TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 02, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real HW Beverly Hills: Archive through May 02, 2018 users admin

Ark

07-09-2001

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
Dovez, I think I would have rather watched you at Whole Foods than all of the bickering and over the top glitz that has been this season's RHOBH. I don't mind a trip and get together every now and then but I prefer seeing something that makes them more relatable to me and my life. I don't relate to anything in any of their lives at all. Yolanda's, Brandi's and Kim's struggles were more relatable than anything I've seen this season. They were messy but relatable.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The irony is when RHOC was first created, it was supposed to show the HW running around working, dealing with children, etc. etc. etc., in sweatpants and little makeup. It was not supposed to be them wearing a $3,000 designer dress and 6" stiletto heels for a 3-4 hour drive to a spa or to go to a horse stable. Who does that? Dorit and Erika. I'm sorry - I find them so fake and so insufferable.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I think a lot of it has to do with filming in public places and getting signed releases and setting up cameras, etc. To much hassle.

I still watching Dorit. Tee! Hee!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Lexie, "insufferable" is exactly the right word for Erika.

And Grooch, I think you nailed it when you wondered if Rinna's saner attitude this season could be due to the lack of Eileen and her "never gonna let it go" constant dredging up of the past. I do not miss her at all.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
When they showed the morning of Teddy’s sleepover, some didn’t have designer clothes and makeup on!

Yes, they are producing a show. They make a calendar of events and schedule filming. Even those “calls” are produced. Someone posted a link in the New York HW show thread how that phone call was skewed. Alex and whositz, that have moved to Australia. He was upset at how he was portrayed vs his assumption. All to make better drama.

And Dovez, I do so love reading your impressions! lol.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Several years ago on Jersey, there was a couple on the show (for the life of me I can't remember their names) and the husband wasn't happy with how he was portrayed. He went to the blogs and gave them copies of the "call sheets" to show how production was involved in everything - including the telephone calls. I cannot remember his name, but his wife was in remission from breast cancer. This would have been a year or so before Tre went away to "camp."

Missyb

07-28-2004

Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
I remember the couple. Then they started doing the reality TV circuit. They were on couples therapy as well. Amber Marchese and her husband Jim. He was a strange one.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 3:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
YES!!!! He was the one that revealed all the "call sheets" showing how everything is set up by producers. He showed a call sheet about how he was supposed to fly to Florida and get into a fight with the twins and then get kicked out.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Erika seems almost like a real person with some genuine warmth, until she flips that switch and becomes the Ice Queen. They all seemed to be having a good time at dinner in Berlin, until Erika went all Ice Queen, gave Teddi a cold stare and said, "I have one issue. 'Pretend amnesia.'" Way to bring down the mood (and the temperature in the room), Erika!

First of all, didn't Erika say she forgave Teddi for that comment and that they would discuss it sometime in the future in a "PRIVATE CONVERSATION"???!!! Why is she bringing that dead horse up yet again, when they already settled that issue? Either Erika is just a or the producers thought their happy little love fest was too boring. I literally sighed and rolled my eyes when she brought it up again.

Ark

07-09-2001

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
I just figured that the producers wanted it put to rest on camera. If not for the petty arguments strung out by Dorit this season would have been super boring. I hope they do something different next season. I heard there is a 3 part reunion. I'm wracking my brain trying to think of what they can discuss for 3 hours.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think they always do a three part reunion. More time to endlessly rehash arguments and confront each other over their side interviews.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Erika is getting crucified (again) on social media and the blogs. We all know the HW read the blogs/tea sites (a couple of the HW have ventured onto those sites and commented under their real "verified" names), and if I was Erika and I was reading that 19 out of 20 viewers hate my guts, there is no way I would come back for another season. Who does that? The contempt for Erika by the fans is as real as the contempt the fans had for Brandi Glanville and Yolanda Foster.

Rainynights

03-03-2008

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rainynights a private message Print Post    
I cannot see any redeeming qualities in Erika at all....so.tired.of.her. and all her meaness "don't mess with me" attitude I've gotten to the point where I fast forward any segment with just her in it. All the housewives irritate me at some point but SHE irritates me each and every time she opens her mouth. Blecchh. Please the powers that be, don't bring her back next season!!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, April 16, 2018 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I was watching some episodes from last season and it was the season of "fake amnesia". I'm just wondering when Teddi said it to Erika, it struck a sore spot. Maybe, Erika thought Teddi watched last season and was trying to bring it up to start trouble. Who knows?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 5:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Dorit is such a liar. I don't think I've ever seen anyone talk about both sides of her mouth like she does.

And Erika... what a vile nasty piece of work she is. It was super-shady of Andy to ask Erika if she would work with John Cougar Mellancamp. Why in the world would someone as successful as JCM want to work with a 45-year-old naked girating wannabe who is nothing but nasty to his daughter?

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I, as a Dorit fan, thought she came off bad, also. But without her, there would have been zero story lines. (Though weak as they were.) And her not naming a bathing suit after Teddy, was just plain petty. She has no right to complain about Lisa chopping off her head for the magazine. (That was petty on Lisa's part, esp not even telling her ahead of time.)

Erika had a sour-puss face through the whole show. She did mention at one point that her migraine was getting worse. I couldn't tell if she was telling the truth or not that she had one. I also wonder if she was in a "I hate everybody" stance because of blow back on social media.

The whole thing about nobody in her family has read her book yet was very odd. She could have had an assistant send her mother a book. Maybe her mother has read it and is pissed off about it. And her comment about Tom, and how she made him sound nice, was very odd and telling.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I didn't even believe Erika when she said she had a migraine. I think both her and Dorit are exceptional when it comes to lying.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Erika has everything she wants in life, including a beautiful home, a rich husband, a glamorous side career, gorgeous designer clothes and a team to make her look fabulous all the time. Why is she so mean and nasty to everyone? You'd think she'd be a little happier. Just goes to show that money doesn't buy happiness. She's always so cranky and mean.

I don't think Teddi knew what she was getting into when she agreed to be on this show. I feel like she's Nemo and they threw her into the shark tank. She seems like the most "normal," down-to-earth woman on this show. She may be "boring," but she's at least real. And she's nice.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Erika showed who she was in her first season when she said she didn't have any girlfriends.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
An interesting thing Erika once said in an episode where she was talking about Tom's broken foot after his car accident. She said she realized that in a quick second everything would be gone. Like she would lose her house and everything. She seemed more concerned about material things than him. It made me wonder if he dies, he's leaving her with basically nothing.

Rainynights

03-03-2008

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rainynights a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, Lexie and Grooch....totally agree with everything the three of you said. Erika is definitely not a nice person.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
What are those weird things in Dorit's hair? Bobby Pins? and why would she need so many, looks so odd.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Reunion #2... Dorit sure things highly of herself, I didn't even know what she was talking about when she said she was on the cover of Bella.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 1:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Bobby Pins?

Yes, sparkly bobby pins. I counted about 10 of them.

It makes me kind of sad in an odd way that these woman spend so much on trying to look good. Glam squads? 1000 dollar handbags? It looks like a bit of a wasted life.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 3:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Dorit and Erika's lack of self-awareness is mind-boggling.