TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 07, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real HW Beverly Hills: Archive through April 07, 2018 users admin

Ark

07-09-2001

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
I wish I could tell you something about Tom but like Lexie said, he is rarely on the show for more than a few seconds. My impression of him is that he's very driven in his profession and is supportive of Erika but doesn't want to participate in her interests. I think I got more of a sense of who he is from Erika's book than from seeing him on the show.

Dovez

08-27-2005

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dovez a private message Print Post    
i've no idea why tom was not at the recordings. i do know that everything that erika is "interested in" is underwritten by tom. so i suppose that is a form of participation.
life is indeed complicated here in the "hills".

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Poor Lisa! I can't imagine losing two dogs within just a few days of each other. I would be a mess. I couldn't watch the part about her movie. Had to FF through it.

Dovez

08-27-2005

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dovez a private message Print Post    
i have so many connections to this show that i really should watch it:

the umansky's just sold a house for me and father umansky this morning mentioned that his daughter-in-law is on the show. which one is she? is she someone you all chat about?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Mauricio doesn't have a daughter-in-law. He has four daughters. Every now and then one of his daughters will appear on the show. The daughter that does appear the most on the show is Portia, who is maybe 9-10 years old. His other daughters are much older and do not live at home. In fact, one of his daughters is a real estate agent in his firm.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I'm thinking it's Mauricio's father that Dovez is speaking about. His daughter-in-law is Kyle. We talk about her. But we used to REALLY talk about Kyle's sister when she used to be on the show.

I think it's safe to say we all like Kyle.

Dovez

08-27-2005

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dovez a private message Print Post    
yes, grooch, it is eduardo

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Oh okay... that would explain my confusion... LOL

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
How come Teddi is the only one writing a blog this season?

I saw an episode of WWHL and Andy thinks Teddi will be back next season. My question is why? She wouldn't know fun if it came and bit her in her butt. She's too anal retentive/strident. But then again, she is a pot stirrer. Just more discreet about it then Dorit is. Maybe LVP wants her back next season to do her bidding since Rinna won't do it any more.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Ditto about the blogs. I hate to admit it but I tweeted Andy Cohen about it. Lisa R use to be pretty regular and Dorit. But now Dorit is too good to blog. It irks me !!

And, I like Teddi. She is one of my favorite new housewives. Disagree about the fun. I think she would love to let loose but you have to be careful as the new girl with this cast. I like that she has solid relationships with LVP and Kyle ( and Camille) and even Lisa R and less so with their good pals Dorit and Erika.

I don't think Teddi does LVP's bidding at all and is too smart to. In fact, in the last episode , she was trying to back Kyle contrary to LVP's backing Dorit. And I use the world "back" loosely.

And, her awkwardness around the ladies of Beverly Hills is endearing to me. It is relatable. Its not all about the labels for her.

I do hope she is back next season and does not change.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I am co-signing Missy's post. I want Teddi back next season. Now if I could only get Andy to kick Erika and her glam squad to the curb, my life would be complete.

Mistysmoke

08-10-2001

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mistysmoke a private message Print Post    
Yes I like Teddi, she seems more down to earth. I don't see her as a pot stirrer. I think she is trying to gain an understanding of the group dynamics and doesn't like people talking poo behind someones back. I would want to know if a friend was talking smack about me, or sharing personal information about me in a group setting. Plus what LV said in their one on one convo was not what Dorit claims she said.

Dorit NEVER takes responsibility for anything she says or does, she always twists it. She deflects. I can't stand her. She blew the whole Erka/hotel stay out of proportion (based on what we saw), but is upset because nearly exact statements she said were shared.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
How about Dorit's retelling of pantygate. That Erika laughed and high fived while they flashback to Erika with an expressionless face and arms tightly across her chest !

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Dorit is nuts, I was cracking up when she was trying to defend herself to Kyle. Erica and Kyle being dumbfounded by what she was saying and then Erica explaining that Dorit makes no sense and just jumps from topic to topic without ever completing a thought (or sentence), LMAO.

I am actually not sure she has complete thoughts.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Put me in the Teddi fan club. I love that she is more down to earth than some of the others, but do wish she'd learn to keep her mouth shut. It's not necessary to always repeat what others have said. It only cause hurt and angry feelings, and achieves nothing positive.

I agree about Erika, Lexie. I think she is vile and her cackle annoys me no end.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, April 06, 2018 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
BJM, I agree with you about that. It served no purpose for Teddi to repeat to Rinna what Dorit said a couple of months earlier.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, April 06, 2018 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
And I'm enjoying the new Rinna and letting that conversation roll off her like water on a duck. She said in her confessional that so what? The ladies have said far worst in the past. Lol! She seems to be in a good place to not let the stupid stuff bother her and enjoy the show.

Eta: After posting this, I wonder if this has a bit to do with Eileen not being around and beating dead horses all day.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, April 06, 2018 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
That is very possible Grooch.

Ark

07-09-2001

Friday, April 06, 2018 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
Who else thinks that our Dovez might make a good replacement for Dorit next season? She's never watched the show and that seems to be a theme with all of the new housewives.

I like Teddi but I don't know that she adds much to the show other than to get Dorit going. I did like that she broke it down for LVP when she explained that Kyle was hurt. I was surprised she didn't start crying when LVP told her to stay out of it though.

I like the calmer Lisa R. and her acerbic wit in her confessionals. I've also wondered if the change came because Eileen isn't around. I liked Eileen but she was as bad about dredging up the past as Dorit is.

I still like Erika. I know a lot of people don't but I just get her.

Pdxtransplant

07-09-2010

Friday, April 06, 2018 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pdxtransplant a private message Print Post    
What Teddi brings to the show is perspective. She breaks up the stereotypes that this group has represented. She offers a sane comparison to Dorit. She gives us a break from the excessive material consumption and grudge-holding, camera grabbing behavior. I quit watching RHOA because there is no one who serves as a relief against the crazy.

On the other hand, I really like Erica, simply because she gives zero f's.

Dovez

08-27-2005

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dovez a private message Print Post    
dear, dear, ark.
although i am a true beverly hills housewife, i could never ever relate to any of these women. imagine having to don make-up every single day or have a "crew" to hover about 24/7. egads.
i recently met a local who actually watches all of the housewives shows. i found myself inspecting her like a bug under a microscope. i just couldn't understand her love of the distortion of our neighborhood. it is obvious that i need to tune in to view this other side of the picture. but since several of the ladies don't even live in the zip code i think that the picture is a bit distorted. yes?
it is much more fun to read all of your comments on the ladies. then i can use imagination to fill in the blanks.
i will say that umansky senior is a charming individual...and i will meeting the jr umansky on monday. shall i get some info on the wife?

Dovez

08-27-2005

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dovez a private message Print Post    
i felt a little off this morning when i posted the above so i called a friend and told her about this discussion.
boy, was i put in my place! she tells me that i don't get out enough and i should go hang out around rodeo drive or the beverly hills hotel and i would see many BEVERLY HILLS HOUSEWIVES...and that they all look just like the ones on the show.
and i remember a conversation i had with my DIL wherein she told me that she just couldn't continue with a mommy-and-me playgroup at a local private school because one of the women was on Housewives of London or something such and all the moms talked about were the latest designer bags and the newest model of luxury cars.
maybe i should produce the REAL REAL HOUSEWIVES of BEVERLY HILLS.

Ark

07-09-2001

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
My thought is that all of these "Housewives" are playing characters to a point. I think I read that they do 80+ hours of taping to make a 1 hour show. I'm sure there are times when every one of them are pretty "normal" without the makeup crews, costume designers and petty arguments. Those just aren't the scenes that the audience would find interesting enough to tune into each week. I think Dorit stirs up all of the drama to secure her place on the show. We may hate her but she keeps us tuning in each week to see how horrible she is.

Dovez

08-27-2005

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dovez a private message Print Post    
and there you have it, ark.
you would definitely not find my life interesting as i traverse the aisles of whole foods or negotiate the traffic on sunset or wilshire.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I started watching these shows just to see them in more normal times, but then the producers changed the format to be "fighting, drama and events".

At the beginning I don't remember them having so many parties, full-on dinners and such, it seemed like more about what they do all day.....but then it turned into infomercials for all their business ventures.

So now they just do trips, and fights.

Although I do remember Kyle's first attempt at a "Barbecue", which was so far from that it was funny.

I will say I have dropped a lot of the shows when they changed them, I don't want to watch people fight, talk over each other and never even LISTEN to what each other has to say.