TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Part II season premiere

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XII: Part II season premiere users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through January 20, 2013Seamonkey25 01-20-13  12:02 pm
Archive through January 28, 2013Jimmer25 01-28-13  2:21 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I do think she makes helpful critiques,she just needs to edit them down.Too long winded.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 3:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Mariah is pretty long winded too... I guess they all are at times.

I really should stop watching until auditions are done.

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 4:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I always watch the first couple of auditions then tire of them pretty quick. When does it start pairing down?

I find Mariah talks really slow....

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
When I watch until the very end and they show all the quick clips of who got golden tickets I realize that we really only see a very small percentage to those going to Hollywood. They waste so much of our time with fluff stuff and back stories, thinking they are entertaining us, that they don't seem to realize we want to hear the singers tryout!

I am really appreciating Keith. He is observant, sincere, positive and very kind. I like him a lot and would listen to him. I also feel like Mariah knows her stuff and can assess pretty well what the talent level is. Randy and Nikki are "fluff" judges as far as I'm concerned.

Randy really needs a new vocabulary!

Nikki did seem a bit toned down last night.....at least with regard to her comments and snippets towards other judges. Her outrageous clothing? Never!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, Nicki was toned down some, especially when she wasn't there! LOL. I just wonder, does she sing so nasally like she talks?

I agree about wanting to see/hear the auditions and not the fluff, but I know I'm not in their target demographic so maybe others like the drama more?

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have no idea if they were serious or if it's a big joke that they let National Anthem girl go to Hollywood. What a mess.

I thought the sign language kid was so sweet. I was so happy for him.

And the girl who was hearing the voices telling her to audition might be a little off in the head. I laughed when she said she heard that Nikki worships the devil....LOL

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I, too enjoyed the Asian young man who had the deaf parents.

I did not enjoy the gal that mutilated our Nat'l Anthem.

I didn't think that the "little for his age" 16 yr old boy that is ill was as good as he needed to be to go forward.

I totally enjoyed the gal w/the puppet!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree with all the comments about tonight's show. Looking forward to Hollywood week next week.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 11:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I know the 16y/o boy (Kayden?) with Cystic Fibrosis wasn't the best singer but I'm happy that they allowed him through. I won't be surprised when he's cut during Hollywood week but I'll be rooting for him all the way!

Can you imagine handling the fact that you've only got about 15+ years to live before CF takes your life? I applaud his positive outlook and acceptance of his ultimate fate.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
What the heck with the National Anthem girl? Surely they are joking. Like Keith, but it was when they said "yes" that I fell out of my chair!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, that was crazy. Imagine her ruining the chances of an entire group.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Nat'l Anthem girl was awful! I couldn't believe they put her through!

Kayden, the 16 yo with CF, was so adorable! He reminded me of a little Justin Bieber. Egbok, his life expectancy isn't that he'll live to be 31, but that he's not expected to live beyond that. He could pass at any time if his condition worsens. CF is a terrible disease. My heart broke for his family.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
This sort of stuff is discouraging. And I really liked the guy.

American Idol 12 Contestant Admits He Lied About Military Service
mjsbigblog

American Idol 12 Hollywood contestant, Matt Farmer has finally admitted that he lied about his service in Iraq. For more on the controversy, check out this link. The story he spun to Idol producers during his audition in Long Beach, about being injured by an IED in Iraq, was a fabrication created by Matt.

more at the link

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/smash-2-spoiler-photos-a-new-musical-starring.htm

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Just catching up with last night's show and now I understand the upset at the national anthem girl going through. When Nicki asked for a group vote we replayed it several times and Mariah DID NOT vote. She never opened her mouth. And, Randy was a "yes, I think????" Not an overwhelming response and this should never have happened. It makes a mockery of the others who go through that are serious and good!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And a mockery of anyone who almost made it through.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 02, 2013 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That never would have happened had Simon been there. Not the I miss Simon. Well, maybe a little.

Thanks for that article on Matt Farmer, Jimmer. That's really sad. I've known some people like that. I hope he gets the help he needs and gets his life straightened out.

Jeep

10-17-2001

Thursday, February 07, 2013 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
I watched last night and saw that our hometown boy made it thru after their group song. Yeah! He was in the group with the guy that stutters, Lazaros? Only two made it. I don't know him personally, but it's nice to have someone to root for. He made it to Hollywood last year as well, but was in a terrible group with 3 gals that fought the entire time and then he ended up sick and puked the whole way thru and got cut. Glad he could do it a second time!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 07, 2013 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I hate to say this but I'm not sure that the talent is even as good as recent seasons. I hope they prove me wrong.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 07, 2013 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I kind of like that they separated the boys from the girls for Hollywood week. Probably reduced the drama a bit. Next week we'll see some SERIOUS drama.

Does the fact that we're not getting near the posts in this thread that we used to indicate a pretty precipitous drop in viewership of this show? I think it's run its course.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 07, 2013 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I am going to watch this week's shows because I boycotted until the Hollywood rounds. After that it is up for grabs. There is just so much I would prefer to watch on Wednesdays, not to mention whatever I have left over on Tuesdays...LOL!

Donsgirl

08-01-2005

Thursday, February 07, 2013 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Donsgirl a private message Print Post    
My DVR refused to record this last night. I kept hitting record but it just would not do it. Maybe it was trying to tell me something??? Usually record and watch on friday with the husband.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
There's no gossip section, so I'll post this here.

The Hollywood Reporter says today that producers tried to replace Ms Carey midseason with Jennifer Lopez, but Ms Carey's team threatened legal action. The report also indicates that producers are thinking about wholesale changes in the judging panel for next season, including the elimination of Ms Minaj, the best AI judge since Simon Cowell.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
They can get whomever they wish to judge; this show no longer interests me. Although, I must admit, I'd have to find other avenues to sneek peeks at Keith Urban!

The Voice is much more pleasurable to watch....

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I am for a wholesale getting rid of the judges - you may or may not like Nicki, but she talks far too much as do pretty much most of the judges - say it and shut up, the show is not about you. Bringing back Jennifer will not help, she was all about her as well. I remember when they had 4 judges and still managed to get 10 singers in a hour, the judges said 2 sentences and that was it, - the show it toooooo long!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
They need to put a timer on the judges, especially Mariah. That girl rambles. And I do love Keith Urban.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
They can get rid of Nicki Minaj today as far as I am concerned. She is the worst judge ever!

Hands down Simon Cowell is the best judge they ever had and no-one will ever come close to his honesty and ability to say when he has heard a great singer.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think Simon was bored to death the last couple of years. His silliness with Paula was beyond ridiculous. Didn't they have coloring books at one point? How disrespectful to the performers!

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Just home now. Here is the link to the Hollywood Reporter article.

With ratings in a steep slide, American Idol producers and Fox executives in recent weeks hatched a dramatic plan to jump-start the show: replace judge Mariah Carey with Jennifer Lopez, according to knowledgeable sources.
our editor recommends

These sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Carey, who was touted as the big new addition to the judge’s panel this year, responded with a threat of litigation. With that, the plan was dropped, though Idol's producers still are negotiating with Lopez -- who served as a popular judge during the past two seasons -- to appear on the show’s finale in May. And insiders say a search already has begun to replace Carey, most likely Nicki Minaj and possibly the entire judge’s panel for next season. [...]

By contrast, Minaj has turned into Idol's sharp-tongued firebrand, especially seated next to more vanilla judge Keith Urban and stalwart Randy Jackson. Nonetheless, internal Fox research is said to show that Minaj is not a hit with some of the show's audience. "The core viewer is a Midwestern, Southern, older woman who is threatened by Nicki’s aggressiveness," says one knowledgeable source. [etc.]

That all sounds right to me, including the demographic concerns about Nicki among older viewers. And it makes Paula's appearance last week look even more sinister, especially when they had her sit at the judge's table.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
If they brought back Jennifer Lopez as a judge, I really would quit watching. She was the original "it's all about me" judge.
I am an older woman, not a southern and I am not threatened by Nicki's aggressiveness. However, I think her English accent that comes and goes is just plain stupid.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Lazylu, I absolutely agree with your post. If they really think bringing back Jennifer Lopez.....well, whatever. AI will become a bigger joke.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: