TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 14, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Bachelorette Katie -- General Discussions: Archive through July 14, 2021 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 08, 2021 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I can't believe nobody's started this already. Did nobody watch last night's episode?

I can't get into the men yet. Just too many of them. I do like Cat Man and Box Man so far. They really stood out and she seemed to like both of them.

I don't know about having two hosts. When Kaitlyn and Taysia came trundling out side by side, all I could think of were those two little Japanese twins in the Mothra movies. Or the two little girls in "The Shining" who would always say, "Wanna play with us?" It's just one too many hosts.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, June 08, 2021 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I agree about the two ladies hosting. Seems like too much giggling rather than being serious. Besides, I'm not a big Kaitlyn fan to begin with.

I like the Cat Man too. He was cute. Also the guy who got her first impression rose.

It bothered me greatly that she seemed to be freezing cold when she was greeting all of the guys. Give the girl a coat! And then inside, many of the men were sweating. Did they have the heat cranked too high indoors? Why do we always have to see these men sweating. And it looks like they are in the dessert, so more sweat to come I'm sure!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, June 09, 2021 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
They filmed in the desert in the spring. It was still cool there (high plains). I think the men were sweating cause they were nervous. I did notice that when she was outside hanging out with the men, she often was wearing one of their suit coats. I love that!

I'm actually pleased with the location this time. The 1950s Palm Spring Resort they used last year looked dated. This place is much nicer. I looked it up. They are in Pueblo, NM. I still miss the exotic locations. Maybe we'll be able to get back to that with the next Bachelor.

Tiernet

06-07-2004

Wednesday, June 16, 2021 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tiernet a private message Print Post    
The show has jumped the shark BIGTIME

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 29, 2021 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sadly I think this show is OVER. I find myself daydreaming a lot and not really caring about anybody on this show. I thought the whole drama with Thomas was manufactured and stupid. The one guy who was saying they should trust Katie and let her make up her own mind was right. But then they all had to act like a bunch of hormonal girls and "demonstrasize" (Thomas's word, not mine--I had the closed captioning on, so that's what he said) Thomas's character. I felt like he got a raw deal. I'm sure every single guy who goes on the Bachelorette considers the possibility of being the next Bachelor at some point or other. They are going to pick someone, after all, so it's really unrealistic to pretend that none of them had ever thought of it.

I'm also over the stupid "challenges." Watching the guys eat a giant tray full of carbs and then have to eat two hot peppers, was nauseating and disgusting. Maybe I'm too old for this show, but I didn't find it entertaining.

I am, however, counting the days till Bachelor in Paradise!!! I'm wondering if Thomas will show up there again.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, June 29, 2021 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, I was coming here to say the same thing.

I hated the way the 'girls' laughed while they watched the guys struggle.

What good could possible come out of Blake getting a third try. The other guys worked hard to be chosen to stay around.

Babyjax, maybe Thomas and Blake will be in Paradise.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, June 29, 2021 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Ironically, It seems the real winner here is Chris Harrison.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 29, 2021 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was so confused when she went to I gather Blake's room Like, who is Blake? From this season?

I didn't care enough to find out but, huh??

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 29, 2021 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
OK, he was Clare/Tayshia season.

So does this mean that Katie was there for him and not all the others.....

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, June 30, 2021 - 5:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I hope Blake leaves.

I was ready to turn the tv off when Katie called "Thomas", while holding a rose.

I am tired of these grown women having meltdowns. It should be no surprise to them that some men were not there for 'the right reason'. Just dump them and move on.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, June 30, 2021 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think it was a mistake to have two bachettes act as host together. Brings things down to a sorority party level. All the giggling! And yes, this isn't fear factor. Having people over eat is just gross. And then the peppers? I can't imagine the intestinal distress caused. To prove your love? The other tasks were kind of fun and silly, but the overeating is just too gross.

Not being able to travel to fun locations really hurts this show as it turns it into a season of 'double dare' or some MTV frat party.

I don't mind Blake coming in so much. I realize this show has to do something to add to the drama when they are stuck at one location.

Can't wait for PAradise!

I have wondered if they are filming Michelle's season of Bachette at the same time. They probably could easily have them all spread out at the same hotel and then our two hostesses would only have to work a few weeks, rather than dragging this on and on with back to back filming.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, June 30, 2021 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Ironically, It seems the real winner here is Chris Harrison.

OMG, Brenda!!! Are you telling me I have to sit through ANOTHER season of The Bachelorette before we get to everybody's favorite, Bachelor in Paradise??? Kill me now.

I agree that the pandemic really hurt this show. The main reason I watch is for the exotic dates and beautiful locations. It's really boring when they're stuck in one place.

And every time I see one of those horrible food challenges, I remember Rob Mariano (Boston Rob) on The Amazing Race, who outright refused to eat 5 pounds of barbecued meat . . . and then convinced several teams behind him not to eat it either, therefore assuring that he wouldn't come in last. BRILLIANT! (And they won the mill!)

I still feel bad for Thomas. I feel like the others just ganged up and scapegoated him for their own entertainment. I hate when contestants decide that someone is there "for the wrong reasons." Just focus on your own relationship, and quit being distracted by the other people there.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, June 30, 2021 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So much to discuss here.

The pandemic restrictions have hurt. The travel and exotic locations were among my reasons for watching the show. Combine the lack of those with increasingly obvious manipulation and lack of sincerity and goodwill on the part of the participants and it has become trash(ier) TV.

I absolutely loved Rob's play on The Amazing Race. His ability to think outside of the box and take control of the game was exceptional. Fun challenges and games are fun but not challenges that are physically bad for people. No one wins those.

The two host idea was horrible. Totally distracting and it waters down the show with irrelevancies. They should have accepted Harrison's apology and moved on. Instead, they rewarded him and sent him laughing to the bank while this show lurched into a trainwreck.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, July 01, 2021 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I totally agree about the two hosts. Although I like Taysia and Kaitlyn in general, every time they trundle into a room together, I can't help but think of Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, July 01, 2021 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think we actually get Paradise before the second season of BAchette-. So be thankful for that!

And yes, Boston Rob. Such a smart guy, good strategist. Loved him on every season.

The way Thomas was sent home was adolescent. I realize the show is about drama, but it was unkind. I tell my kid all the time to "be the better person". She should have pulled him aside and sent him home before the Rose ceremony. But then there wouldn't be enough DRAMA!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, July 02, 2021 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I didn't like that either, Brenda. I still feel like Thomas got a raw deal. All the guys and Katie ganged up on him and decided he was a "bad" guy. There was really no evidence that he was, except that he let slip that he'd thought about something you know every single one of them has thought about but would never admit (being the Bachelor). It was really ugly the way she sent him home. Not a good look, Katie.

Oh, and for the Boston Rob fans, I Googled him and Amber. They now have have four little girls and every one of them has "Rose" for a middle name. They have their own little rose garden!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, July 02, 2021 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Didn’t Katie kind of get ganged up on too by the other Bach’ettes from The Bachelor?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, July 02, 2021 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, Katie did bear the brunt of the other Bachettes rage a few times. So you'd think she'd know bettr than to participate in that.

I follow Boston Rob on twitter. His family is just precious. He teaches them how to saw and build things. Also how to cook. Just the cutest.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, July 03, 2021 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I love that Boston Rob is the father of four little girls.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, July 03, 2021 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I know we’ve gone a little off-topic here but here’s Rob and Amber and their girls.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL9YWFhs45t/?utm_medium=copy_link

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, July 04, 2021 - 5:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
A very attractive family!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, July 04, 2021 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, that's adorable! They all look just like their mom. Thanks for sharing!🥰

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, July 12, 2021 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Rob and family might be a fun reality show

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, July 13, 2021 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Definitely more interesting than this season of the Bachelorette. A contest to see who can hold out from masturbating the longest?! I didn't think this show could sink any lower, but I was wrong. Definitely has jumped the shark.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, July 14, 2021 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes. A show that pretended to have some class, just lost it.