TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Bachelorette Katie -- General Discuss...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Bachelorette Katie -- General Discussions users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through July 14, 2021Brenda196625 07-14-21  9:58 am
Archive through August 03, 2021Brenda196625 08-03-21  5:04 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, August 03, 2021 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree about the guy who went home to his child. This was not a job assignment but something he chose to do and he made a committment and was SO close to the end. I have to think he just panicked or feared she would not choose him and this was an easy way out.

As for the guy who left last night, tale as old as time, that someone on these shows reaches a point where they just cannot quite make it to the end after a point where they want the choosing person to throw aside the others for them or else. i didn't think she reacted badly; she simply was not able to give him the answer he wanted even though she had been very clear that she didn't want to tell multple guys the same thing but wanted to wait until the end.

He was giving an ultimatum and maybe she could have somehow promised not to let him propose if she knew at the time she would say no.

She had the deer in the headlights look when he gushed and then clearly expected her to say she loved him and he was the one, but they were not at that point in the process yet and she had been clear about that.

I think maybe she felt manipulated and on camera.

By the way, did they ever have fantasy suites? I feel like maybe I skipped a week or something.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, August 04, 2021 - 5:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think Greg has always been her choice. Hasn’t she told him as much?In my opinion he was being a diva. He knows what this show is all about and how it’s suppose to play out. And maybe that’s why the other guy went home so close to the end. He knew he wasn’t going to be The One so he might as well go home to his son.

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Wednesday, August 04, 2021 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
He seemed to change when he watched her & Blake on their date from the balcony. I think that made him insecure and got into his head. I don’t know what he expected Katie to say or do.

As for Michael, the kid was staying with the grandparents if I remember correctly. I’m wondering if maybe they said something to the kid like we’re going to see Daddy and since the kid couldn’t go is where he came up with that Daddy didn’t want to see him anymore. Anyway, I don’t blame him for leaving.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 04, 2021 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I absolutely disagree about Mike. I truly think he was torn between Katie and his son, but his son has to be his first priority. As a parent, it would shatter my heart to hear my son say, "You don't want to see me anymore." That little boy was suffering. He's already lost his mom, and his dad is all he has left. A few weeks can be an eternity to a child. My parents left me with relatives when I was three to travel back east when my dad's father was dying. They took my baby brother with them, but left me. I still remember it to this day (over 60 years ago).

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, August 05, 2021 - 5:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Listening to Greg was uncomfortable.

I think he would turn out to be controlling.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, August 05, 2021 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
He did seem a bit that way. She didn't understand where he was coming from and he just shut down, rather than try to clearly communicate to Katie. I was confused by him also. Who wants to marry someone who goes into a pout for reasons that aren't even clear to you? It was pretty weird.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, August 06, 2021 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Greg to Katie: "I said I had a hole in my heart, and you didn't say anything."

Greg is an actor. It sounds like he was playing a part and didn't get a good review from Katie.

It is all Katie's fault Greg. You gave a masterful performance and she didn't appreciate it.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, August 06, 2021 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Greg is an actor?! I'd buy a ticket to that movie! :-)

Fantasy suites would be this coming week. If that even happens. It's when it's final 3. Since we just have one episode left, I'm guessing we don't have a normal final 3 then final 2.

Sampatsfan

06-28-2010

Saturday, August 07, 2021 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sampatsfan a private message Print Post    
I am so disappointed with Greg. I think if he really cared for her he wouldn't have just thrown up his hands and left like that. His behavior was kind of ridiculous. My Aunt told me a few weeks ago that Greg was basically auditioning to be the next Bachelor. I loved him from night one and hoped they would end up together. Knowing how much I liked him she read that somewhere and told me. I so so wanted her to be wrong. But after his last "performance" it makes me think this was his plan all along and he had to do something because it was too close to the end! Boo Greg!!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 09, 2021 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I hope they don't make Greg the next Bachelor. I just don't like him after his temper tantrum with Katie. Katie and I were both confused about what he was talking about. One minute he's telling her how crazy he is about her, and the next he's shut down and not talking to her. Not a quality I'd look for in a partner. It was super childish.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, August 10, 2021 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Didn't anyone watch last night? I was rooting for Katie and happy about the engagement until she had her own tantrum on the after show and I lost a lot of respect for her. She just went on and on about Greg and seemed overly bitter and angry for a woman who is supposedly in love and "found her person". I wonder what Blake thought of it?! It looked clearly like a woman scorned and not over Greg one little bit. If Blake is her "person" she should have thanked Greg for his departure! Instead it seems like she still has deep, deep feelings for him. I'd be perfectly okay with Greg as the next Bach. He handled her tantrum as well as could be expected.

Bring on Bach in Paradise. Wells says it's a WILD season!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, August 10, 2021 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching and I thought Katie did great!! I loved that she told Greg off for talking down to her (he did) and for gaslighting her and making her feel that she'd done something wrong (he did). I admired her for telling him off like that. He deserved everything she said. It did seem like he was looking for an escape, the way he just flipped a switch and was over her in an instant. She was absolutely right that she was still in a relationship with three men and she wasn't ready to tell him she loved him, even though she had feelings for him. I loved that she asked him, "Did you not know what show you were on? That's how it works." Go, Katie!!!!

I had so many guys do that to me when I was dating. So many guys seem to enjoy the chase, but when they catch you, they're all like, "Oh wait! I didn't mean for this to be a relationship! I thought we were just having fun here!" Had my heart broken that way quite a few times. I could so relate to Katie's tears and heartbreak.

I'm in agreement about BIP. I missed them last summer. I love Mexico and love watching them live on the beach and all the drama. Can't wait!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, August 10, 2021 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Brenda, I"m with you.. I thought her reaction was very over the top.

Not really a fan of Greg either, but yes, I can see that he was not interpreting her actions as being really "into" him, and he probably over-reacted to that too.

But that's this show... sets people up in impossible situations, and thrives on the drama it creates.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 11, 2021 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Greg did an interview with Nick Viall, and he's now saying he regrets the way he ended things with Katie and that he "acted like an a$$." He also said that she didn't deserve that. I agree.

https://www.eonline.com/news/1298548/bachelorettes-greg-grippo-says-hes-ashamed-of-how-he-behaved-during-katie-thurston-breakup

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, August 11, 2021 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Good for him. I believe in his sincerity now and when he was struggling with her odd, cold reaction to his pouring his fragile heart out to her. Being remorseful is what most people would do.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, August 12, 2021 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I didn't think she was odd or cold. She had a big smile on her face, but obviously she was struggling with what she could say to him, since she'd decided she wasn't going to tell anyone she loved them until there was only one left (ie. didn't want to pull a Ben). She may have handled it poorly, but I really believe she had deep feelings for him. He just kind of gave her an ultimatum, and she wasn't sure what to do. Then he reacted poorly when she didn't immediately return his feelings with her words. I thought he was totally in the wrong.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, October 26, 2021 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That was fast! https://www.today.com/popculture/bachelorette-stars-katie-thurston-blake-moynes-call-it-quits-t235954

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, October 26, 2021 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
No surprise there!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 26, 2021 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Thursday, June 23, 2022 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Katie has now broken up with John, her post Blake boyfriend. I think she has commitment issues.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: