TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
12th Show, May 25

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLII: 12th Show, May 25 users admin

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 26, 2022Naja25 05-26-22  8:29 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Slinkydog

11-30-2005

Thursday, May 26, 2022 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Slinkydog a private message Print Post    
At least 5 jurors said they came in leaning toward Mike, but were swayed by Maryanne's answers to their questions. She really did a great job with that, especially compared to Mike and Romeo, who seemed to have not given their presentation much thought.

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Thursday, May 26, 2022 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Maryanne knowing the names of the challenges meant that she had studied up on past episodes. Mike said that he had seen all the episodes, but obviously not learned from them how not to make jurors angry at you for stabbing them in the back. Great season.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 26, 2022 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I have to say I was disappointed in Jonathon's lack of concentration in the final immunity and the fire making challenge. He has a bad habit of always looking to see how others are doing, instead of just focusing on his own performance.

That said, I am very happy with a Maryanne win. Would have liked to see her face off with Jonathon in the final vote. I think she may still have won.

I felt bad for Lindsay! But they were right, she would have gotten a lot of votes I think, so they had to vote her off.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, May 26, 2022 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I had no idea that the name of the last immunity challenge was "Simotions" (sp?)

I think at the challenge before that, Jonathan was so far behind Mike and Lindsey when it came to the puzzle, he decided to cheer on Mike instead of finishing the puzzle.

I had to LOL every time Jonathan called him Mr. Jeff. He has mad respect for the game and Jeff.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, May 26, 2022 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I kind of don't like that Survivor now has so many immunity idols. I would like to go back to the the days where there were one or two in the play in the entire season.. that was enough. Now we basically had a tribal that had the potential of having four out of six people (was it?) Safe because of the immunity idols. Then there was the immunity necklace and the shot in the dark. Theoretically everyone could have had some kind of immunity. I would like to go back to the old survivor where there weren't so many. Also that they not get replaced as soon as one was played.

I would appreciate if they built a wall around the fire building competition. So that random wind does not play a part in sabotaging or aiding one or the other player

I also don't like the trend on the shows where the jury feels that the final contestants have to "own" what they did in order to get their vote. For me it kind of doesn't matter that somebody stuck to their word. Or did lie or didn't lie. Or planned the strategy ahead of time or pivoted at the last moment. Whatever they did, somehow got them to the end. A lot of it is also luck. I guess I would just like it to be less about luck and groveling at the end?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 26, 2022 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think with Mike it was that he first claimed he played with honesty and integrity and didn't lie to anyone but RocksRoy, and then the others called him out on it, which is when he kind of admitted it but not really. I think they just wanted him to be telling the truth at this final tribal.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, May 26, 2022 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I know I'm a lone wolf in what I have to say and I can live with that. For me it was one of the top ten disappointing final tribals with all the fabricated tales of strategy and for the first time, I didn't even bother with the reunion. One person (in my opinion) was simply a better storyteller and knew how to use her tears, hence her win. I was disappointed in the jury at the bitterness held against Mike. They all lied so why the drama?

If anyone returns, I hope it is Drea, Jonathon or Omar, that's it. Maryanne will sink if she returns. It was pure luck that she had Jonathon on her team to literally carry her and feed her through to the merge and in the end, she resented him for it.

I'm going to pretend that the season ended right before the final tribal and keep all my good thoughts about what a great season this was because I was entertained right up until then. I'm looking forward to the next season with the hope that they will eliminate the advantages and excessive idols but also accpeting that maybe, just maybe, this just isn't one of my shows any longer.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, May 26, 2022 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kappy, I agree this jury was more bitter than I thought they would be, especially at the beginning. I love Maryanne but also agree if she wasnt on Jonathan's team she probably wouldn't have made the merge

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, May 26, 2022 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sassy, that's right! It happened the season Wendall won, Laurel came in 3rd so she cast the finale vote for him

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, May 26, 2022 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
This was one of Marianne's more important moves:
https://twitter.com/DaltonRoss/status/1529648045045997568

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, May 26, 2022 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I just love that two Canadian women of color won back-to-back Survivors. Here is an ET Canada interview. Erika interviews Maryanne and they discuss the importance of diversity and representation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxN1cPb4ctY

Looks like 43 will include a very diverse cast once again. Really looking forward to it.

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Sunday, June 05, 2022 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
Interesting article regarding Omar and issues with Drea.

https://heavy.com/entertainment/survivor/omar-zaheer-drea-wheeler-lies-ponderosa/

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, June 06, 2022 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Wow. Thanks for posting that. Drea often gave me a bad vibe.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, June 06, 2022 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
What a POS Drea is!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, June 06, 2022 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I liked Drea! I want to hear her side of the story before I judge her.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, June 06, 2022 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I liked what we saw of Drea on the show. Her tribal council exit was one of the most enjoyable ever and she seemed like such a good sport about it.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, June 06, 2022 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I always had a hinky feeling about her, I only started liking her at her tribal LOL

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, June 06, 2022 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The article is obviously biased in favor of Omar, given that it is all his account of how these events transpired. It's an interesting read and I appreciate it when TVCH'ers find these things and post about them but I try to keep in mind that the article authors also have their own agenda as well (that being getting people to click and read).

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, June 06, 2022 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I uh kind of noticed that I forgot to update the banner.

Sorry about that. Believe it or not, I still haven't got around to seeing the final. Sometimes life just gets in the way.

Although I haven't seen it yet, I was happy to hear that Maryanne won. Two POC in a row and both Canadian!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, June 06, 2022 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Well that is just sad if true. I would like to hear from Drea as I was rooting for her but honestly, it wouldn't surprise me to find out it was true.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 07, 2022 - 1:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Survivor kind of encourages lies and I imagine there is no concensus on what crosses the line for each of them. Omar clearly sees his lies as ok.

I remember Johnny Fairplay lying that his grandmother had died. Crossed the line for many, but others thought it was a hoot.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, June 07, 2022 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm not surprised. I totally believe this about Drea.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, June 07, 2022 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
She wasn't even in the game any longer so why make up lies about his praying or about the death of his father?

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, June 07, 2022 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Is it inevitable that with diversity we get racism?

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, June 08, 2022 - 3:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I'm having some problems with his story.

He came out with it 4 days after Sia a picked Drea as fan favorite. Makes me wonder about the timing.

Anyway, if everything he is saying is true, it doesn't reflect well on all the other contestants who treated him so horribly that he had to see a multitude of psychiatrists when he got back home. Who sees multitudes? It's hard enough to get an appointment with one. Maybe he had to see multitudes because he didn't like what all the other psychologists were telling him. That he's over reacting.

Or, instead of actually going to therapy sessions, he has a lot of friends who are psychologists, and he had conversat>ones with them? If so, that's misleading to us, that he was so damaged that he had to see multitude psychologists to deal with his trauma.

And was Drea questioning if his father really did die since a player once lied about his grandmother's death. And maybe she did believe it was a lie, but why would any of the other players take her word as the gospel truth? Is Omar saying they are stupid? Or was Drea malicious and outright lied and told the others that Omar had told his father's death was a lie and he was trying to manipulate the others. I'd like more info about this.

I'd really like to hear from at least another contestant about this before damning Drea for this story. Like I said at the beginning of this post, if this story is true, it really makes the other contestants look just as bad as Drea in their treatment of Omar when he got to Ponderosa to make him feel so traumatized.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, June 08, 2022 - 3:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Great. unexpected trigger. I never knew about the Sia fan favorite award until now and wish i never read this thread, given i had direct interaction with Sia through the nonprofit I chair challenging her publicly for the horrific movie she made that was ableist, racist, and promoted violence through the unwarranted/wrong use of restraint - which she wouldnt back down from. (Versus the 5 minute short film we had autistic people produce/direct/be featured in as a counter measure that has since won awards at different film festivals). But anyway i am just cringing that Sia would pick Drea since i liked Drea.

I would love to know feedback from the other contestants too, since that is a LOT for Omar to say in terms of everyone hating him... did they really all hate him? what was said to get them so convinced at the time?

Spear

08-05-2001

Wednesday, June 08, 2022 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
Omar didn't name Drea then, but in interviews after the episode he was voted out, he was already talking about the terrible treatment he got at Ponderosa. This was well before Sia gave $100k to Drea:

https://ew.com/tv/survivor-42-omar-zaheer-interview/

quote:

I would say that my Ponderosa experience was very uncomfortable. And um, you know, when you make moves the way that I did, you have to understand that it's gonna come with some sort of heat. I just think that for some people, it went a little bit beyond that, and it was taken to a very personal level that was beyond the game that was kind of ugly, and it was not a pleasant experience necessarily. I think that that was, kind of amends to, if I'm a big monster, then you didn't do that bad of a job kind of thing. It got kind of taken a bit too far, I would say.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: