TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Bachelor Zach Shallcross

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Bachelor Zach Shallcross users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through February 21, 2023Brenda196625 02-21-23  10:24 am
Archive through February 28, 2023Christy35825 02-28-23  10:21 pm
Archive through March 11, 2023Seamonkey25 03-11-23  2:03 pm
Archive through March 21, 2023Sincebb125 03-21-23  11:17 am
Archive through March 28, 2023Dogdoc25 03-28-23  8:50 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 28, 2023 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They spent so much time beating Zach up for the Fantasy Suite debacle. Clearly he kept making it worse, but surely they all knew what was possible. And Gabi did imply to the camera that she intended to break the no sex rule. And on their last date she was pushing hard to get him to commit then. She needs some help with the never picked first theme in her life and this show was probably more wrong for her than for most. Just as well that she is not the next Bachelorette. If she does BIP, that seems unwise, but I won't see that, so, whatever.

Ariel would have been a good Bachelorette, potentially.

For Charity.. Not keen on the brother being there but it might be fun at times. His wig.. Not a good idea..

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, March 28, 2023 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think Gabi was trying to make a joke -- she suspected she was first and was getting dumped, so she joked about them not stopping in the puddle when they brought Kaity. She basically told Jesse she was certain she was getting dumped.

I actually shed a tear for her last night. Wow, that was painful. I agree with her that Zach should have just come and talked to her in her hotel room to dump her. Other bachelors have done that. I'm sure the show likes the whole "who gets out of the limo first". But it's just as suspenseful to see "who's door is he knocking on to dump".

It was interesting to me that Zach did realize how much he messed up the overnights week while he was still in Thailand. So that impressed me a tad bit. He did express to Gabi just how badly he handled that and that it was wrong then. It didn't take watching it back for him to realize.

I did pick Kaity long ago for Zach. I so rarely pick the gal that the Bachelor picks. IT just all felt a little anti-climatic after all that hurt with Gabi. I wish her well and think she will be okay. It's brutal to watch them get strung along like that.

I'm thinking Charity's brother is just there on night one. It would be super weird for her to give him a rose.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, March 28, 2023 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Ariel is the embodiment of classy, elegant, intelligent, mature, well spoken...and stunning to boot. She was in the background early on, because she is a quiet and cautious soul. IMO she would have been a perfect choice for the next Bachelorette. But for the producers, she is too composed, and would not have provided the petty drama required to propel this show

This was one of the more heart wrenching finales. Zach made it seem as if the two (Gabi and Katie) were neck and neck. He said he didn't make up his mind until just before the final rose.

Nevermind that no woman wants to hear she was chosen to be proposed to OR thrown to the side, by a decision made just a few hours before the proposal. Zach continually professing that it was such a tough decision...he was so "torn" and "pulled" in two directions. Gabi knew.

As Zach was proposing to Katie I was groaning. He was literally twisting the proverbial knife in Gabi's heart. He told Katie he knew from the beginning and that that he knew on their date. But clearly way before the few hours that Zach alleges.

Did they cut Gabi's speech to Zach? The one she says she worked on all day. If they did, it was the only mercy the editing showed her. They all disgraced her on national TV, then discarded her unceremoniously. Shame on them all.

Beware all future Bachelor/Bachelorette participants. You may possibly end up with an (temporary) engagement. But most likely you will be edited in to a character that is less than flattering. Most likely exposing every flaw you ever thought you had, and some you didn't know. They will deconstruct you and leave you a sorry pile of all of your worst fears.

Even if you "win"...at what cost? Your "prize" is a guy (girl) that slept with possibly two others that were in also in the running to be your spouse just hours before the engagement.

I just think the formula for this show is defective. Time to overhaul the basics of the premise. Never liked the overnight dates at the end...too much pressure. If 2 people want to sleep together badly enough, they will find a way to do it on one of the regular one on one dates. Hannah didn't need an overnight. They did in broad daylight in a windmill. Who knows how many times it has happened, that we aren't aware of. That's the way it's supposed to be.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 28, 2023 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think if Gabi made the usual speech, that they cut it, which was one tasteful thing they did. Some years they have let the chosen one speak too long, only to be embarrassed.

Zach should have gone, on camera, but to her room.. Oh he did, but just kept leading he on and left her to pull on her final rose dress, step in the mud, to make that walk to be rejected.

Maybe production pushed that, but Zach could have pushed back. Other Bachelors have.

I did enjoy his family.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, March 28, 2023 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hannah "did it" 4 times with Pilot Pete in the windmill on her overnight date. And then she picked someone else, so the women can be just as bad.

But I agree with almost everything else you said, Sincebb1 (as we usually do).

I was up till 5:00 am writing and proofreading my recap. I was very disappointed in Zach. I think I've said before, he's probably one of the worst Bachelors ever. Just no compassion or empathy. What a jerk. Good luck, Kaity! And you dodged a bullet Gabi. See you in Paradise!

Sean Lowe managed to handle overnights with class and dignity, but he may have been the only one. Still a classy guy.

Here's my take on the Finale/ATFR:

https://www.realitytea.com/2023/03/28/bachelor-season-27-episode-11-recap-the-finale-and-after-the-final-rose/

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, March 28, 2023 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
yeah, it felt pretty awful to hear Zach saying he couldn't decide, didn't decide until the last minute, and then see him tell Kaity that he decided weeks ago that she was the one. It seemed like he was trying to explain to Gabi that he wanted to enjoy the ride, have his hand in the cookie jar, as long as he could before he settled down with the woman he picked weeks ago. Yuck.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, March 29, 2023 - 3:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I agree Brenda, “yuck”

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 29, 2023 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It always happens. We start out liking the guy and end up despising him. I just read something this morning that quoted Chris Harrison as saying Bob Guiney slept with like 16 of the women on his season. Ugh. What a dog. And he seemed so sweet at first!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, March 29, 2023 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I heard that about Bob way back. I think he comes off as a sort of naive geeky type of guy. That's how he sucks them in...another wolf in sheep's clothing

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 29, 2023 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I thought that Zach probably decided early on that Kaity was the one. It was the way he looked at her every time they were together. It was just more comfortable than any of the others.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, March 29, 2023 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
good gravy -- how does someone sneak away for all those hook ups?! I just remember him slobbering over all the girls. I think if we went back to look at how many he kissed we'd find that they are all kissing that much now. The women are aggressive kissers and go after the guys now -- not all of them, but many do!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, March 29, 2023 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
You know, I was thinking... Katie and Zach actually got an overnight 1 on 1 date before...remember they spent a day and the whole night together at the museum. MAYBE they already were intimate prior to Overnights? That would explain a lot about all the reactions from everyone at the end

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Are Zach and Katie still together?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
As of 8 days ago, all was reportedly going well.

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/tv/reality-tv/kaity-biggar-and-zach-shallcross-discuss-finding-normalcy-and-adjusting-to-life-after-the-bachelor/

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I no longer care. Zach Shallcross is dead to me.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Sea and Babyjax.

I just cannot believe that the two will stay together.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Time will tell.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: