TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 01, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Right now: Archive through April 01, 2024 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, March 27, 2024 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Absolutely delighted for you Naja! 😀

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, March 28, 2024 - 1:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
It is wonderfulb to see good things happen to good people. We see thee evil prosper so often that we forget to look for the blessings!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 28, 2024 - 4:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Thanks! But I feel bad that I told her she can't bring her blind dog. She wasn't happy about that. I'm the one who cares for the dog when she does her 12 hour shifts, and that was fine before I started the dog business.

RN I think so, Juju. Because she purposely applied at Centerpoint Medical Center because it's literally 5 minutes from my house. Last time she had almost an hour drive to work to a different hospital.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 28, 2024 - 5:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN You guys won't believe this, but Mom's husband is leaving the dementia hospital in Atlanta and coming home to Florida soon. They said he's nothing but a trouble maker and has been begging to go home. He calls mom every day begging to come home. So Mom is moving this week to nicer retirement village. MUCH nicer. She told him if he wants to come home, then they are going to live where she chooses this time. No matter the cost. (he's a cheapskate by nature).

His daughter in Atlanta, my step sister, had been keeping an eye on him and visiting, but she now has a rare blood cancer and will be fighting to overcome that, and she can't have the pressure of her dad right now.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 28, 2024 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, Naja, that's a shame. Why can't you take the blind dog? Because you have so many others coming and going?

also, that's worrisome about the husband... can she handle him if he has dementia?

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 28, 2024 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I can't have the dog here mainly because it's not friendly to other dogs, it took awhile for her to warm up to mine. Plus, my neighbors are annoyed with just 4 dogs here. If I have 5 staying over(including mine), that's legally over the limit, and my neighbor would report me in a heartbeat. So it would cut into my income by me only being able to care for 1 dog at a time. Plus, she works 12 hour shifts most of the time, and it's ME that would caring for it, for free.

The new place my Mom is moving has the hospital and caregivers built right in. She'll have lots of help. It's a fancy place. She's getting a top floor suite with a giant 12x12 enclosed balcony. She sent me this picture of her balcony. She said it has fanciest restaurant of any place she has ever looked at. PLUS, they allow pets! Yes!

Here is the website
https://regencyoaksseniorliving.com/

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 28, 2024 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, Naja, yeah, I can see why that would be a problem (for the blind dog). Do you think she may back out because of that?

And that balcony is gorgeous!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 28, 2024 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I don't know if she would cancel. It would be silly to cancel. She is so comfortable here and it's so close to her work. Plus, she only has about 10 days until she starts work. Not to mention I let her husband and baby come visit and stay over.

That said, you never know.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 28, 2024 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, I didn't realize she had a hubby who could take care of the dog!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 28, 2024 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Such good news about the pharmacist, Naja!

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, March 30, 2024 - 2:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN The Pharmacist hasn't answered my texts since I said she can't being the dog :-(

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 30, 2024 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, darn it, Naja. I was worried about that. The least she could do is respond.

Maybe send her one final text, and say "since I haven't heard from you, I will assume you are no longer interested, and will go ahead and offer the room to someone else."

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, March 30, 2024 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I did just send a final one a few minutes ago. Here is exactly what I said.

"Savanah, you're coming for sure? Please answer soon because I want to avoid another month payment to a couple of the online housing websites."

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, March 30, 2024 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I actually have another serious inquiry for the room for 3 months. A traveling zoo keeper! She has a 3 month contract at KC Zoo.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 30, 2024 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, good message Naja! And fingers crossed for the zookeeper!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, March 30, 2024 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
What an fascinating houseguest!!! Surely she will have some interesting stories!!!!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, March 30, 2024 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
RN, Naja, you don't charge high enough rent for a renter to bring along a special needs dog, so you were absolutely right in saying she could not bring the dog.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 30, 2024 - 10:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I follow a traveling zoo veterinarian an Instagram but she rent an Air BnB and brings her cat who is internet famous for using buttons to communicate.. And sadly, her cat's renal function has reached end stage and they are posting sparingly and I think she is staying home.

But she and a friend she went to veterinary school with are amazing people and if you were to get a zookeeper I think it would be amazing.. They are goid with pets and you might get behind the scenes access.

I agree, given your business, having an extra dog, even if she paid your daily rate for daycare, would impact your availability for your current clientele, not to mention her dog being anxious and not suited to a receiving cast of dog characters.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 31, 2024 - 4:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I just wrote to the zoo person and said I can let them know if the room is still available by tonight.

Also, here's what it says her job will be in the request "seasonal position at the Kansas City Zoo and Aquarium as an aquarist."

Which is so cool because she can help me with my aquarium problems!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, March 31, 2024 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
You deserve sterling renters!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 31, 2024 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, fingers crossed that the "aquarist" works out (never heard that term before!)

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, March 31, 2024 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
That sounds like a really fun job. I love zoos.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 31, 2024 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh that is even more interesting, Naja

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, March 31, 2024 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
When does she arrive?

And just asa matter of curiosity how old is the pharmacists "baby"?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 01, 2024 - 2:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN The Pharmacist wanted to arrive this coming Sunday, and her baby is about a year and a half or more by now. Last summer when he visited, he could barely crawl yet.

The aquarist wants to come May 1st.