun, there are no words. If I was Sutton, I wouldn't want to talk about Dorit's experience, either.

And after watching the first 3 episodes, if I was Sutton, I'd probably quit the show. The abuse from Erika is bad enough, but the abuse from these heifers is just to much to bear.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Thursday, May 26, 2022 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Yes BabyJax! I thought Diana was off base talking about Sutton like that with Erika in background agreeing. She knows nothing.

I didnt realize it was in vitro. I had my one and only at 40. Hes my world too! Diana looks amazing for 48 (they all do, money helps I imagine)

Grooch I had no idea about Lisa and Erika but that completely makes sense!!

Totally LOL'd at your last line Grooch! so true!!

now I need to cheer myself up and go watch the season preview again so I can catch a glimpse of Erika losing it. :-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 28, 2022 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Cinnamongirl, Diana was talking about how they still had embryos left and may have more babies! Yikes! I felt like I was lucky to get my healthy boy at 45. I didn't want to push my luck (or my energy). He was and still is an angel and the light of my life.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Saturday, May 28, 2022 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Perhaps it is Diana's young partner that really wants to continue the family. Diana already has two grown children. Perhaps she will use a surrogate for the rest of the embryos and of course she has all the nannies and household help she could want.
She says she still has 3 boys and 3 girls remaining.