TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 18, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2021: General Discussion: Questions (Not Technical): Archive through September 18, 2021 users admin

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, September 09, 2021 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
The term People of Color (POC) includes many races that have been treated as "lesser than". Middle eastern people, Asians, Mexicans and more have been included in this term. Also, in general many people who do not "look" white are sometimes treated poorly. They are also included in the term People of Color. In the case of Big Brother, Derek x, Alyssa and others may also be considered POC.

Historically, Black slaves were often raped by their owners there are a lot of mixed race Black Americans. We all know that Black people have been marginalized in America for a very long time. The group that banded together were considered Black (some are mixed race, but still Black.) Because this was literally the first time that so many Black players were allowed to play the game together, they felt that it was an opportunity to advocate for all African Americans through their alliance. This is one reason why they were aiming to have a Black team at the end. Of course, ultimately every one of those players also wants to win for their own personal reasons.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, September 09, 2021 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I am a POC, but I would not have been allowed to be part of the Black Alliance. That's okay, though. I completely understand why they felt that they needed to do this. It was an incredible opportunity to put a face on a racial issue that still runs rampant in America. It also allows an opening for us to have respectful discussions where we can learn more about the plight of POC, Black Americans, and African Americans.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, September 10, 2021 - 12:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the above, Strategist. I agree with all you posted.

I have zero problem with the Cookout alliance and the fact that one of them will win it.

I would LOVE for Tiffany to win because this whole concept was her baby, and she gave her all to make it come true, and it will come true, but just maybe for Xavier who may not need it.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, September 10, 2021 - 4:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Personally, the only thing that would make it better for me is if it became an "all girl" alliance and a Black woman won. Not sure if that is likely to happen, though.

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Friday, September 10, 2021 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
I looked in last night's show thread and did not see it mentioned but did Big D abandon his usual nonsensical eviction vote phrase? I thought he said 'I evict. .'. If so, I wonder if he got a clue from ZingBot that his phrase wasn't big with viewers.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, September 10, 2021 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yes, Bid D abandoned his old way, and spoke normally.

K9lover1

07-04-2005

Friday, September 10, 2021 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send K9lover1 a private message Print Post    
I wonder if any of the houseguests have a clue that the next week is going to be another double eviction

Kminfinity

06-29-2005

Friday, September 10, 2021 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kminfinity a private message Print Post    
Great post, Strategist! Thanks.

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Friday, September 10, 2021 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
Thanks Dogdoc

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, September 11, 2021 - 5:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kminfinity.

Realityshowfan

07-27-2017

Monday, September 13, 2021 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Realityshowfan a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know if second place receives more money this year ?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, September 13, 2021 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Reality: it has been confirmed outside of the house that second place gets $75k this year. I don't know if it has been discussed inside of the house.

Kalfla

07-17-2005

Saturday, September 18, 2021 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kalfla a private message Print Post    
So, after watching Ky explain why he voted out Hannah in the dr, referencing all big d has done, and having to honor it...I have to ask...anyone know what ky thinks big d has done? I know my answer is nothing from my perspective, but anyone know what he is referring to?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, September 18, 2021 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I'm assuming he was just saying that in the DR, to save face? Trying to justify why he kept DF over Hannah...well over ANYONE so far. Ky and X are well aware of how all the other HGs, CO or not, view both Azah and DF. Hence why they got dragged to the end.

Ky is a weird bird. Like his story of how he was a perfect boyfriend to his ex-girlfriend except that he cheated on her. But other than that he was a perfect boyfriend. He clearly needs to make up in his head a reason why he is still a good person in spite of any non-desirable thing he has done.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, September 18, 2021 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
You know what I would like to know? Why at the bottom of CBS Big Brother website is there a picture of Orwell the Owl with the words "Big Brother After Dark, Every Night on POP".

There has been no BBAD for years. Why do they still have that there?

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Saturday, September 18, 2021 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I'm just catching up on the shows ... was azah thinking with her nominations????!!!!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, September 18, 2021 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
She trusted that Kyland wouldn’t use the veto. She was hoping to boot X. Someone tell me if I have that wrong. Lol

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, September 18, 2021 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
No, she wanted Hannah out.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, September 18, 2021 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Since.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, September 18, 2021 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Welcome! She was freaked out that Ky used veto. Both her and DF thought they were trying to pull a fast one on them. But her intention was Hannah. She totally lied to Hannah by saying she wanted X out.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Saturday, September 18, 2021 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
But why did she think she could win if Hannah went? Her only hope of a chance was 2 to 2

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, September 18, 2021 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
WE know that...but both Azah and DF are delusional. Hannah tried to tell her. Tiff tried to tell her. She just wanted to go to the end with the guys. But who knows....if there is a bitter jury....but she thinks she played a good game

Cathie

08-16-2000

Saturday, September 18, 2021 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
I’ve come to the conclusion that Julie only knows what production tells her about the goings-on in the house. She does not have any ideas of her own about the game play and likely never watches the feeds. Her job boils down to a couple of hours a week of doing the live show. An example is how she thinks Derek F is so popular, probably based on the likely erroneous votes he received in the Wild Card competitions.

Can you imagine if Jeff Probst hosted Survivor with as little knowledge of the game as Julie displays?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, September 18, 2021 - 10:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Julie is window dressing, but she is iconic Chenbot window dressing, and we love her anyway.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, September 18, 2021 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Cathie back in the day Julie used to watch the feeds. She also was very informed of everything going on inside and out of the house. I feel now things have changed. She not only seems less in touch with big brother but also less in touch with the world in general.

I don't know if the combination of raising a small child, the scandal surrounding her husband, and having to resign from her own talk show had this effect on her? It's almost like she doesn't dare become involved in any kind of controversy or have an opinion on anything.

Now with all her somewhat weird religious remarks towards many of the contestants, many feel she is just...gone.

Not to mention... Can anybody tell me who dresses this woman? This year it's gotten a little better but last year and the year before, I thought does she have a blind person dressing her? Lol?

I never ever thought I would say this.. but because she has been so detached the last couple of years, I just feel like they might need somebody new.

You are right. Jeff Probst with Survivor. Phil Keoghan with Amazing Race. Even Andy Cohen with the Real Housewives... All are much more involved and knowledgeable of their shows. Something has shifted in Julie. I don't know what it is, but she's not our old Chenbot.