TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 27, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLII: 8th Show, Apr 27: Archive through April 27, 2022 users admin

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, April 24, 2022 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"Game of Chicken"

1 hr

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, April 24, 2022 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
With 2 boots they really need to give us 2 hrs!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, April 24, 2022 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
???????????????????????????????????

2 boots? Is that general knowledge?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 24, 2022 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It was in the previews. 2 immunity idols and 2 boots.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, April 24, 2022 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I thought previews were fair game and not spoilers. Sorry Jimmer :-(

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 24, 2022 - 11:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So did I! But I gather that if you watch on a streaming service you may not see previews. But Jeff definitely said 2 and 2. And 1 hour isn't a good thing.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, April 25, 2022 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Ack! 2 boots! I based my survivor pick this week on there being one boot. Lol!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, April 25, 2022 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Grooch, you can go change it, it's not too late :-)

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, April 25, 2022 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The previews are totally fair game and not spoilers. No need at all to feel sorry.

I just asked because I didn’t know and I was curious. :-)

Just for everyone’s reference, anything released by production (like previews) is not considered a spoiler.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, April 25, 2022 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
:-)

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Cookout 2.0

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I absolutely hated this episode. Hated.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Horrible tribal

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Not again

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
This is not the cookout.2
I thought it was a powerful tribal.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Next week should be a fun scramble everyone looking for 2 idols!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I'm with Pamy. It was very emotional and heartfelt. I thought Jeff handled it well, too.

If you didn't like it, blame Omar. If he didn't get everyone to switch their votes on the other team, this wouldn't have happened. Funny, how one little thing has huge ripple effects.

Drea and Maryanne were in a damn if you do and damn if you don't situation. It took them a lot of courage to give up their immunity idols.

It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out when they all get back to camp and how/if it changes people's relationships.

And the best part of the episode....

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Tori is gone! I was scared there in those last few minutes.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
And i was amazed at how long Jonathon was able to stay on that triangular floating thing. With those waves, his big body, and him having large feet on such a small space to stand on. Pretty impressive.

Skootz

07-22-2003

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Skootz a private message Print Post    
I honestly don’t come as much to the clubhouse like I use to - but tonight’s tribal really brought it to heart for me. My first the reaction from the players regarding the two members of the jury being black was like, yeah so they were voted out. Then the comments and conversation got so much deeper and what happened further into the tribal wow, it really gave me a bit more insight of what someone of colour goes through on a day to day basis. I honestly don’t see colour anymore (Canada has become very multicultural and I think it’s amazing - We are all God’s children no matter what) and tonight’s conversation in tribal council really showed how racist people still are and people of colour etc are still treated and how they still feel. Makes me sad. But I’m also hoping that the conversation tonight on survivor will open some much more needed conversation and love within the world

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Although I’ve never experienced it myself, I understand why Drea and Maryanne felt the way they did seeing two black people on the jury. There is a very long history of discrimination that black people have endured.

Considering the tribe and the people who were voting, does anyone here think that Rocksroy was voted out because he is black?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Grooch, me too I thought for sure the shot in the dark was going to work tonight!!

also I wanted to add Jeffy looked super sexy with wet slicked hair :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, no I don't but like she said there is subconscious racism. I still dont think they voted him out because he was black but even before Drea brought it up when they showed the jury I thought wow! the first 2 jury are black and they are wanting to vote Drea out right now and it made me sad.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Hi Skootzz!! I agree this tribal should open some healing conversations. That is why I thought this tribal was so powerful.

Skootz

07-22-2003

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Skootz a private message Print Post    
Pamy - I hope it does

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree there is subconscious and systemic racism and the first three jurors being black would not be a good look (though there are also a lot of people voted out earlier who didn’t make the jury).