TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 28, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Bachelor Zach Shallcross: Archive through March 28, 2023 users admin

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, March 21, 2023 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, Gabby has a role to play, but I still feel for her in thinking their time together would be private. And yes, kind of weird for Kaity to say that to her -- I don't have a clear picture of the level of their friendship.

I agree Ariel would have been my preferred choice for Bachette.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 21, 2023 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It was pretty clear that he was not looking at gabby during the final toast. I have to say that when he was telling Katie and upset by her reaction, I think that’s when his feelings became clear to him. He needs to grow up a bit if any relationship is going to work.

Ariel looked absolutely stunning in the fuchsia dress last night. No real crying, she’s a class act. She can do much better than Zach.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, March 21, 2023 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’m assuming Ariel declined the offer. Or maybe the producers wanted to meet a quoted and asked Charity instead. Seems most ppl wanted Ariel. Charity seems a little boring and meek.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, March 21, 2023 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I didn't even know most people wanted Ariel, interesting. I guess we all saw the same qualities in her.

"From reliable sources: Higher-ups pick two-three potential leads before night one and inform producers of their potential candidate. From there, producers do what they can to protect/paint future potential leads in a good light, surround them with multiple producers, and help the lead keep them around to "wait and see because they could have potential"

"I am friends with a few people from the franchise and can confirm it’s true that often they have the next lead picked,” another user wrote. “It creates a lot of animosity in the house.”

I also have some inside people I know, who have said the same thing. Seems Charity was the front runner from the beginning. Wondering if that played a part in Kat stealing Zach away? The Bachelorette starts filming next week already!

Jesse was getting slammed on social media for his frequent use of the phrase "sex week".

"Can Jesse stop calling it sex week!" one fan wrote.

"Someone please tell Jesse that every time he says 'Sex Week' he minimizes the ladies to objects."

I agree...bad enough Zach kept saying it...now here is Jesse snickering about it. Zach was trying to emulate Sean. Sean did it right...and with with so much more class

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 21, 2023 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Gabi took it as a challenge. And apparently it backfired. And he made it all about him.

But since they talked about doing the deed on camera (talk on camera, deed off camera) it seems like it would come out sooner or later.

And if he proposed to Kaity and then it came out online or on the show, that would be worse.

But he just didn't handle things well.

Ariel was probably initially hurt that he was able to resist her but couldn't help himself with Gabi, but it seems all for the best. And the religious differences.. He even talked about his Catholic guilt on last night's show.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, March 21, 2023 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
That's the only thing that makes sense...he tells Katie because he is probably going to pick her and he doesn't want it to come out later. But surely he could have not announced that he had slept with Gabi. And later told Katie when there were no cameras. And not announced his intentions to not sleep with anyone in the first place

These are decisions that every single person that made it to Hometowns had to ponder. They are choices that should be explored in the privacy of the date with no cameras.

But who knows ..he might have evened the score, so to speak...with Katie. I can't wait to hear what Ariel has to say about it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 21, 2023 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am sure there is huge pressure to do these things on camera, to be less boring? That seems to be more important to production than anything close to normal in terms of falling in love.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, March 21, 2023 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah...production LOVES this!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 24, 2023 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I've been busy this week and haven't gotten in here till now.

Brenda1966, they're not allowed to talk to each other off camera (I just read an article about Clayton Echard where he said that). The only time they get to spend time off-camera is in the Fantasy Suite.

Lakecat, I don't know what you mean by Gabi not being "innocent," but she certainly didn't deserve Zach telling the world that they had sex. Even Wells Adams said it wasn't cool to "kiss and tell." https://www.realitytea.com/2023/03/23/wells-adams-weighs-in-on-bachelor-zach-shallcross-sex-confession-says-bro-kiss-and-tell-much/

Kookliebird, I agree with everything you said!

Seamonkey, "But he just didn't handle things well." Understatement of the century!

Here's my recap for this week (sorry I'm a little late), if you want to hear my thoughts. I'm really looking forward to this season being over. Zach is the worst Bachelor since Clayton Echard:

https://www.realitytea.com/2023/03/21/bachelor-season-27-episode-10-recap-zach-makes-and-breaks-his-no-sex-rule-and-two-womens-hearts/

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, March 24, 2023 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, I know they don't get off camera time until the fantasy suite -- but that was THE night of the fantasy suite! So he could have told them in private about his plan to obstain rather than make a big deal about it on camera. I do not recall Sean making a big deal about it on camera, but that was long ago.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, March 24, 2023 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Hmm and I think Zach is one of the better bachelors in The franchise. Besides Sean which Bachelor did you like better Babyjax? Granted Zach’s timing was off when telling Katy. And he could have been more discreet with the goings-on in the fantasy suite but Gabby already told us what she had in mind.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, March 24, 2023 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I’m on the fence about Zach. Sometimes I like him and others times I just shake my head at what he says or does. I do think he needs to grow up a bit. He’ll have to live with everything after the show is over.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, March 25, 2023 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm not crazy about Zach. At first I thought he was just boring, but now I feel like he's kind of a jerk. I agree with Nick Viall, who has said a couple of times this season that Zach lacks empathy (https://www.realitytea.com/2023/03/13/nick-viall-says-bachelor-zach-shallcross-lacks-empathy-and-expects-contestants-to-prove-themselves-worthy/) and that sometimes he acts like a "d**k" (https://www.realitytea.com/2023/03/02/nick-viall-says-zach-shallcross-has-been-acting-like-total-d-k-on-the-bachelor/).

I just found a list of every single bachelor in the franchise (https://www.etonline.com/gallery/129270_every_bachelor_bachelorette_abc/season-23-colton-underwood-39453). I don't think I totally liked any of them, besides Sean Lowe. Almost all of the rest of them disappointed me in some way. But check out the pic of Jesse Palmer!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, March 25, 2023 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Zach is falling in my eyes. It seems like he's an easy going guy as long as you are happy and agreeable. But if you don't agree with him or question things, I don't see him handling that particularly well. I don't see him as being someone who would be strong in the face of adversity. He will just try to leave.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, March 25, 2023 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It's kind of funny how I don't even remember some of those bachelors (I started watching in the third season). I liked Mesnick and Ben. Nick was always one of my favorites. And I liked Pilot Pete. the list shows me how rarely they pick the guys I want to be the Bachelor. And yes, so funny to see that pic of Jesse Palmer.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, March 25, 2023 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I liked Ben but was disappointed in his pick. She was too young and immature. They didn't last long. Mesnick also disappointed me. I hated what he did to Melissa when he dumped her (on live TV!) for Molly. I know the producers made him do it that way, but it was awful. I couldn't watch their wedding. He was dead to me after that.

I liked Pilot Pete, but he went all wishy-washy in the end and flip-flopped on which girl he liked. Also his mom was way too invested. He lost me at the reunion.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, March 25, 2023 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, it was pretty awful what the show did to Melissa. I can't remember, but I feel like I didn't want him to pick her in the first place. They all seem to disappoint to some degree, some more than others for sure. Remember how we all liked Bob G so much, and then he quickly fell out of favor!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 25, 2023 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That link with every bachelor says

quote:

With season 27 newest star announced Sept. 2022, it's time to take a look back at every leading man from the franchise, as well as the new Bachelor, Zach Shallcross, who will be the first black man to star in the series.

Even is Zach is black (is he??), what about Matt James,

quote:

When season 25 of The Bachelor premieres in 2021, the franchise will have its first black star

Christy358

07-10-2007

Saturday, March 25, 2023 - 10:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, I think they just did a copy and paste from an old article about Matt James. Or maybe Zach identifies as black?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, March 26, 2023 - 6:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I remember the professional fisherman. He married his choice and they stayed together for a few years but she was arrested for domestic violence, and maybe him too. I just remember her mug shot.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 26, 2023 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But Matt was the first, no matter how Zach identifies.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 26, 2023 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://people.com/tv/zach-shallcross-facts/

Picture of his family here.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, March 26, 2023 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I think they just updated an old article, and did a poor job of updating -- just added more bachelors, but didn't go back and review and update the text.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, March 27, 2023 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree, Brenda. That article was just an update of an earlier article, but it was very poorly edited. I get so annoyed when so-called professional writers don't proofread!

I didn't actually read the whole article, just perused the list of Bachelors. I think I started watching this show about Season 3 also. I caught the end of the season where Trista was one of the contestants, and then started watching her season of The Bachelorette. I've watched every season since then, except for Michelle Young, because I was bored of the Bachelorette stuck in the motel format they had during the Covid lockdown. Nothing against Michelle, I was just bored with the show.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, March 28, 2023 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
They are really putting Gabi through the ringer!

Mean, dumb questions like "How did you feel when Zach didn't pick you?"

How did Gabi know she was first out of the limo? She snapped at the driver for parking over a puddle. She told them not to do that to Kati.