TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 28, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XII: Part II season premiere : Archive through January 28, 2013 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
ITA Sea, great post.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Saw this on Facebook this morning and knew I needed to share with y'all:

My hubby says he won't be able to look at NM anymore without thinking, "Mrs. Potato Head!!!"

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
1.maybe I am not one to speak since I haven't watched any of this season and that is because I really can't look at NM. I am probably one of the older folks that they are trying to lose and they have done that quite well.
2. loved whoever "whooshed" in
3. lol on Mrs. Potato Head, now I really can't watch the show. lol.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Wow! Came in here to see what everyone thought of last night and there's nobody? Hellloooooo? That's pretty telling regarding how many people are watching and talking about this show. Kind of sad.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I sort of agreed with Nikki on the 'argument'. However, it was not as bad as they made it out to be. I thought that Randy and Nikki were having more of a conflict than Mariah and Nikki.

On a side note, I noticed that their cuts to the judges while the contestant was singing was a bit off. At one point while Keith was still there, Nikki was on the right hand side of Randy. But, in some of the edited cutaways to the judges, she was on the left hand side of Randy. When Keith left, Randy moved to the middle and she was now on the left side of Randy. So, the producers needed to work more on their editing because it was all mixed up.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I only watched the first hour, but did see the "fight". I gather Nikki came back. I sort of agree with her that the other 3 went on and on about what genre the gal should sing. But, Mariah did have a point about it was more important to talk about someones singing and giving them advise then it was to talk about the clothes they were wearing. Zing at Nikki.

Bonzacat

07-08-2003

Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonzacat a private message Print Post    
The fight was edited quite a bit from what really happened to the show last night.

Here is an article with both versions:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/
american_idol_12/2013_Jan_24_fight-footage

Bonzacat

07-08-2003

Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonzacat a private message Print Post    
"Nicki/Mariah 'American Idol' Showdown: What We Know Vs. What We Saw"

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1700733/nicki-minaj-vs-mariah-carey-american-idol.jhtml

Loremma

04-25-2004

Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Loremma a private message Print Post    
I'd like less Nicki and more Keith and Mariah.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I have to say, watching the show last night, I agreed with Niki. Keith, who I love, was put out by the singer saying I did the country thing and Randy and Mariah then grilled her and forced her as Niki said, to lie or tailor her answers because she wanted to be put through. her voice was good enough and as Nicki said the singer wasnt treated fairly. I agreed with her.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Nicki had a point but she is usually the one going on and on and on off on some tangent about their outfit or making up strange names for them and even when she talks about the actual performance she seems to take up lots of verbal space to me.

She is such a distraction and not usually in a good way.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, January 25, 2013 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i can only watch in bits and pieces cause Niki drives me crazy. i am loving watching Keith's face when he enjoys a singer!

Donsgirl

08-01-2005

Friday, January 25, 2013 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Donsgirl a private message Print Post    
I have not been listening to the judges. I listen to the people sing then fast forward to see if they have a ticket. I know I am missing a lot but I do not care to hear what any of the judges have to say. I think once it gets down to the ones that matter I will watch it all.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, January 25, 2013 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Can Kieth Urban get any sexier?!!!!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, January 25, 2013 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
He's so down to earth and normal. Nicole Kidman is a very lucky woman.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, January 25, 2013 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
yes she is!

Cindylouwho

01-27-2009

Friday, January 25, 2013 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cindylouwho a private message Print Post    
Agree. Not a big country fan and never knew much about Keith but he sure is cute and sweet.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, January 25, 2013 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
She is a very lucky woman and I bet Keith is a great father too. The look on his face sometimes when someone is singing or Nikki is going on and on is so funny.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 25, 2013 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Now that I watched the unedited video Nicki' point was to trash Mariah.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, January 26, 2013 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The producers super-sanitized the fight for TV, but isn't that just typical?

I just love when the girls flirt with Keith and he points to his wedding ring. Then when he had to leave early cause Nicole was getting some award and he had to go "hold her hand," I thought that was so sweet! What a lucky girl she is and what an about-face from Tom Cruise!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, January 26, 2013 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I think Keith is also lucky to have found Nicole and I hope their love lasts forever. It is so refreshing to see it .

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, January 27, 2013 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Luv'n Keith as a person & AI judge. Enjoy Mariah as a judge. Have always liked Randy. Can't stand Niki - don't know the purpose for her being there except to cause drama. She's ruining the show IMO from what it's early standards were. I just don't pay attention to her when she speaks just like I don't pay attention to regular folks in real life that are attention seekers.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 27, 2013 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
She is getting lots of attention and I think egging on.. she was on Jimmy Kimmel I think last night.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, January 28, 2013 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
From what I read,shes been getting lots of negative feedback from the viewers. hopefully she will tone it down once the actual finalists start to compete. Even if she does,I still wont like her. Id also like to see her without the weird wigs and makeup. I think shed be really pretty.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, January 28, 2013 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Don't laugh but I do think that she is trying to make intelligent comments for the most part. I think some people just can't get past the big hair and make-up and over the top appearance (and maybe rightly so as it is distracting). I've never liked the idea of a four judge panel at the best of times. Four is just too many. The fourth judge (whoever you assume that to be) just becomes a distraction. Too much judging and not enough contestants.